Argos delayed delivery

Options
13»

Comments

• star9
    star9 Posts: 19 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I also have a problem with Argos and would like people's opinions before I draft an angry letter.

On 31st July I ordered a dining table and 4 chairs.
    I was given the delivery date Aug 14th.
    In between they rang to let me know there was a 'problem' and delivery was delayed until Fri 17th.
    Delivery arrived as planned but once driver had gone I realised that the brown chairs I ordered were delivered as black.
    Checked confirmation email from 31/7 that I'd ordered right and rang cust services. They apologised and arranged to replace them on 24th Aug.
    In between they rang and said there were stock issues and they'd deliver on Sept 6th.
    Today when they turned up they'd brought the exact same chairs they were meant to be removing. I refused delivery (a bit pointless swapping wrong for wrong!!) Driver told me they'd ring within an hour. 2hrs later I rang. They took details then rang me back about 10m later (mid school run so hard to talk/hear) to say they've arranged a swap but they've no stock and don't expect any until sometime in Oct. In the meanwhile they've said it's ok to use the others as long as I dismantle them for collection.

I still have my old chairs (luckily) but am angry that it now seems I'm expected to wait 3months between order and delivery of the items I've bought. What is reasonable to expect them to do?
  • somethingcorporate
    Options
    I guess you can send it all back for a full refund if you want to. If they don't have the stock I am not sure what you expect.

What would you like them to do?
    Thinking critically since 1996....
  • HeadAboveWater
    Options
    (Yes I know someone hijacked my thread :rotfl:)

For me, what would I like them to do for me? Simple! I would like them to supply the beds and mattresses we ordered and paid for 2+1/2 months ago!

Posting a letter of complaint off today to Head Office as emails seem to have come to a standstill. Have also got an email address for a guy from homeretailgroup so have sent the same off to him.

Fingers crossed we get a good response soon!!

Girls still asking every day or 2 about the beds :(
    Wealth is what you're left with when all your money runs out
  • HeadAboveWater
    Options
    Just got a call from Argos...

They've given us a delivery date (!!) of 3rd October for both beds/storage including mattresses.

Their 'goodwill gesture' is to refund us 1/2 the cost of the order!!! :j

Have got the guys direct line number if there are any problems before then, and to ring him once the beds are delivered and they'll refund us.

Watch this space... again!! :)
  • somethingcorporate
    Options
    Wow, sounds promising.

Keep up updated s'il vous plait!
  • HeadAboveWater
    Options
    Absolutely!! :D

From what I can see on the Argos website, the price of one bed with mattress is about the same as what we've paid for two... plus we'll be getting 50% refund?! Bargain!!
  • somethingcorporate
    Options
    Sounds like a sweeeeet deal! and worth the hassle in the end.
  • HeadAboveWater
    Options
    Hmmmm...

Will let you know if we've any hair left, if and when they're delivered, and once we manage to build them too!!

emo11.gif

:rotfl:
  • HeadAboveWater
    Options
    .... 3 months and 2 days after we ordered....

.....OUR BEDS HAVE FINALLY ARRIVED!!!!!

:j

Have spoken to the guy in the management team again, and our 50% refund (cheque!) is being sent out this week!

Will update again once beds are built and I've the cheque in my hand!!!!!
  • HeadAboveWater
    Options
    The beds look FAB! Both girls are over the moon with their new beds. (as are we!) Definitely worth the wait.

AND...

We got our 50% refund within a week of receiving our order!!

:j

It pays to complain!!! ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills