Options

Comments

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,662 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Wait til you are in your 50's!!!

Good result on the gas service!!
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Butti
    Butti Posts: 5,014 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    That's kind of reassuring Beanie. ......and at the same time not.
    Debt LBM (08/09) £11,641. DEBT FREE APRIL 2021.
    Diary 'Butti's journey : A matter of loaf or death'.
    Diary 2 'The whimsical tale of the Waterbed of Debt'
    48% off mortgage

'one day I will be rich and famous…for now I'll just have to settle for being poor and incredibly sexy'. Vimrod Member of MIKE'S :cool: MOB
  • Butti
    Options
    beanielou wrote: »

Good result on the gas service!!

I think he felt guilty!
    48% off mortgage

'one day I will be rich and famous…for now I'll just have to settle for being poor and incredibly sexy'. Vimrod Member of MIKE'S :cool: MOB
  • ZTD
    ZTD Posts: 24,327 Forumite
    Options
    Butti wrote: »
    I wouldn't be so sure. Someone I was behind on Friday practically did an emergency stop as soon as the light changed to amber. I locked the wheels up and watched in slow motion the back of their car coming forward. Have no idea how I missed.

You just mustn't be a "from behind" kind of girl...
    Think it's post Christmas overspend on that brill holiday and a bit of a sensation of being an I invisible woman in her 40 ' s.

You're undoubtedly not invisible, just a Woman Who Has Her Shit Sorted (WWHHSS) kind of never looks available.

(Though when I was searching for that article, I came across this one instead - how I laughed...)
    Just watching the money. Going back to my 'cooking' roots. Mainly potatoes and parsnips :rotfl:

There are other roots - carrots, onions and turnips. Just avoid "grey" and "square"...
    I think they are getting rid of the tax rebate on NI contributions.

Ah, so we're getting taxed on tax. Excellent...
    West to East :D

Newquay to Aberdeen - that'll keep you fit...
    The bad news today is the gas man forgot about my service (careful! )

Did you not want a wild abandoned one?
    and I was working from home especially!!!
    The good news is he came at the end of the day and I'd budgeted for £150.
    It cost me £54!

:T
    "Follow the money!" - Deepthroat (AKA William Mark Felt Sr - Associate Director of the FBI)
    "We were born and raised in a summer haze." Adele 'Someone like you.'
    "Blowing your mind, 'cause you know what you'll find, when you're looking for things in the sky."
    OMD 'Julia's Song'
  • There_Is_a_Light
    Options
    Hi Butti, old timer here just popping by. I am delighted that I am finding so many of the old Daily Chat people still on the forums. Had a change of user name but hopefully you remember me. (you kept me company driving to Bromsgrove):D

Off to have a catch up and see what you have been up to.
    "These things take time but I know that I'm the most inept that ever stepped"
    Save £12K in 2016 #150 £12858.59/£14200.00
  • Butti
    edited 5 March 2016 at 12:53AM
    Options
    Well I am finally going to Hamsterdam with travel money. It hasn't been easy for me. I decided to go to Tesco. .....maybe a mistake! Yesterday I wasted 20 mins waiting a lunchtime to change my £s to €s. The woman at the front of the queue appeared to be trying to get Esperanto dollars* After 20 mins I gave up.
    Went back to the travel money counter tonight and they'd closed it 2 hours early. The guy at the customer services counter suggested I went to the airport :eek::eek::eek:
    I put him right on that!!!

He couldn't get through to the nearest Tesco store to confirm their travel desk was open. Miraculously I could and did. INFRONT OF HIM!Got my money and then some wine and a takeaway :T.
    Really must finish packing now and go to bed. :D

* may not exist!
    48% off mortgage

• ZTD
    ZTD Posts: 24,327 Forumite
    Options
    Well I am finally going to Hamsterdam with travel money. It hasn't been easy for me. I decided to go to Tesco. .....maybe a mistake! Yesterday I wasted 20 mins waiting a lunchtime to change my £s to €s. The woman at the front of the queue appeared to be trying to get Esperanto dollars*

I think they use rupees there - that may be where she was going wrong.
    Went back to the travel money counter tonight and they'd closed it 2 hours early. The guy at the customer services counter suggested I went to the airport :eek::eek::eek:
    I put him right on that!!!

Then he suggested a part in the Fantastic 4, when you finished and said "Flame off!" :rotfl:

Why did they close 2 hours early. Is it just me, or are opening hours, the hours you're open?
    He couldn't get through to the nearest Tesco store to confirm their travel desk was open. Miraculously I could and did. INFRONT OF HIM!Got my money and then some wine and a takeaway :T.
    Really must finish packing now and go to bed. :D

How long are you going for? (stop sniggering at the back :naughty:)
    * may not exist!

Almost certain it's rupees...
    "Follow the money!" - Deepthroat (AKA William Mark Felt Sr - Associate Director of the FBI)
    "We were born and raised in a summer haze." Adele 'Someone like you.'
    "Blowing your mind, 'cause you know what you'll find, when you're looking for things in the sky."
    OMD 'Julia's Song'
  • Butti
    Options
    Why don't I come to Amsterdam more often?
    That pesky money thing getting in the way!
    48% off mortgage

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,662 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Hope you are enjoying it :grin:
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • judi24
    judi24 Posts: 2,272 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Oh I love Amsterdam!!!! Hope you are having a fab time!!! Yes the pesky money thing (or lack of it) gets in the way!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure