Butti's Journey: A matter of loaf and death

Options

Comments

• Butti
    Butti Posts: 5,014 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    What a great weekend.
    I don't think I have ever been to such a positive life - affirming funeral or indeed to one where the person in question organised a pub crawl for the guests.
    She will definitely be missed.
    Debt LBM (08/09) £11,641. DEBT FREE APRIL 2021.
    Diary 'Butti's journey : A matter of loaf or death'.
    Diary 2 'The whimsical tale of the Waterbed of Debt'
    48% off mortgage

'one day I will be rich and famous…for now I'll just have to settle for being poor and incredibly sexy'. Vimrod Member of MIKE'S :cool: MOB
  • Butti
    Options
    Been looking at dating sites this morning. ...or rather dating site reviews. It's been a bit of an eye opener so far. From these reviews;
    Eharmony seems to be very good at putting you on a continuous payment authority that is almost impossible to leave.
    Guardian soulmates has an abundance of men.....Who want to date women 20 years younger....It appears.
    Match.com leave profiles up of people who have left and suggest people have contacted you who haven't.

Interesting. Wonder if there are any decent sites?
    48% off mortgage

'one day I will be rich and famous…for now I'll just have to settle for being poor and incredibly sexy'. Vimrod Member of MIKE'S :cool: MOB
  • Butti
    Options
    Well as some of you who know me in real life will have realised it's been a tough week.

I'm dealing with someone at work who makes my father look relaxed and easy going. Unfortunately we've laid down the law to him (literally, we kept saying "It's the law"), and by 'we' I mean me and another professional woman. That went down really well. I think he was mentally trying to work out how we'd escaped from the kitchen :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:. The rest of the project is looking about as easy as dragging a dead body through treacle while a croc pulls on the leg in the opposite direction.

Other than that life is okay.

My neice has sent me a lovely note telling me not to worry about getting her a voucher for the cinema for her birthday and maybe we can all go out to the cinema when I am next up. She's such a lovely person, a credit to her parents.

In other MSE news I have made a curtain for the front door (and stuck an extra bit of that sticky insulation roll round the frame). Had massive (and I mean massive) folds at the bottom so have cut a bit off and am putting a wide hem to the floor on the lounge curtains. Definately feeling warmer in the house.

Caulking to do round the windows tomorrow and some tidying.

Right off to the pub to confirm my teams for a charity pub quiz next week. May have to have a drink while I'm there :beer:
    (It's a pure coincidence I'm on my bicycle! - no I didn't plan this at all :rotfl::rotfl:)
    48% off mortgage

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,657 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    My goodness,that must be some man :eek:
    Happy new curtain :j
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • ZTD
    ZTD Posts: 24,327 Forumite
    Options
    Butti wrote: »
    Been looking at dating sites this morning. ...or rather dating site reviews. It's been a bit of an eye opener so far. From these reviews;
    Eharmony seems to be very good at putting you on a continuous payment authority that is almost impossible to leave.
    Guardian soulmates has an abundance of men.....Who want to date women 20 years younger....It appears.
    Match.com leave profiles up of people who have left and suggest people have contacted you who haven't.

Interesting. Wonder if there are any decent sites?

Facebook I would expect. Learn about people almost like you were already in a relationship with them. Learn about what shopping they bought and when. Learn about their interests in carrier bag spotting, and a blow-by-blow account of the deeper metaphysical meaning of their bowel movements.

?u=http%3A%2F%2Fimg2.joyreactor.com%2Fpics%2Fpost%2Fauto-332942.jpeg&f=1

But if you do find a decent site, spread the joy...
    "Follow the money!" - Deepthroat (AKA William Mark Felt Sr - Associate Director of the FBI)
    "We were born and raised in a summer haze." Adele 'Someone like you.'
    "Blowing your mind, 'cause you know what you'll find, when you're looking for things in the sky."
    OMD 'Julia's Song'
  • beanielou
    Options
    :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• Butti
    edited 20 February 2016 at 4:07PM
    Options
    Right .....so ......trying to remind myself of what I am doing and how I should do that. The next two months are definately going to be ploddy.....but then so be it.

Feeling a bit flat TBH so have looked back over where I have come from at the start, or July 2012 to be more precise.

'Anyway having tired of living the high life on benefits :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: I am getting a job. A real permanant job down south where I am led to believe they still have jobs.'

Remember Butti you had no job, mounting debts, the lodger from hell and no job. You've now got a good job, with nice people and lovely curtains.
    I am starting to really like the house, to look at it and be happy.

Have to get a grip and stop booking concerts. Have managed to stop myself booking Neil Young (not young, about 72 I think). :T I'm already going to two concerts this year and paying £100 for a seat in the Gods doesn't strike me as a great idea. This may be one artist I may have to continue to listen to on CDs until he dies. My debt has gone up this month by about £140!

It's not all bad. The mortgage continues on a downward spiral and I made a big saving last night at 7pm. A loaf of bread, a chicken and some mince "£47".
    "£47!" :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Yes the Co-op has gone decimal, moving the point one move to the right. Once I'd woken the [STRIKE]student[/STRIKE] shop assistant from his semi-coma he realised, like me, that 3 consumable items all on reduced stickers, NONE OF WHICH WERE CAVIAR, should be £4.70!

Anyway, once I have paid for the boiler service on Monday I can decide how much extra I can pay off my debt this month and I can confirm I don't "NEED" to see Neil Young to have a fulfilled life. Next month's joy is the car service. April may re-start my non-plodding journey. (Although I am reliably informed NI is going to go up and we are not having a cost of living increase this year!!!)

Tomorrow I am stepping out of my comfort zone and going to a new social thing, board games in a pub. It looks quite good and the weather looks utterly sh*te so that should be a pleasant afternoon with a load of new people.

In the morning I'm starting my training for the C2C with a cycle ride (before it starts raining hopefully) for about 2 hours. Will report back on the debts next week after I've put the mortgage scores in, mainly so I can go :T:T:T:T:T then:(:(:(:(.

Right off to get some ingrediants to go with my chicken. Am going to try a creme fraiche, chicken, garlic, red pepper, red onion combo tomorrow. Going to see if I can recreate it. Chicken and roast veg today. Thai chicken soup Monday. 6 portions -not bad for £2.50.

Also had a note from the common-in-law sister-in-law, the non-American one who doesn't think you have to demonstrate affection with wads of notes. Bought her two 'ear-warmer / alice band things' (hopefully you get the gist), a black fur one and a cross stitch tapestry one for a total of £16. She's thrilled with them and the colours suit (which was my main concern!). Always nice to have a think about what you are going to buy and then have it confirmed you've got it right.

Okay, food shopping .......

Good to see other folk doing well (even if they have to distract themselves by throwing themselves at lorry drivers!)
    48% off mortgage

• beanielou
    Options
    You really really want a Snoopy mug :j :j :wink:

• ZTD
    ZTD Posts: 24,327 Forumite
    Options
    Right .....so ......trying to remind myself of what I am doing and how I should do that. The next two months are definately going to be ploddy.....but then so be it.

You wouldn't want a life full of excitement, speed and terror.

Which is why you don't drive like I do...
    Feeling a bit flat TBH

:grouphug:

Have you identified a reason why?
    Have to get a grip and stop booking concerts. Have managed to stop myself booking Neil Young (not young, about 72 I think).

Nostalgia isn't what it used to be. Go see a modern band - they need the money more.
    It's not all bad. The mortgage continues on a downward spiral and I made a big saving last night at 7pm. A loaf of bread, a chicken and some mince "£47".
    "£47!" :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Yes the Co-op has gone decimal, moving the point one move to the right. Once I'd woken the [STRIKE]student[/STRIKE] shop assistant from his semi-coma

He was an English student; it was a semi-colon...
    he realised, like me, that 3 consumable items all on reduced stickers, NONE OF WHICH WERE CAVIAR,

Why not? (You slumming it?)
    should be £4.70!

Next month's joy is the car service.

Mine is this month. Joy, joy and more joy...
    April may re-start my non-plodding journey. (Although I am reliably informed NI is going to go up

Is it? Didn't know that. More research to be done.
    and we are not having a cost of living increase this year!!!)

Tomorrow I am stepping out of my comfort zone and going to a new social thing, board games in a pub. It looks quite good and the weather looks utterly sh*te so that should be a pleasant afternoon with a load of new people.

In the morning I'm starting my training for the C2C

Which coasts are you doing? (And don't say "east and west" ;))
    with a cycle ride (before it starts raining hopefully) for about 2 hours. Will report back on the debts next week after I've put the mortgage scores in, mainly so I can go :T:T:T:T:T then:(:(:(:(.

Right off to get some ingrediants to go with my chicken.

Fry a Kentuckyian with it - apparent it's quite popular.
    "Follow the money!" - Deepthroat (AKA William Mark Felt Sr - Associate Director of the FBI)
    "We were born and raised in a summer haze." Adele 'Someone like you.'
    "Blowing your mind, 'cause you know what you'll find, when you're looking for things in the sky."
    OMD 'Julia's Song'
  • Butti
    edited 22 February 2016 at 10:51PM
    Options
    ZTD wrote: »
    You wouldn't want a life full of excitement, speed and terror. Which is why you don't drive like I do...

I wouldn't be so sure. Someone I was behind on Friday practically did an emergency stop as soon as the light changed to amber. I locked the wheels up and watched in slow motion the back of their car coming forward. Have no idea how I missed.

Have you identified a reason why?

Think it's post Christmas overspend on that brill holiday and a bit of a sensation of being an I invisible woman in her 40 ' s.

Why not? (You slumming it?)
    Just watching the money. Going back to my 'cooking' roots. Mainly potatoes and parsnips :rotfl:
    Is it? Didn't know that. More research to be done.
    I think they are getting rid of the tax rebate on NI contributions.

Which coasts are you doing? (And don't say "east and west" ;))
    West to East :D

The bad news today is the gas man forgot about my service (careful! ) and I was working from home especially!!!
    The good news is he came at the end of the day and I'd budgeted for £150.
    It cost me £54!
    48% off mortgage

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure