Butti's Journey: A matter of loaf and death

Options

Comments

• ZTD
    ZTD Posts: 24,327 Forumite
    Options
    Butti wrote: »
    The good news is my tyres aren't illegal :j:j:j:j:j
    the not so good news is that there is 1mm of tread.

Given that the legal limit is 1.6mm - I take it that you mean 1mm over that?
    That's not a lot is it!

Nope...I swapped my winter tyres out at 3.5mm and they had been pretty crap in the limited snow we've had.
    Have booked my next trip :o
    Yes, thought that would impress you all A LOT
    Och aye - hae a guess where :rotfl:

Poor spelling...? :think:

USA?
    Got chatted up by two blokes when I was up north for the last beer festival. Have the telephone number of one, but he lives 100 miles away. Can't decide whether we should meet up for a date, whether I should look on a map and let out a big sigh or whether I should bin it.

If you like him (and vice versa), the 100 miles will be nothing for either of you. If you don't, you'll ignore him so the 100 miles will be nothing again.

I can't really see the difficulty.
    "Follow the money!" - Deepthroat (AKA William Mark Felt Sr - Associate Director of the FBI)
    "We were born and raised in a summer haze." Adele 'Someone like you.'
    "Blowing your mind, 'cause you know what you'll find, when you're looking for things in the sky."
    OMD 'Julia's Song'
  • Butti
    Butti Posts: 5,014 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    ZTD wrote: »

If you like him (and vice versa), the 100 miles will be nothing for either of you. If you don't, you'll ignore him so the 100 miles will be nothing again.

I can't really see the difficulty.

LOL. Can't fault your logic!

Yes it was 1mm over and handling like a bag of spanners!
    Debt LBM (08/09) £11,641. DEBT FREE APRIL 2021.
    Diary 'Butti's journey : A matter of loaf or death'.
    Diary 2 'The whimsical tale of the Waterbed of Debt'
    48% off mortgage

'one day I will be rich and famous…for now I'll just have to settle for being poor and incredibly sexy'. Vimrod Member of MIKE'S :cool: MOB
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,406 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Go of course!!!
    You think 3 years is bad???!!!!!!!!!
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • ZTD
    Options
    beanielou wrote: »
    Go of course!!!
    You think 3 years is bad???!!!!!!!!!

She thinks three days is bad... ;);););););)

*ducks and runs*
    "Follow the money!" - Deepthroat (AKA William Mark Felt Sr - Associate Director of the FBI)
    "Blowing your mind, 'cause you know what you'll find, when you're looking for things in the sky."
    OMD 'Julia's Song'
  • Butti
    Options
    ZTD wrote: »
    She thinks three days is bad... ;);););););)

*ducks and runs*

She......SHE!

I don't need a man to make me complete. .......just one to paint the stairs!
    48% off mortgage

'one day I will be rich and famous…for now I'll just have to settle for being poor and incredibly sexy'. Vimrod Member of MIKE'S :cool: MOB
  • ZTD
    Options
    I don't need a man to make me complete. .......just one to paint the stairs!

Technology has the answer...

amanda1.jpg

Will also make you look taller in a pub...

Though if I had ever tried to paint without completely covering the carpet, I would have been murdered on the spot... :eek:
    OMD 'Julia's Song'
  • Butti
    Options
    I would have a spot straight on the carpet!

Still ok peeps. Bit flat at the mo but cheered up by a few friends at the weekend and customers at work. Someone wrote in this week to complain about the condition of the garden behind their new house. They very helpfully send a photo of a worm to prove they had worms and slugs in the garden.

I was so shocked I had to sit down.
    48% off mortgage

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,406 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Oh you do make me laugh.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • ZTD
    Options
    Still ok peeps. Bit flat at the mo

:grouphug:

Don't hide when you're flat... :naughty:
    but cheered up by a few friends at the weekend and customers at work. Someone wrote in this week to complain about the condition of the garden behind their new house. They very helpfully send a photo of a worm to prove they had worms and slugs in the garden.

Did they get it to pose? Was it smiling? Remember, if it had its thumb up, then it's happy with your work...
    I was so shocked I had to sit down.

I know how you feel. We were told at work (which is in a rural setting) a few months ago that we may have rats and mice in the field to the side.

Some had palpitations and needed smelling salts to bring them round. The women were almost as bad...
    OMD 'Julia's Song'
  • Butti
    edited 11 June 2016 at 11:51PM
    Options
    Must learn when your friend suggests a challenge the correct response is "Pass the crossword"
    NOT "Yes" followed by her suggesting the Coast to Coast cycle ride :eek::eek::eek:
    Hence tomorrow I will not be leisurely reading the papers over a cup of tea, I will be training by cycling 31 miles in 3 hours.
    The whippet look is in???

Thinking of starting a Mortgage Free Wannabee diary.
    48% off mortgage

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure