IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Parking Eye parking charge notice clarification

Options

Comments

• Sarah_gregs
    Options
    HPC is hospital parking charter. They are on the top of the picture of the parking ticket at the very top of this feed.
    Suppose I'm just a little worried now I have seen that!
  • Sarah_gregs
    Options
    Any fake PCN issued for an incident from 1st October 2012 onwards:

- if you were parked in Scotland or NI = IGNORE IT.

- if your 'ticket' is from a firm who are NOT members of the BPA AOS = IGNORE IT.

- if your 'ticket' is from an AOS member and the incident was in England/Wales, there are 2 choices:

a) IGNORE IT, as ever, playing snap with the threatograms that match our sticky thread 'PPC letter chains' (near the top of this parking forum, there's a thread with a link to the archive letters that PPCs have been known to send),
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,777 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    HPC is hospital parking charter. They are on the top of the picture of the parking ticket at the very top of this feed.
    Suppose I'm just a little worried now I have seen that!

You say ''looking over past posts, people are saying not to ignore the ones with HPC''.

What on earth are you talking about? I come on here almost every day, for 5 years of posting and reading every new thread - and no-one has ever said that!

Of course you can ignore it, you do not 'have to pay' in a month of Sundays!
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • prosnap
    prosnap Posts: 399 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi!
    I know that everyone is saying to ignore all letters from parking eye, but looking over past posts, people are saying not to ignore the ones with HPC. Is this true? I have to pay by Sunday before the amount goes up, so I thought I'd ask!
    I stupidly parked in a poly clinic car park, not noticing the signs.
    Do I still have the right to ignore? Or because it is part of the hospital parking charter do I HAVE TO pay it??

Like I say, I have read all threads and posts, but I noticed some saying ignore unless it is HPC.

THANKS!

Hi Sarah,

You should start your own thread for this in order to stop people getting confused with any other topics on this thread.
    That way, all the answers will only be about your case.

It would also help to see your ticket (both sides) with your details removed.
    The word "gullible" isn't in the dictionary
    Tickets: 19 [cancelled: 18, paid: 0, pending: 1]
    PPC Appeals: 8 [accepted: 2, rejected: 5, pending: 1]
    POPLA: 4 [accepted: 4, rejected: 0, pending: 0]
  • FightOrFlight
    Options
    Sedated wrote: »
    A massive thanks to everyone who's replied. Appreciated.

Just waiting for the intimidation to start:mad:

Don't be intimidated. I am looking forward to see how many pieces of toilet paper it would take PE before they give up.

Tell them you charge £90 an hour for the time it takes you to reply to them and that by replying to your letter they agree to the such terms and conditions. :rotfl:
  • esmerobbo
    esmerobbo Posts: 4,979 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Healthcare parking charter or HPC is something dreamed up by the BPA it involves the BPA, NHS trusts, and the PPC's it does not effect what you do with their invoices in anyway.

It is, as it seems to have done with you, an attempt to con people into thinking it means something!
  • Biffy64
    Options
    Parking Eye should be more concerned about the cutting down of trees and sending speculative invoices than parking overstays!!

I have recieved 2 more speculative letters in the past week threatening to take action which i have filed...in the shredder!!:p

I have NO intentions to pay them a penny unless they take me to court (they wont) and ordered to by a judge (my tickets were between midnite-6am & car parks were almost empty) i will argue the facts.

I did also read that someone had pointed out that ANPR cameras wording should be on the signage and not just a small camera picture!!!

Needless to say i will update in due course if PE take any actions (I doubt):j
  • edward123
    Options
    Biffy64 wrote: »
    Parking Eye should be more concerned about the cutting down of trees and sending speculative invoices than parking overstays!!

I have recieved 2 more speculative letters in the past week threatening to take action which i have filed...in the shredder!!:p

I have NO intentions to pay them a penny unless they take me to court (they wont) and ordered to by a judge (my tickets were between midnite-6am & car parks were almost empty) i will argue the facts.

I did also read that someone had pointed out that ANPR cameras wording should be on the signage and not just a small camera picture!!!

Needless to say i will update in due course if PE take any actions (I doubt):j

Yes please. Keep us updated. It will be proof Parking Eye can and should be ignored.
    Got a ticket from ParkingEye? Seek advice by clicking here: Private Parking forum on MoneySavingExpert.:j
  • jb007pib
    Options
    I received a letter for outstayed in Morrison Car Park (4 hours) for £85 and it is because I worked in Coral betting shop.

Do I have to pay the fines for overstayed 1 hour parking even if there is 3 hours maxmium parking!:(

Can you please tell me what do I have to do - pay the fine of £50 within 28 days or ignore it?
  • Stroma
    Stroma Posts: 7,971 Forumite
    Uniform Washer
    Options
    Short answer is no, if you required further advice please create a new thread below, and its not a fine !!
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.php?f=163
    When posting a parking issue on MSE do not reveal any information that may enable PPCs to identify you. They DO monitor the forum.
    We don't need the following to help you.
    Name, Address, PCN Number, Exact Date Of Incident, Date On Invoice, Reg Number, Vehicle Picture, The Time You Entered & Left Car Park, Or The Amount of Time You Overstayed.
    :beer: Anti Enforcement Hobbyist Member :beer:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport