IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Parking Eye parking charge notice clarification

Options
124»

Comments

• spacey2012
    spacey2012 Posts: 5,836 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    taffy056 wrote: »
    The only way you can be made to pay this, is if they take you to court and you lose. The chances of that happening are minuscule.

For 2011
    Fake tickets issued: 1,800,000
    Small claims: 845
    Actual claims before a judge: 49
    Claims won by PPCs: 24
    Chances of going to court: 36,000-1
    Chances of losing in court : 72,000-1

So the ignore advice is the best option for you, unless you get signed and stamped court papers.

They claim around a 55%-60% payment rate.
    The court cases are minuscule on the scale.
    if we take the lower figure.
    We see that IGNORING 100%
    Worked for just short of a million motorists that year.
    If it has to be said a million times, IGNORING works.
    Nothing has worked as well.
    A Million people ignored them 24 were taken to court and lost and off that it is fair to say that they were undefended cases or even set up by parking firms.
    And, they have NEVER won an appeal.
    The solution is out there, it is enshrined in to Law.
    You do not have to contact, negotiate, appeal, write back, telephone anyone .

The only option available is to take you to a civil court, where they generally lose and have never won an appeal against a senile judge decision.
    Be happy...;)
  • Biffy64
    Biffy64 Posts: 7 Forumite
    edited 15 April 2013 at 3:49PM
    Options
    Quick update from my last post in late Dec 2012...

Only recieved 3 lots of letters (last in mid jan) for outstanding tickets in service areas back in Oct 2012. Have recently moved properties and having mail redirected by current owners but NO further threats from PE :)

I dont think its worth reposting unless PE persue me any further so.....
    ME 1 :)
    PE 0 :(
  • GBH001
    Options
    I left my car in an M1 services while I went to do some work for a day further up north....received a fine from parking eye....is this too worth ignoring? or do motorway services operate differently to shop fines etc.
  • Computersaysno
    Computersaysno Posts: 1,222 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I bought a dozen eggs at ASDA and got a ticket. Does that mean I should pay the fine or ignpre it or ask for a POPLA hearing
  • prosnap
    prosnap Posts: 399 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    GBH001 wrote: »
    I left my car in an M1 services while I went to do some work for a day further up north....received a fine from parking eye....is this too worth ignoring? or do motorway services operate differently to shop fines etc.

When you get a moment in your obviously busy day, take a moment to look at some of the other posts in this thread.

What can you see?
    The word "gullible" isn't in the dictionary
    Tickets: 19 [cancelled: 18, paid: 0, pending: 1]
    PPC Appeals: 8 [accepted: 2, rejected: 5, pending: 1]
    POPLA: 4 [accepted: 4, rejected: 0, pending: 0]
  • Guys_Dad
    Guys_Dad Posts: 11,025 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options

You have overstayed in a private car park. The fact it is a service station is immaterial.

You have no valid mitigation for your contravention, so you will need to rely on a technical appeal.

You need to know the timescales involved if you want to use POPLA.

The PPC has 14 days from the contravention to contact you.

You then have 28 days toi appeal to them. In that appeal you give your reasons and demand a POPLA code if they turn you down.

You then make your appeal to POPLA using the successful technical reasons littering this forum, but a selection of the successful ones are on the sticky POPLA Decisions thread at the top of the forum,

And that is it in a nutshell.

Oh, I should have said, you could always pay if you prefer, but I guess you wouldn't want to do that as you came on here.

And, finally, the bad news is that Parking Eye are the one PPC that seems to be doing lots of court action at present.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,777 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 15 August 2013 at 4:42PM
    Options

Ignoring? IGNORING? Nooo!!!

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4691063

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4714233

Read current threads not old ones...errrrrrrmmm...this one is a year old(!!) and pre-dates the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012 and POPLA appeals. Start your own thread once you have read up (threads on the first few pages of the forum) about POPLA appeals and have challenged the fake ticket & got to POPLA stage.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure