PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

August 2012 Grocery Challenge

Options

Comments

• cowboymum
    cowboymum Posts: 242 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Slightly lost track over weekend;
    Tesco £57.29
    Superdrug £4.52
    Coop £1.50

Hopefully no more spends on groceries until Thursday veg box. Seem to be almost at the £400 limit already! Argh!
  • Soworried
    Soworried Posts: 2,369 Forumite
    Options
    Thankyou JJ, I will grab some of the onions and cheese and be up early on Saturday for the chicken. :)
    £36/£240
    £5522
    One step must start each journey
    One word must start each prayer
    One hope will raise our spirits
    One touch can show you care
  • Boodle
    Boodle Posts: 1,050 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Spend 11.21 on saturday. Forgot a couple of things though so will be buying a couple of items tonight when hub takes mil shopping.
    Love and compassion to all x
  • debbiedeejay
    Options
    Morning - can't find my till receipt from Mr M's trip on Friday but I think I spent about £40 so will declare that and check with bank a litle later. Plus extra spend of £7.35 at Mr T's and another of £8 at P£0unland.

Need to reign it a bit me thinks.
    Crazy Clothes Challenge 2012 £57.20/£100,CCC 2013 £68.67/£100 ,CCC 2014 £94.32/£100
    *Frugal Living Challenge 2012, 2013, 2014*
    GC 2014 Jan £154.14/£180;Feb £103.49/£180;Mar 117.63/£160
  • bossymoo
    bossymoo Posts: 6,924 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Morning All

Weekly shop done at @ldi. Very entertaining. Saw two young lads in Sainsbobs uniform buying their lunch stash in @ldi, lol. Even the cashier commented.

Siggy updated, was a £60 spend. But have stuff for the storecupboard as well as the xmas box, on top of the usual gibble for feeding the children.

Tea, coffee, laundry liquid and nappies all included in that bill, so not bad, considering...
    Bossymoo

Away with the fairies :beer:
  • Caterina
    Caterina Posts: 5,919 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Back to Spendland today after the NSW/end, the twins are coming back from the festival and I guarantee they will be starving hungry, as they could not cook at the festival. For safety reasons gas camping bottles weren't allowed and they could not find our storm kettle (reminder to myself: need to look for it!) so they will have had to buy food and as they are always skint they will not have eaten much! Off to market and if not enough then off to Aldi or Lidl for cheese, pizza etc. Have a good, low spend day.
    Finally I'm an OAP and can travel free (in London at least!).
  • pajama
    pajama Posts: 204 Forumite
    Options
    Another spend in Aldi of £27.68 signature updated. I'm doing terrible this month! All my budget nearly gone and it's only the 13th:eek:

Must try harder, must try harder, she mutters into her cup of tea:o
    Grocery Challenge - Sept £205.56/£350.00

• skilly
    skilly Posts: 922 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Hi all, can anyone tell me please how long to cook in a pressure cooker any of those beans that I have just bought please ....gungo peas ,moth beans,alibis,rose coco beans,vall beans,and cow peas.any information would be a help :-) thanks.
    sealed pot challenge number 31 3£496/4£706.75/5 £376.74/6 £645.08/ 7 £861.34 /8 £786.90/9£610.49/10 £722.03 / 16 £802.00/ 17 £? gold star from sue 🌟
  • Kitchenbunny
    Kitchenbunny Posts: 2,085 Forumite
    Photogenic Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Afternoon! Popping on to update my spends of £8.91 on various grocery-y bits and bobs. Making open chicken sandwiches tonight with 1/2 a pack of boneless and skinless chicken thighs - the rest to be used later in the week. :) I'm off to update my sig now!

K xx
    Trying for daily wins, and a little security in an insecure world.
  • meg72
    meg72 Posts: 5,164 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    skilly wrote: »
    Hi all, can anyone tell me please how long to cook in a pressure cooker any of those beans that I have just bought please ....gungo peas ,moth beans,alibis,rose coco beans,vall beans,and cow peas.any information would be a help :-) thanks.

Sorry cant post a linkfor somereason, if you google Fastcooking.ca
    there is a very useful pressure cooking time chart.
    Slimming World at target
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 2 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family