IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.
We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

UKCPS - Claim Form

Options

Comments

• peter_the_piper
    peter_the_piper Posts: 30,268 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Thats 2 of us then.:rotfl:
    I'd rather be an Optimist and be proved wrong than a Pessimist and be proved right.
  • bargepole
    bargepole Posts: 3,234 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Update: I helped the OP with a defence, and after that and the allocation questionnaire were sent back to the court, the claim has been struck out.

I have been providing assistance, including Lay Representation at Court hearings (current score: won 57, lost 14), to defendants in parking cases for over 5 years. I have an LLB (Hons) degree, and have a Graduate Diploma in Civil Litigation from CILEx. However, any advice given on these forums by me is NOT formal legal advice, and I accept no liability for its accuracy.
  • taffy056
    taffy056 Posts: 4,895 Forumite
    Options
    bargepole wrote: »
    Update: I helped the OP with a defence, and after that and the allocation questionnaire were sent back to the court, the claim has been struck out.

Brilliant stuff, another victory for us, against the ole enemy ;)
    Excel Parking, MET Parking, Combined Parking Solutions, VP Parking Solutions, ANPR PC Ltd, & Roxburghe Debt Collectors. What do they all have in common?
    They are all or have been suspended from accessing the DVLA database for gross misconduct!
    Do you really need to ask what kind of people run parking companies?
  • Baldiebloke
    Options
    Fabulous result, well done.
  • trisontana
    trisontana Posts: 9,472 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Once again Haswell backs down when somebody stands up to him. Typical bully!
    What part of "A whop bop-a-lu a whop bam boo" don't you understand?
  • bargepole
    bargepole Posts: 3,234 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Well technically he didn't back down, the Judge struck out the claim as disclosing no cause of action. The claimant can appeal with 7 days to have it reinstated.

I have been providing assistance, including Lay Representation at Court hearings (current score: won 57, lost 14), to defendants in parking cases for over 5 years. I have an LLB (Hons) degree, and have a Graduate Diploma in Civil Litigation from CILEx. However, any advice given on these forums by me is NOT formal legal advice, and I accept no liability for its accuracy.
  • trisontana
    trisontana Posts: 9,472 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Thanks for clearing that up. I suppose the tactic from the company was to try and frighten the motorist into paying up when they saw the scary-looking court papers.
    What part of "A whop bop-a-lu a whop bam boo" don't you understand?
  • arcon5
    arcon5 Posts: 14,099 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Dont suppose we know what defence was submitted
  • Stephen_Leak
    Stephen_Leak Posts: 8,762 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 2 September 2012 at 8:16PM
    Options
    It seems that Haswell was just using HMC&TS to do his dirty work. The problem is that HMC&TS have already said that you can send draft or copy court papers for "information purposes". Anything that stops a case getting to court seems to be OK with them.
    The acquisition of wealth is no longer the driving force in my life. :)
  • SodG24
    SodG24 Posts: 1,123 Forumite
    Options
    trisontana wrote: »
    Once again Haswell backs down when somebody stands up to him. Typical bully!

Haswell is a coward and doesn't like it when people point out facts to him.

**** I hereby relieve MSE of their legal obligation to be responsible for my post and hold myself entirely responsible for it. If Haswell has an issue with the post then he should contact me but he'll probably have to grow a pair first ! ****
    All aboard the Gus Bus !
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family