🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

A day from the diary of a BMW driver...

Options

Comments

• BugsyBrowne
    BugsyBrowne Posts: 5,697 Forumite
    Options
    CKhalvashi wrote: »
    I had a 535d and certainly didn't drive like this.

Although, I do see some BMW driver mentality.

CK

My mate try to keep up to one of those once and we failed only to find out it had more torque then an M5 but also had 2 turbos banged in under the hood.
  • iolanthe07
    iolanthe07 Posts: 5,493 Forumite
    Options
    I wish BMW would start fitting indicators to their cars, though.
    I used to think that good grammar is important, but now I know that good wine is importanter.
  • andy8442
    andy8442 Posts: 200 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    To the OP. Funny 10 yrs ago, but I think you'll find the BMW lane is now reserved solely for the use of Audi A4's.
  • david29dpo
    david29dpo Posts: 3,748 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Don't BMWs have rear view mirrors these days? The flasher stalk on my Smart is worn out trying to get them to move out of the fast lane.
  • cyclonebri1
    cyclonebri1 Posts: 12,827 Forumite
    Options
    scotsbob wrote: »
    When you came onto the motorway there was a broken white line, you only cross that if your way ahead is clear.

The Highway code clearly states that you must give priority to traffic already on the motorway.

Other traffic does not need to slow down or give way to you.

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    I can't believe someone has actually taken this seriously, it's even funnier than the 1st post :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    I like the thanks button, but ,please, an I agree button.

Will the grammar and spelling police respect I do make grammatical errors, and have carp spelling, no need to remind me.;)

Always expect the unexpected:eek:and then you won't be dissapointed
  • wba31
    wba31 Posts: 2,189 Forumite
    Options
    I'm afraid to single BMW drivers out is out of line. Most issues I have had recently have been in anything from Insignia's to Audi's, Citroen to Mercs. Too much testosterone in the outside lane of motorways sometimes... I've lost track of how many men have offered me a fight when behind me, like I'm gonna pull over for a fist fight!
  • worried_jim
    worried_jim Posts: 11,631 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    I can't believe someone has actually taken this seriously, it's even funnier than the 1st post :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

I am amazed, surely nobody thinks that it is real. I guess the irony is lost on some......

But glad that is has made some smile- I laughed when I read it and thought most of you good folks would enjoy it too.
  • Gra76
    Gra76 Posts: 804 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    As an E90 335d M-Sport owner myself I find it offensive that anyone thinks we BMW drivers are anywhere near as intelligent as the OP posted.... :o:D

The same could easily be applied to Golf GTi and Audi A4 drivers these days. Vauxhall Insignia drivers too - especially the 1.9 CDTi's - I've yet to see a driver of one of them any further than 3 inches away from someone elses rear bumper... :rotfl:
  • interstellaflyer
    Options
    Gra76 wrote: »
    As an E90 335d M-Sport owner myself I find it offensive that anyone thinks we BMW drivers are anywhere near as intelligent as the OP posted.... :o:D

The same could easily be applied to Golf GTi and Audi A4 drivers these days. Vauxhall Insignia drivers too - especially the 1.9 CDTi's - I've yet to see a driver of one of them any further than 3 inches away from someone elses rear bumper... :rotfl:

Yep, I think BMW drivers have been usurped and there is a fight for the throne between New model Audi A4 and Insignia drivers, I remember back in the 80's a similar joke applied to Volvo drivers.
    I hate football and do wish people wouldn't keep talking about it like it's the most important thing in the world
  • Lum
    Lum Posts: 6,460 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Always remember Clarkson reviewing the latest (at the time) M3 and saying how it's a fantastic car and you can feel proud to own one now that all the cocks have switched to driving Audis.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport