Two Pennies Left

Options

Comments

• BritishBibliophile
    Options
    Sorry to hear you're still feeling poorly FS. I agree with Amy, house work can wait. I know it can be frustrating being ill for a while, but if you push yourself to do too much too soon then you'll just end up feeling sicker for longer. Better to sit back, keep warm, get lots of vitamin c, and do little bits as and when you feel up to it :)
  • PurpleFairy26
    Options
    Hope you're feeling better today fortune. Yeah to Mr F pay rise -glad the offer was decent.
  • gallygirl
    gallygirl Posts: 17,228 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options

Fortune Smiles, currently at Self Pity Central xxx
    Shove over on the sofa FS, myself and Mr GG are squeezing in. 11 days of coughs and colds here, Mr GG worse than me but I seem to be aiming to overtake him :(.

Hope you're continuing to improve (and can keep us supplied with tea and chicken soup :o).
    A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort
    :) Mortgage Balance = £0 :)
    "Do what others won't early in life so you can do what others can't later in life"
  • Fortune_Smiles
    Options
    amycool wrote: »
    We seem to have developed an illness tag team in my family at the minute! Just as one person starts to feel better someone else succumbs! Then back to person one.

Hope that pesky cough goes very soon. Don't worry about the housework - it'll wait. :D

Hope you all get better soon Amy. As soon as the kids go back to School after the summer holidays the bug season starts. I always brace for it. Xxx
    Sorry to hear you're still feeling poorly FS. I agree with Amy, house work can wait. I know it can be frustrating being ill for a while, but if you push yourself to do too much too soon then you'll just end up feeling sicker for longer. Better to sit back, keep warm, get lots of vitamin c, and do little bits as and when you feel up to it :)

Thanks BB. I am lucky to be able to stay at home and rest up. Mr F doesn't make a very good nurse though :rotfl:
    Hope you're feeling better today fortune. Yeah to Mr F pay rise -glad the offer was decent.

I am on the mend Purp - it's just not happening quickly enough for me ;)

Fortune x
    Mortgage: 87% paid Mortgage Neutral: 100% Emergency Fund: 100%
    A Better View 🌄 'Being on the edge isn't as safe, but the view is better' - Ricky Gervais
  • Fortune_Smiles
    Options
    gallygirl wrote: »
    Shove over on the sofa FS, myself and Mr GG are squeezing in. 11 days of coughs and colds here, Mr GG worse than me but I seem to be aiming to overtake him :(.

Hope you're continuing to improve (and can keep us supplied with tea and chicken soup :o).

Make yourself comfortable GG - although I'm hoping not to be here for very much longer.

Fortune x
    A Better View 🌄 'Being on the edge isn't as safe, but the view is better' - Ricky Gervais
  • Fortune_Smiles
    Options
    I felt like I'd turned a corner yesterday and managed to make some progress:
    • pleased that I've been able to keep up with home cooked, healthy
      meals whilst I've been ill. Yesterday we had Leek, Bacon & Potato Soup for lunch with Parsnip, Parmesan & Sage Bread. There's leftovers for today's lunch too. Supper was Hot Mustard Lentils with Sausages leftover from the previous night's supper. Not a favourite recipe but I was looking for something to use up the beetroot that came in my veg box last week.
    • dusted the living room. It was the room that most needed a clean and I'd planned to finish off with a hoover today
    • on-line shopping arrived - a little under budget this week as I had a lot of fresh stuff to use up and could skip the veg box delivery
    • booked some appointments
    • tidied up some paperwork.

However, my coughing has resulted in a torn muscle :eek: It's right by the side of my boob which I now have to hold whenever I cough to stabilise the injury :o It's a great look :rotfl:

Stop laughing :p

Fortune x
  • greent
    greent Posts: 10,671 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Sending gentle hugs (whilst trying not to laugh (only a little bit) at the same time).... xx
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
  • rtandon27
    rtandon27 Posts: 4,562 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    oh dear - what an awkward place to tear a muscle!

sending feel better healing vibes your way - nothing worse than a lingering illness! - begone bad bugs, begone!:D
    4 YEARS 10 MONTHS DEBT FREE!!! (24 OCT 2016)
    (With heartfelt thanks to those who have gone before us & their indubitable generosity.)
    ...and now I have a mortgage! (23 AUG 2021)
    17 YEARS 4 MONTHS LEFT OF 20 YEARS
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Awww, Fortune! Put your feet up, lass!
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • Tilly_MFW_in_6_YRS
    Options
    Ooh Fortune what a b$gger. Take it easy. Feet up and forget the housework.

Best wishes Tilly xxx
    2004 £387k 29 years - MF March 2033:eek:
    2011 £309k 10 years - MF March 2021.
    Achieved Goal: 28/08/15 :j
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business