Goodbye Mortgage - the beginning of the end!

Options

Comments

• lilmissmup
    lilmissmup Posts: 6,884 Forumite
    Options
    You are having a baby??? ;)

He He congrats again!

I am well just super busy and neglecting MSE!
    Now a SAHM trying to earn some spare pennies each month
  • Beckyy
    Beckyy Posts: 2,830 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thank you lilmissmup! ;)

I hope you and LO are well x
  • lilmissmup
    lilmissmup Posts: 6,884 Forumite
    Options
    We are good, just can't believe how busy I am now I don't work..... :D
    Now a SAHM trying to earn some spare pennies each month
  • Beckyy
    Options
    I just made our first OP in about 5 months of £300. :j

I'm still working on our new budget and also trying to put a little away for buying baby things later on in the year. We're not wanting to spend much, but would much rather set a bit aside each month to cover the costs of basics and furniture. I'm also planning on saving up reward points and vouchers from surveys etc. so that we can use those for baby things too.

The hose split on our hoover which is still under warranty so I called and a new one is on it's way! Very impressed it was so simple as OH was looking at buying a replacement hose.

Our tumble dryer was one of the ones recalled. I've been waiting 4 months and still no word on a repair, I've seen others being given replacements and have sent an email to chase it up as I think it's got to the point where it's those who shout the loudest get something done about it now.
  • Beckyy
    edited 17 April 2016 at 3:23PM
    Options
    We're having a little boy :)

Looking forward to being able to plan things a little more now, and not have to stick to neutral everything.

Our new hoover hose arrived and is all sorted, and we also have the date for our tumble dryer recall repair (sadly not a replacement, boo!)

We're still saving up our vouchers/rewards for baby things, and I think we're going to gradually start buying bits and pieces now to stagger it all. Hopefully we're not going to have to spend much actual money by the time we have everything - just to finish the 'needed' list!

I've been thinking a bit more about a long term plan now. We intend to stay put instead of looking for a bigger house right now. Our mortgage fix is due up in May 2017, it's a shame it's not further on, but hopefully we will get a good deal offered by then. The aim is to get our LTV down enough to try and ensure that as much as possible. I haven't figured out exactly how much we'll need to OP, and would also like to get our house valued in the near future just out of curiosity.

I've just done my car insurance renewal... managed to find a quote a lt cheaper than my renewal. Company came down a little bit but still almost £100 more than new quote so went with that and should also get £20 £co cashback.

Current mortgage balance: £82,724.95
    I've just made an OP of £30, TSBshuffle and few other odds and ends. Hopefully there will be something a bit more substantial at the end of the month!

'Bigger stuff' to do list:

[strike]Car insurance renewal [/strike] - £100 saved + £20 cashback.
    Change elec tariff/provider
    Line rental saver renewal
    Home insurance renewal
  • Beckyy
    Options
    Last month I planted some vegetable seeds. Every year I intend to grow things and it either never gets tarted, or gets stuffed but never really goes far. This year I'm determined to follow through with it!

I planted:
    Tomatoes
    Cherry Tomatoes
    Courgettes
    Cucumbers
    Onions
    Spring Onions
    Strawberries
    Peppers

Everything except the peppers have germinated and I've started to re-pot the larger seedlings now. The only concern I have is if I will have enough space for everything to grow to plant size. I'll be quite limited to pots/grow bags but hopefully this shouldn't have too much of an impact on the things I've planted.
  • Beckyy
    Options
    My peppers have started to germinate... about 6/7 weeks since sowing! :j Here's hoping they come to something.

I've been juggling around and hoping to now start acting like I'm only receiving limited pay, and using the excess to save/OP/towards baby.

I've just cashed out some £co earnings we were saving in vouchers to use for things that are on our list. Hopefully we'll manage to get a lot of things with vouchers leaving only a couple of hundred pounds which we'll need to actually spend in actual money.

Planning on making an OP in the next couple of days, would love to get our mortgage down a fair bit more before baby is here!
  • Watty1
    Watty1 Posts: 4,998 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Congratulations on the little boy :)
    Made it to mortgage free but what a muddle that became

In the event the proverbial hits the fan then co-habitees are better stashing their cash than being mortgage free !!
  • Beckyy
    edited 28 April 2016 at 9:38PM
    Options
    Thank you Watty! :j

I've OP'd £375 today. I checked our mortgage balance and the odd amount at the end is very annoying, would love to just keep adding and adding but have to draw the line somewhere this month.

I'm hoping to OP a similar amount for the next few months and get as much off as we can.

My to-do list is still pretty much the same...

'Bigger stuff' to do list:
    Change elec tariff/provider
    Line rental saver renewal
    Home insurance renewal
  • Luckyinlife
    Luckyinlife Posts: 1,613 Forumite
    Options
    Well done becky Thats a great amount :] what was the amount left after OP :]
    Mortgage--- [STRIKE]£67700 March 15[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]£65221 April 15[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]£64983 July 15[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]£64780 sept 15[/STRIKE] Remortgage [STRIKE]£67295 oct 15[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]£66599 Nov 15[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]£65878.73 Dec 15[/STRIKE][STRIKE] £64834 1st Jan 16[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]Feb 16 £64,511.89[/STRIKE][STRIKE] March 16 £64,056.40[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]April 16 £62550[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]May 16 £62,396.20[/STRIKE] Feb 17 £60.800
    Emergency fund 23k
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport