Goodbye Mortgage - the beginning of the end!

Options

Comments

• Beckyy
    Beckyy Posts: 2,830 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Re-budget done, and everything organised. Just need to wait for a new month to start to see how it goes. Was paying too much into car account by new calculations but everything else was about right.

Got myself a spare wheel on eBay for a reasonable price, my car didn't come with one so will be glad to have it just in case.

Went out for dinner last night, shouldn't have really from a finance point of view but really enjoyed it and only the 2nd time we've eaten out this month.

Appreciating the short month when it comes to grocery budget, feel like I'm on track with it properly, and having a few days less to buy for has really helped. Hoping to get my payslip too and see how much spare there will be after paying for the rest of the hallway floor (if any!)
  • Beckyy
    Options
    Saw some family this weekend and took cash in a bid not to overspend, miraculously I came home with change (albeit coins rather than notes!) but very pleased I didn't overspend.

Need to meal plan for the last few days of the month. Making pizza tonight but not sure about Tue - Fri. £22.48 left of the food budget so need to be v.careful!

Currently owe savings £1283.58 :o Should be able to bring it down into 3 figures in March, just. No idea if we'll be able to make our savings aim of £5k in 2014, is looking near impossible at the moment.

Have sent £co a message about the cash back claim for the 2nd bingo site I did - no change since I raised a claim for it so hope it comes through ok.
  • Beckyy
    edited 27 February 2014 at 8:34PM
    Options
    Got my £5 off £40 Aldi shop voucher in the paper today - let the meal planning begin! Was sorely tempted to get 2 and fill the freezer but decided against it incase I ended up spending a ton of March's budget just for the sake of spending the £40 x2.

Have budgeted my pay to death just about, and added some money back into savings. Currently owe £1075.78. Will be able to adds ome £co cashback when it comes through. Won't know what's left from OHs pay until end of March as every time I put money into savings he ends up spending it and I have to put it back in...

Current mortgage balance: £94,360.15

Good thing about a short month is less daily interest added on before next payment! Will be making March's OP once BTL rent is received, any left over will go back into savings. Wonder if we might get into the £93K's in March :D
  • Beckyy
    Options
    March already :O

Went to a candle party last night but didn't spend too much, thankfully. Bought a couple of home things today including a wall decal for the bathroom - leaves me with about £35 'pocket money' for March.

£co said bingo claim might take 6 months to go through, glad it was only a £5 spend as would be quite annoyed. Won't be doing any more til I know the outcome of that one.

Got a load of housework to plough through... best crack on!

Mortgage balance: £94,382.21
  • Beckyy
    edited 5 March 2014 at 8:49AM
    Options
    Have had a really busy few days between work and LL courses. Pocket money for the month is dwindling due to candle party and a friends birthday present...think I'm down to under £10!

I have a day off today but have a huge list of things to get done around the house.

Food budget is looking good so far, only a few days into the month but seem to be sticking to it better :money:

Ordering the things to service my car myself, going to give it a go... used to on my old car but haven't attempted it on this one yet - shouldn't be much different...

Loads of people seem to be expecting babies at the moment, starting to make me think about having a family more. I seem to be um-ing and ah-ing so much, it's just knowing that I will never be able to work as many hours as I do now or have so much financial freedom as we currently do so I feel like we should take full advantage of it now while we can, but on the other hand I don't want to wait too long just incase it takes a while to happen. I guess it's one of those things you just can't fully control.

On the plus side, I should be able to make March's OP tomorrow :D
  • Beckyy
    Options
    Just made March's OP of £209, so on track with the 2014 target :D

Current balance with OP: £94,239.62 so we should be into £93K when this months normal payment goes through :j

Still owe savings £1047.64. Not great but should hopefully come down some more soon.

Still haven't eBayed the eBay pile :o Not really sure if it will sell very well but hopefully (once I get round to it) it will get enough to make it worth while.

Got a load of housework to do (nothing new there!) so better get cracking...
  • Happier_Me
    Happier_Me Posts: 563 Forumite
    Options
    :wave:

Ooh, someone else who owes the savings money... I thought I was the only one!

If it makes you feel any better we owe the savings approx £2,750 :eek:. Admittedly, we have been a bit naughty these last few months (we've booked a sneaky Centre Parcs holiday in rather posh accommodation, for instance) but we are on a strict budget now and aiming to pay this all back by the end of April AND maintain our mortgage overpayments.

And you have an unebayed ebay pile, just like me..we could be twins!
  • Beckyy
    Options
    I'm so very glad I'm not alone, another weekend gone and my eBay pile is still uneBayed also :rotfl: Enjoy your holiday though, we all deserve a treat now and then.

And on the plus side, there's no interest to pay when you owe yourself :money:
  • Beckyy
    Options
    Current balance is £93,806.66 :D Into the £93K's!

I'm hoping we should be able to pay back our savings next month which will mean we can start our 2014 savings pot. The original target of £5,000 is probably going to be near impossible, but I won't change it as it will be a good challenge. I'll be delighted if we get anywhere close.

Not too long til the end of the tax year so will have to look into new ISAs, hoping the best rate is with our current bank to save the hassle of opening a new account with a new bank!

Have had a busy week at work which is good, the month is flying by really, not even that long til payday now.

Our healthy eating and exercising that we started with gusto in the new year has slowly died out, between work and my hot cross bun addiction I'm feeling like I need to pick up on the exercise and stop eating so much - portion control isn't my strong point!

Free listing on eBay today... might be the kick up the bum that I need!!
  • Pearla*Merle
    Pearla*Merle Posts: 1,611 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Tell me about the hot cross bun trouble! I was doing well at resisting and then Mr Merle found some chocolate toffee ones ahhh!
    Beckyy wrote: »
    Loads of people seem to be expecting babies at the moment, starting to make me think about having a family more. I seem to be um-ing and ah-ing so much, it's just knowing that I will never be able to work as many hours as I do now or have so much financial freedom as we currently do so I feel like we should take full advantage of it now while we can, but on the other hand I don't want to wait too long just incase it takes a while to happen. I guess it's one of those things you just can't fully control.
    Have been experiencing the same thing here, I definitely think it's one of these things where no time is utterly perfect and no time is utterly wrong. Things usually work out for the best. :) There's a lot to be said about going with the flow, but don't wait til the last minute if you know it's something you definitely want to do. :)
    a penny picker upper. MFW approx 78% to go | FIRE 3 years worth (30% savings rate: now aiming for 40%!) | Normality is a paved road; it's comfortable to walk, but no flowers grow on it | Whatever you're meant to do, do it now. The conditions are always impossible | The only thing you absolutely have to know, is the location of the library
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure