PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Preparedness for when

Options

Comments

• Memory_Girl
    Memory_Girl Posts: 4,957 Forumite
    Options
    mardatha wrote: »
    So my question is.....
    What the hell should I grow?

Simple - Jelly Baby Tree ................ DS2 can show you how :p

MG
    FINALLY AND OFFICIALLY DEBT FREE
    Small Emergency Fund £500 / £500
    Pay off all Debts £10,000 / £10,000
    Grown Up Emergency Fund £6000 / £6000 :j
    Pension Provision £6688/£2376
  • anika
    anika Posts: 289 Forumite
    Options
    Bedsit_Bob wrote: »
    Does it look something like this?
    product.jpg
    If so, how much are they selling it for?

Yes that's the one, however, no price yet, but asda are doing it for a tenner. Maybe they will do it for less ie. 9.99:rotfl:

I have just finished one second after and thought it, entertaining! But now I am on, The road, by Cormac McCarthy, both on audiobook, which I find an odd one!! If that is how it will be, then, no, I won't want to be here! Although I am only half way through it, it is still very different from the former. At least in one second, they banded together and made the best of it. In The Road, it is total abandonment, weird and almost like the last survivors on the planet. Maybe a happy ending, but highly unlikely:( at this point I have not got the foggiest what happened!

As for audio books I can totally recommend them. I can get my man servant to do all the work whilst I go about my business and multi task as usual:T
  • Butterfly_Brain
    Butterfly_Brain Posts: 8,862 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped! Post of the Month
    Options
    we had a massive thunderstorm with hail this afternoon just as we left the hospital, we were both soaked to the skin by the time we got back to the car :(
    had some life changing news, just been told i have myopic macular degeneration and cataracts in both eyes, but because it is early days not much can be done it is a wait and see sort of thing, pardon the pun........ i am only 55 :(
    have to go back in 9 months for another check up.
    must admit to having a little cry when we got back and i have a southern comfort in front of me
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones that let in the light
    C.R.A.P R.O.L.L.Z. Member #35 Butterfly Brain + OH - Foraging Fixers
    Not Buying it 2015!
  • anika
    anika Posts: 289 Forumite
    Options
    Ah BB, eyes are precious :( but you never know at this stage, where things may go! Fingers crossed for you x
  • greenbee
    greenbee Posts: 16,168 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    mardatha wrote: »
    So my question is.....
    What the hell should I grow?

Flowers
    Nothing wrong with field mushrooms.
    No, there isn't. My point is that plenty of people can't recognise them. There are some poisonous mushrooms that look similar, but mostly people get tummy ache from yellow staining agaric.
    Simple - Jelly Baby Tree ................ DS2 can show you how :p

MG
    Now that's the best idea I've heard all day :D
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    BUTTERFLY BRAIN such a lot of worry along with your other health problems too pet. My Sister in Law is 52 and last year was diagnosed with Diabetes and has cateracts forming in both eyes along with some vision changes due to the diabetes, her consultant has said it's possible that the eyesight changes will reverse as her diabetes is brought under control which is happening slowly but it's a daunting prospect at such a young age for both of you. All I can offer by way of comfort is that there is at least one other person in the world who is in the same situation (almost) and that medical advancement is happening all the time and it's possible that they may find treatments to stop and reverse the macular degeneration in the future. Hugs and lots of love Lyn xxx.
  • thriftwizard
    thriftwizard Posts: 4,676 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    No, there isn't. My point is that plenty of people can't recognise them. There are some poisonous mushrooms that look similar, but mostly people get tummy ache from yellow staining agaric.

Field mushrooms are the ones with pinkish stems, aren't they? And if in doubt, crush the stem, and if there's a yellowish fluid - don't.
    had some life changing news, just been told i have myopic macular degeneration and cataracts in both eyes, but because it is early days not much can be done it is a wait and see sort of thing, pardon the pun........ i am only 55
    must admit to having a little cry when we got back and i have a southern comfort in front of me

{{{Huge hugs}}}, Butterfly Brain. Not nice news to get your head around; I don't know what to say except, thinking of you especially today.
    Angie - GC May 24 £253.52/£450: 2024 Fashion on the Ration Challenge: 10/68: (Money's just a substitute for time & talent...)
  • D&DD
    D&DD Posts: 4,405 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all :)

BB so sorry to hear your news hun there's a lot of stuff online about MD I seem to recall spinach was a help in some way will try and dig up some articles as I had some bookmarked when I had my eye trouble last year.Mine have never been the same since that infection so I do sympathise with what you're going through XX

OH was 43 when he had his cataracts done,he had them on the back of the eye and an aggressive form that went from not there to totally blind in 6 months,not a great thing for a postie!! When he had his ops he was the youngest in the waiting rooms by around 40 years lol..he had complications so now needs glasses all the time and after having perfect vision for so many years before this it really affected him :(

Beautiful day here so off to the garden with a spring in my step rather than thermal knickers on!!

Have a great day all XX
  • nuatha
    nuatha Posts: 1,932 Forumite
    Options
    jk0 wrote: »
    Do you like tomatoes? I buy expensive vine tomatoes to make Spag Bol every week. I think if I had some plants I would use any excess to make sauce to go in the freezer.

Unfortunately tomatoes tend to need greenhouses, particularly at Mars location (bleak, exposed and elevated)
    Mar I'd second the advice on fruit, and if you fancy apples, look at "stepovers"
    we had a massive thunderstorm with hail this afternoon just as we left the hospital, we were both soaked to the skin by the time we got back to the car :(
    had some life changing news, just been told i have myopic macular degeneration and cataracts in both eyes, but because it is early days not much can be done it is a wait and see sort of thing, pardon the pun........ i am only 55 :(

Hugs.
    I've spent a lot of the last couple of years in an eye hospital. It is truly amazing what they can do and how well they look after you. (Effectively I'm half blind in one eye due to a bleed inside the eye, discovered in the middle of an eye test for new glasses). Its horribly frightening and the fear is that you'll be blind and helpless. Almost every month I hear tales of just how much difference eye hospitals have made to people who were going blind and now aren't.
    GreyQueen wrote: »
    :o Laminated in two very attractive woods, one dark and one light, sandwiched between matte black fibreglass, in my case. I did say it was a very pretty bow, didn't I? :o
    It is rather pretty.
    Actually, as well as being a fun hobby, archery could be seriously useful for hunting or worse, if it all went horribly wrong in the future. Guns are one thing, but they're audible over long distances and require ammunition, whereas you can manufacture a bow of sorts in woodland in return for a few hours' labour.

My bow manufacturer says they're in Sherwood Forest, but I think they might be stretching the geography a tad for the romance of it. I was in Sherwood in 2012 and I didn't see them............

I wouldn't like to attempt to shoot an arrow from their base into Sherwood (got to be 7 or 8 miles).
    English longbows are fairly easy to make (nowhere near as pretty as GQs) flat bows even moreso. Fairly sure I still have a tiller in my workshop, I'll have to keep an eye out for some good yew staves this summer.
  • muffin_man_7
    muffin_man_7 Posts: 784 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 14 May 2014 at 10:34AM
    Options
    Does it look something like this?
    product.jpg
    If so, how much are they selling it for?

I got one yesterday for a fiver in asda cos the case damaged the fiver saved will pay for some canisters I have a question

Wheres the safest place to store them?
    and can i use it in the kitchen if ive got the window open t ia
    2nd purse challenge no040£0 Sealed pot challenge ???? £2 trolley find not counting small coins till end year
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure