PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Preparedness for when

Options

Comments

• mardatha
    mardatha Posts: 15,612 Forumite
    Options
    Our midges aren't a patch on yours over on the west. The ones I "met" in Plockton and Ullapool were the size of bats! We aren't much bothered by them here - maybe too high up. Just the odd humid evening.
    She canny send you the sweeties. I et them.
  • ginnyknit
    ginnyknit Posts: 3,718 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I could live on crayfish, when I was on the Atkins diet a few years ago I used to buy them from Aldi for lunch and was always disappointed when I had eaten the pot full. I wonder if you could breed them in a tank, Dd has a large empty fish tank and I know where I can catch some....wanders off to hatch a plan....

Hubby was shouting in the bedroom the other night and I ran to his aid only find a BIG spider had appearred next to him in the bed and he had flicked it across the room and couldnt find it :rotfl: I am afraid I did laugh. He isnt frightened of them particularly but having one wandering around the bed isnt good :o

Its cool dull and rainy here but the garden needs a good soak so I will try and be happy about it.

One of my old cats was a great hunter and brought cooked sausages and a trout in a cooking bag - now thats class and the sausages were still warm. You can always tell when a cat has bounty cos it backs through the cat flap :rotfl:
    Clearing the junk to travel light
    Saving every single penny.
    I will get my caravan
  • RAS
    RAS Posts: 32,785 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    ginnyknit wrote: »
    I could live on crayfish, when I was on the Atkins diet a few years ago I used to buy them from Aldi for lunch and was always disappointed when I had eaten the pot full. I wonder if you could breed them in a tank, Dd has a large empty fish tank and I know where I can catch some....wanders off to hatch a plan....

ginnyknit

You need a licence to keep crayfish and are very unlikely to get one. It was precisely because people did not realise that crayfish are arch escapees that the small keepers led to the massive invasion and decline of native crays (as a result of disease more than competition).
    The person who has not made a mistake, has made nothing
  • ginnyknit
    ginnyknit Posts: 3,718 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Oh well back to the drawing board - bad idea :o
    Clearing the junk to travel light
    Saving every single penny.
    I will get my caravan
  • fuddle
    fuddle Posts: 6,823 Forumite
    Options
    Whodathunkit though? Not a bad idea ginny but not one I want to see you whisked off by the collar for!

RAS what you don't know isn't worth knowing. :D

wcs - we all have one of those days I reckon. I don't think it's possible, regardless of lifestyle chosen or forced upon, to be completely and utterly content forever and ever, amen. Your inner contentment will come back soon ;)
  • westcoastscot
    westcoastscot Posts: 1,404 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    'tis ok fuddle - although may take my ball home if Mar is going to keep hogging all the sweeties :) swap you some for some midgies?????
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    I always thought a Tanto was what you went to see at christmas with a Dame in it!!!

MAR would you like some sherbert sprouts?????

If theres any Sherbert Lemons going, they like em in Hampshire too!!!!!

WCS maybe your future life will be better than you could ever imagine, you can't go back pet, only forwards and you're more than brave enough for the challenge, go gettem!!! Cheers Lyn xxx.
  • pineapple
    pineapple Posts: 6,931 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    But....... I like BRUSSELS SPROUTS!!!!!!!! Oh gosh, does that mean I've become a pariah?????
    No just that you have to stay upwind of us at all times :eek:
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    OK can do!!!! I'm not a piranha MAR nothing fishy 'bout moi!!! I'll send you some pinky shrimp sweeties if you'll be my frend agen?????
  • RAS
    RAS Posts: 32,785 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    ginnyknit wrote: »
    I know where I can catch some....wanders off to hatch a plan....

Alternative plan if you live in the south http://www.environment-agency.gov.uk/homeandleisure/recreation/fishing/119096.aspx

They are still refusing licences up here.
    The person who has not made a mistake, has made nothing
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport