Forum Home» Old Style MoneySaving

What Value things have you tried and liked? - Page 3

New Post Advanced Search

Coronavirus: The latest from MSE

The MSE team is working extremely hard to keep the info we have about your travel rights, cancellation rights, sick pay (and more) up to date.
The official MSE guides: UPDATED MSE Coronavirus Guides

NEWSFLASH

New, free ‘Academoney’ course from MSE and the Open University launches
All the key areas of personal finance are covered, so that you can master your money decisions

What Value things have you tried and liked?

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Old Style MoneySaving
1.4K replies 163.1K views

Replies

• flourgirlflourgirl Forumite
    3.4K posts
    The value things we like are Cheddar Cheese, Digestives and chocolate digestives, jaffa cakes, caramel wafers, mushy peas, tomatoes, fruit cocktail, (for triffles) sweet & sour sauce, pasta sauce, mayo, porridge oats, we buy these every month, if I think of any more I'll post again
  • southern_chicksouthern_chick Forumite
    369 posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭
    I really like Asda Smart Price Chicken in white sauce in a can its about 59p (probably really high in fat, salt etc but it tastes soooo nuce) i've tried M&S, Sainsburys and Olde Yorke but none of them are as nice, its got really big chuncks of chicken in it

hth
    SC XX
    since finding MSE forum I am debt free, have more NSD than SD always take LTW, have an EF, save for Christmas and bills during the year to pay in full and am slowly working towards being MF :T
  • I rate value biological washing powder.

Obviously no good if you need non-bio, but otherwise it's great - and I still only use a half measure! It gets stuff perfectly clean.

I do use branded fabric conditioner (whatever is on offer) but that's my compromise.
  • i only buy smart price chicken breasts. A chicken is a chicken so i can't see it makes much difference.
  • jcr16jcr16 Forumite
    4.2K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    i don't buy much value products anymore. but i always buy value flour and it is something i always stock up on. and i dont think i'll ever not buy it. also vlaue milk chocolate. fab for cooking.
  • shellsuitshellsuit Forumite
    24.8K posts
    Mmmm last week I got Tesco value liver and bacon pate....it is LUSH!!!

It's only about 30p and is much nicer than any other pate I've ever tasted in my life! Delish on wholemeal toast.

I'm drooling thinking about it now,yum yum.......
    Tank fly boss walk jam nitty gritty...
  • bookadictbookadict Forumite
    254 posts
    Fantastic thread.

I love SP Tuna, I can't tell the difference between this and john west.

Tesco Value biscuits are the best, could eat some ginger nuts right now. :rotfl:

Also value natural yoghurt, ideal for making smoothies.

value tortillas and peanuts are really nice for munching on.

i use to be a food snob and only eat branded items, now i don't care as it all generally tastes teh same. :j
    Sealed pot challenge 2009 - target £750. Dec - April £275

April NSD - 15/20
  • Penelope_PenguinPenelope_Penguin Forumite
    17.3K posts
    I've been Money Tipped! Best Buy Bear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi, again. Here's the thread from last year on this topic:

Tesco Value - yummy or yucky?

HTH, Penny. x
    :rudolf: Sheep, pigs, hens and bees on our Teesdale smallholding :rudolf:
  • lineyliney Forumite
    5.1K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Smart price corned beef. Smart price tinned fruit is generally fine. Smart price cheese is ok if you like mild chedder. Smart price weetabix. Smart price Ginger nuts..... Can you tell i shop at ASDA ?)
    "On behalf of teachers, I'd like to dedicate this award to Michael Gove and I mean dedicate in the Anglo Saxon sense which means insert roughly into the anus of." My hero, Mr Steer.
  • Penelope_PenguinPenelope_Penguin Forumite
    17.3K posts
    I've been Money Tipped! Best Buy Bear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i only buy smart price chicken breasts. A chicken is a chicken so i can't see it makes much difference.

I think the difference is possibly from the chicken's point of view.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'd always thought that *value meat* was either from animals subjected to lower welfare standards, or imported (which can often mean the same thing).

Penny. x
    :rudolf: Sheep, pigs, hens and bees on our Teesdale smallholding :rudolf: