PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Weekly Flylady Thread 19th March 2007

Options
Welcome to the weekly Flylady thread, usually ran by Moggins but I'm just filling in temporarily. If you need help organising your week when it comes to housework, or just the motivation to do the dreaded housework tasks you have to do, come and join us, hopefully make it a little easier. You never know, you might start to enjoy it!

A few of the basics before we start the week.
Hotspots are any areas which if one thing gets put there loads of other things follow!

Daily routines are anything you need to do on a daily basis like washing, ironing, making beds, vacuuming high traffic areas, making meals etc

Nighttime routines are all things which make getting ready in the morning easier, preparing clothes for the next day, making lunches, swish & swipes of the kitchen and tidying the living room before you go to bed plus personals like shower/brush teeth etc.

27 Fling Boogie - stick on some loud music, grab a binbag and whizz around the house finding 27 items that can go out with the rubbish, recycling, for charity shop, basically anything that will stop it cluttering your home.

Right then here goes Monday

Kitchen & Downstairs Toilet

Kitchen
1. Wipe down all worktops, cupboard doors, drawer fronts and windowsill.
2. Clean top of cooker, inside of fridge and microwave.
3. Clean sink, draining board and wash any plastic drainers/cutlery holders.
4. Sort out fridge make sure anything that needs using soon is at front
5. Clean washer drawer out, clean filter in dishwasher if you have one
6, If you didn't do the oven last week have a go this week
8. Wipe the washer and freezer front make sure those appliances sparkle
9. Clean floor
10. Clean window

Downstairs toilet (if you have one)
1. Clean sink & toilet
2. Empty bin/
3. Wipe top of toilet cistern, and the flusher (handle/cord) etc.
4. Clean toilet floor.
5. Clean handles on both sides

Don't forget the daily/night time routines of course!

Extra job, clean that kitchen bin, inside and out, and the lid. If it's got a pedal make sure that's clean too.

Tuesday - Living areas & Hall/Porches/Entrance

1. Dust throughout living area and hall/s inc tops of door frames and doors
2. Wipe down skirting and light switches/fittings if required
3. Vacuum throughout halls and living area including under furniture & the sofa
4. Tidy away anything that shouldn't be where it is now!
5. Make sure all coats are away tidy & entrances aren't blocked
6. Clean mirrors, clocks and screens.
7. Make sure the front door is clean, inside and out
8. Clean living room window
9. Check curtains and blinds, clean if required.

Extra for today, 27 fling boogie and paperwork sort, give that pile of paperwork that's been ignored 15 minutes of your time.

Wednesday
Master bedroom, stairs and landing

1. Check for cobwebs and dust all furniture
2. Remove bed linen and wash
3. Vacuum bedroom floor, stairs, landing and bed
4. Turn mattress before replacing linen if required
5. Clean landing and bedroom window
6. Check if any curtains/nets/blinds need cleaning
7. Make sure everything is in the right place and you can close wardrobes/drawers

Extra if needed, one hotspot, anywhere on the house, make sure it's dampened down before it catches fire!

Thursday Double Trouble

Study/Pc areas and bathroom

Study
1. Clean PCs, mouse, monitor, keyboard etc
2. Make sure desk is tidy and dust free
3. Vacuum study floor
4. Clean window, check if curtains/blinds need cleaning

Bathroom
1. Clean bath, sink and toilet (inc lid, cistern and flusher)
2. Dust bathroom cabinets/shelves and polish any mirrors
3. Wipe down tiles, make them shine!
4. Fling out anything empty or beyond its use by (on back of product should tell you how long shelf life is)
5. Tidy what is left after flinging, make a note what you have too much of and not to buy, and what needs buying
6. Vacuum/Sweep and mop bathroom floor
7. Clean bath room mats
8. Clean bathroom window

Todays extra, make any important calls you've been putting off. If there is any paperwork still needs sorting after the 15 minutes you did on Tuesday, do another 15 minutes

Friday Flyer (well it is for those without kids, spare rooms or dining rooms)

Kids rooms/Spare Rooms

1. Strip those beds, make sure there is nothing lurking under the mattress while you are there
2. Make sure no dirty laundry on floor or clean laundry waiting to be put away
3. Make sure everything else is in it's place
4. Vacuum the floor and mattress before replacing linen
5. Wipe down skirting/light switches/light fitting/door if required and dust anything that needs to be
6. Empty any bins in the bedrooms, give those a quick clean too

Dining room

1. Clean table cloth, placemats, runners etc
2. Dust where necessary
3. Wipe chairs if required and dust the backs
4. Vacuum dining room floor

As an extra check those fire alarms again, make sure there aren't any bulbs need replacing

Well that's it for the weekend, apart from dailies of course. Make sure those uniforms are washed, dried and ready for Sunday morning. See you all on Monday in the new thread :)
One day I might be more organised...........:confused:
GC: £200
Slinkies target 2018 - another 70lb off (half way to what the NHS says) so far 25lb

Comments

• cha97michelle
    cha97michelle Posts: 5,818 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    It's great that it is the kitchen. I've just cleaned the inside of the oven after doing a roast chicken for dinner tonight. I used the tip from the thrifty ways book (wipe out a still warm oven using a cloth dipped in white vinegar) and it really worked. It's the cleanest it has been for ages, and it was really easy.

I've just had a mad hour making baby purees, repacking the freezer, and making the kitchen look a bit better. I will still do it more thoroughly tomorrow.

This week i need to knuckle down before the in-laws visit next weekend

Monday 19/3:
    Kitchen
    2. [STRIKE]Clean top of cooker, inside of fridge[/STRIKE] and microwave.
    [strike]4. Sort out fridge make sure anything that needs using soon is at front[/strike]done on Saturday when i restocked it
    5. Clean washer drawer out,
    [strike]6, If you didn't do the oven last week have a go this week[/strike] see tip above
    9. Clean floor
    10. Clean window

Don't forget the daily/night time routines of course!

Extra job, clean that kitchen bin, inside and out, and the lid. If it's got a pedal make sure that's clean too.
    Go with sister to meet photographer for wedding at 1:30
    Deal with post
    Post DVD rental back
    Make baby bottles
    Make chicken stock
    Make chicken based baby purees
    Make chicken risotto for our tea
    Make baby bottles
    Check airers/fold dry stuff/put on ironing or away
    Pack baby clothes in box
    wrap birthday pressies for step-gran and FIL
    write card for step-gran
    [STRIKE] change baby bedding
    wash it [/STRIKE]

Plus anything else that arises as i think of it.

Michelle, x
  • thriftykatie
    Options
    Thanks for that Lil_me and I can sympathise with your problems with the computer - I am still waiting for the telephone bill for my long chat on the BT helpline after my problems with total broadband last week!

I've managed to get some stuff done over the weekend including alot of the little but 'never get round to it' jobs. Won't do a list, but pleased that I ticked some of the things off, particularly sorting out all my magazines (recylcing box now full and space on the floor now empty!). Also sorted out all my food magazines and cut out all the recipes I wanted. Still have to file them but they are in one folder now and I can sort them properly later.

Glad it's the kitchen as it's in a pretty good state and shouldn't need too much doing after a thorough clean last week. Have a very busy week socially and work wise so flying will have to be at a minimum.

Tomorrow after work I have a market research group (£40 :T ) and hoping to go to the gym after that so will not be in until around 10, but should be able to whizz round the kitchen without too much fuss.

Will put on the DW before bed, and do a quick tidy round the living room. Bedroom needs a bit more attention so hoping (pretty please Lil_me :rolleyes: ) that will be later in the week when I have a bit more time.

Well, need to finish some emails for work then going to do our packed lunches (pasta salad with left over pasta) for tomorrow.

Night all, and happy flying everyone.
    Proud to be dealing with my debts
  • lil_me
    lil_me Posts: 13,186 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Michelle honey, please don't over do it. I am sure in laws won't expect an 'Anthea House' when you have a little one to look after. Make sure you keep some energy for when they are visiting.

Katie, don't worry bedrooms will come later in the week, little and often and it'll be sorted in no time, trust me.

Need to add to my list

Try to finish TMA (need to contact tutor as it will be late)
    Sort some more in drawers, nearly done now :) just doing it bit by bit
    Take the so far sorted clothes to charity shop
    2 laundry loads
    Ring play area, if no sign of lens order DS1 new lens
    Parents evening mustn't forget 5pm
    Social evening with support group
    Return library books (thanks for the rental reminder, bet they are overdue)

Argh I haven't got the uniform out for DS2, darn it, just remembered, right must dash!
    One day I might be more organised...........:confused:
    GC: £200
    Slinkies target 2018 - another 70lb off (half way to what the NHS says) so far 25lb
  • Miss_Cinnabon
    Miss_Cinnabon Posts: 19,481 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    First time i have posted on this thread, need motivation as i have good intentions but never get it all done!

No downstairs toilet, wish we had though:D

Monday 19/3:
    Kitchen

2. Clean top of cooker, inside of fridge and microwave.
    5. Clean washer drawer out
    9. Clean floor
    10. Clean window

Dailies to do.

1. Post back all my rentals, they have been collecting dust for a few months! tut tut:rolleyes:
    2. Make a batch of soup, got a my veg box yesterday so need to use them up
    3. Sort my magazine pile and sort them out for twink.
    4. Appointment at dr's so must remember to give mum ds1's insulin for lunchtime.
    5. Dads birthday, will try and get up to graveyard as i havent been in a while.

Kyle
  • thriftykatie
    Options
    Welcome Kyle - I haven't been around for that long but posting a list really helps, and sadly it gives me a bit of a buzz posting the same list with some (hopefully all) crossed off.

I know that I wouldn't do half as much without the board, and now find I have my weekends back. I can do stuff if I choose to, but the house is tidy and clean so I don't have to charge round like a demon like I used to!

Happy flying.
    Proud to be dealing with my debts
  • cha97michelle
    cha97michelle Posts: 5,818 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Lil me i promise i won't kill myself. I need to get the house more organised though, as the spare room has become a dumping ground again, and we bought some stuff today, and the boxes are still in the living room. It's more tidying than cleaning, and i will probably do some things in the evening or delegate to DH.

We also ticked some longer term jobs off the list today. DH finally put light switch covers back on in the Living room (haven't been on since before baby.) We also bought one of 2 light shades needed for the living/dining room. As it cost £150, we will have to get the other next month or something when we have collected together some more vouchers from paidtoclicks.

The extra light made me realise how cluttered the LR looks, so i will be tackling some of that this week.

Michelle, x
  • bebee_2
    bebee_2 Posts: 348 Forumite
    Options
    Evening to everyone and Welcome to the Newbies.
    And a belated Mother Day - it has been quite a hard day for me today, this time last year i was with my mum who was in hospital. Mum had lung Cancer and was recovering well. but the Evening before Mothers day mum had a bad turn and was taken into hospital and to cut a long story short Little did we know that it was to be the last Mothers day we would be together. As the Cancer had started to spread and had travelled to the Brain. I have so many mixed emotions today and my Heart has been filled with so much sorrow. I can't really put it into words.
    This morning My 3 Daughters had a Fabulous bunch of flowers delivered and gave me a lovely pressie. My grandchildren also visited... and then from thier things went down hill. I have felt totally unapprecaited my DD2 went out about 12 noon and whinged when i told her she had to come home. can't see why i'm so upset and Yes we have argued a little i have tried to explain how i feel but she thinks i'm being unfair because i wanted to spend sometime with her today. This time last year she was ringing me, when i was with mum telling me how much she missed me and wanted us to be together. i thought she would have wanted to spend sometime together..... Sorry just needed to get this of my chest a little bit....

Anyway back to the school run/Dnurse and DH work run again tomorrow.

Figers crossed my Amazon order arrives tomorrow then i can try to fit in some baking have order silicon bakeware.
    Hopefully DH employer will sort out his salary tomorrow as well!!!
    Pigpen - I have started to sort those things out and will let you know.
    Lil_me thank you for Mondays list and Yes i do have a downstairs loo
    Few things to day then i'm off to my slumber

PS Its SNOWING HERE !!!!
    £2 Pig has £86 in his Tummy. I am seriuosly Become a O/S Saver
  • rach
    rach Posts: 5,476 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    evening all, thanks for the list. :)

i've been away all weekend (, had to go straight back to work this aft when i got home :(

am working on my day off tomorrow but should be able to get some flying done as well. kitchen is looking ok but a clean won't do it any harm!
    Mum to gorgeous baby boy born Sept 2010:j
  • DeniseNZ
    DeniseNZ Posts: 1,041 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi all.

Had a good weekend, but a bit of a panic this morning. One of the kitties has a sore back, and I couldn't find him this morning. Had a last check before I walked out the door to work, and found him right under DS3s bed. Quick trip to the vet ensued, and he's now on antibiotics for two bite marks on his back! I'm thinking it was probably the over-exuberant puppy!

SO - Monday looks like this:
    [STRIKE]Grocery list;
    Half hour spent looking for kitty;
    Laundry;
    Walk puppy;
    Another half hour spent looking for kitty;
    Finally find kitty;
    Phone work and tell them I'd be late;
    Trip to the vet to put kitty right;
    Work;[/STRIKE]

Groceries;

Kitchen & Downstairs Toilet

Kitchen
    2. Clean microwave.
    5. clean filter in dishwasher if you have one

Downstairs toilet (if you have one)
    1. Clean sink & toilet
    2. Empty bin
    3. Wipe top of toilet cistern, and the flusher (handle/cord) etc.
    4. Clean toilet floor.
    5. Clean handles on both sides

:)
    If there is to be any peace, it will come through being, not having - Henry Miller
    M.A.C.A.W Member . . Wannabe Flybaby
  • wilf55
    wilf55 Posts: 3,102 Forumite
    Options
    thanks going to try to make a special effort and keep up this week ....the house defo needs it!!!
    Save 12k in 2015 member 187. £62.50/6000
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 6 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family