HolidaySafe Travel Insurance - Your Feedback

Options

Comments

• rolodam
    Options
    I had a similar experience to others in this post, spent time yesterday evening filling in the online forms including payment only to receive error messages and no policy documents. Attempted twice to purchase a policy same problem. Checked my bank account and the two payments were recorded as pending. e-mailed and called today to cancel and get refund. Advised it would take a few days to be returned into my account, if so, it has been dealt with swiftly.:)
  • weejonnie
    weejonnie Posts: 330 Forumite
    Options
    Hi all,

Unfortunately I have just come back from a trip to Turkey where the villa we were staying at was broken into while out for dinner. The safe(s) were ripped out from the wall (later found smashed open with cash/jewellery and cameras gone), whole house turned over. Off on a bad foot finding out that my prize camera will entitle me to 75% of what I paid for it :(.

I wonder if Amber would have time to suggest if I am able to prove ownership over jewellery with pictures? My fiance and I are struggling to find the receipts for her jewellery.

Will report back on the progress. Simply went with this company based on MSE top recommendation. Hope this is fore filled and Martin hasn't turned his once helpful website into advertising space..

Moneysavingexpert is indeed an affiliate of HolidaySafe http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/redir/8c014402 and therefore would receive payment of a commission on any policy sold through that link.

You can tell when such links are money-earning because there is an asterisk '*' next to them and a disclaimer at the bottom of the page advising you that Moneysavingexpert will receive payment. It is all quite open.

Whilst I am sure that you appreciate that it does cost a lot of time and money to employ people to provide financial information - free at source, nevertheless there could be a perceived conflict of interest between providing 'independent advice' and receiving payment from customers buying a recommended policy - who may think that the recommendation is based on a whole of market survey.
  • grecian10
    grecian10 Posts: 2 Newbie
    edited 6 September 2014 at 9:48PM
    Options
    I logged a Travel Insurance claim with HolidaySafe 30 July and still waiting for my claim to be settled. Received standard letter on 30 July saying response would be in 10 working days. Nothing. Rang they said I would receive a response 22 Aug.... Nothing. Sent complaining email 1 Sep and reply received back 2 Sep to say case was now marked urgent....Nothing received to date! I won't be using HolidaySafe again!
    Letter received this morning 6 Sep asking for banks statements etc for more evidence. It also informed that excess of £75 per person, so that's £300 off our claim already! I'm losing the will.....
  • Holidaysafe_Representative
    Holidaysafe_Representative Posts: 108 Organisation Representative
    Options
    Dear Grecian10,

Thank you for your post, my name is Amber Howard and I am the Brand Manager for Holidaysafe.

Firstly I would just like to sincerely apologise that you are unsatisfied by the service you have received from our appointed claims handlers, Travel Claims Facilities.

Travel Claims Facilities endeavors to provide a high standard of service, however there are times in the year when they experience high volumes of claims and occasionally this will lengthen the time it takes to respond to you.

If you would like to send me your details to Holidaysafe@infinityinsurance.co.uk and I will investigate the matter for you.

Kind regards,

Amber.
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Holidaysafe. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • grecian10
    Options
    OK posted onto forum, and on Monday 8th Sept received email to arrange a call from HolidaySafe. Received call on Tuesday to say extremely sorry extremely busy etc etc, I would hear by Friday 12 Sept .....Yes you guessed it ..... nothing...
    Options
    Dear Grecian10,

I am so sorry that you did not receive your update as promised.

I have spoken to the Claims Manager again on your behalf, and I understand that your claim has now been settled and that the person in charge of your claim has spoken to you today.

Once again please accept my sincere apologies for the delay in getting this all finalised for you.

If you have any further questions or queries, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Kind regards,

Amber.
    I am the official company representative of Holidaysafe. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Options
    You seem to be able to kick butts Amber!

But a shame your other upset clients who don't come here don't get this treatment.

Maybe the first step of your complaints procedure should be to post it on this MSE thread and to follow up any shilly shallying by the Claims Manager here too before moving to a formal written complaint pre FOS!
  • nickjdunkley
    Options
    Dear Nickjdunkley,

Thank you for your post.

Firstly I am very sorry to hear about your situation, I have double checked with our claims team and I can confirm that they would accept jewellery boxes or photographs of you wearing the jewellery as proof of ownership if you cannot find the original receipts.

Unfortunately our cover for possessions is not new for old, and so there may be deductions based on the age of your items - this is standard practice across the travel insurance industry.

If you have any issues, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at Holidaysafe@infinityinsurance.co.uk.

Kind regards,

Amber.

For the threads benefit I thought it would be useful to give an update. Our friends who admittedly submitted their claim a few weeks before us did not appear to have any issues in getting their full claim (positive!). We however have been waiting nervously since sending out our documents on 14/08/14 (1month+ now).

I have been in touch with Amber who got straight back to me & suggested that they have an unusually high number of claims to deal with, so hopefully there will be money left to support my claim..

.. To be continued!
  • PSXmad2
    Options
    Having looked at the reviews for Holiday Safe I booked with them this year, unfortunatly a member of our party had a RTA and I ended up having to bring him home early, All went well and we returned safely. Additional expences where incurred and a claim was made in July this year. On October 25th, 4 months later, a letter arrives to say my claim should be directed to his travel insurance company, guess who it is ! yes your right "Holiday Safe Travel Insurance". Very hard to stomach that it take so long to be told your not covered, but I suppose the moral is buy cheap cover get cheap service.
    Options
    Dear PSXmad2,

My name is Amber Howard and I am the Brand Manager for Holidaysafe.

Firstly I would just like to sincerely apologise that you are dissatisfied by the service you have received from our appointed Claims handlers, Travel Claims Facilities.

Although they have experienced an extremely high influx of claims over the past few months, the experience you describe is not the high standard of service we strive to provide at Holidaysafe.

Therefore, I would like to investigate your case as a matter of urgency, to try and get this settled for you as soon as possible. To allow me to do this, can you please send me your details to Holidaysafe@infinityinsurance.co.uk.

I look forward to hearing from you, and once again please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused by this situation.

Kind regards,

Amber.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure