Options
1272829303133»

Comments

• dacouch
    dacouch Posts: 21,637 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Ambers back....

Davesato, you should make an "Official Complaint" to Travel Safe, this should be polite and not ramble on, you should clearly identify what solution you are looking for.

If Travel Safe do not give you a satisfactory response you can then take the matter to the Ombudsman. This is free for you to use but costs Travel Safe around £500 whether they win or lose so tends to focus their mind...

The Ombudsman tends to be consumer friendly and rather than looking at the fine print of the policy they tend to look at what is fair / common sense.

I also recommend you keep a record of calls and time spent on your claim as should it go to the ombudsman you may be able to request an ex gratia payments towards your costs incurred and time spent.

I also recommend you leave a truthful review of the company when your claim has been settled.

If you need any further advice, feel free to post there are plenty of posters who will help and for some unknown reason (lol) TS are not popular with us
  • Victor_Delta
    Options
    Will be interesting to see Amber's response to this.
  • JoycieB
    JoycieB Posts: 32 Forumite
    Options
    Davsato, make a request for recordings of all the phone calls you've had with them. By law they have to give you them. Don't settle for transcripts. If they don't, report them to the ICO. Use the recordings for your ombudsman report. I'd do it quickly as well...

Regarding "Amber's" response, see every response to every bad review. It is there to make it look like something is being done. In reality, if you do get a response, it's them explaining why they think you're wrong.

"Thank you very much for taking the time to leave us a review, my name is Anna and I am part of the team here at Alpha. I am very sorry to hear of your feedback regarding your quotation, and we would like to look into this for you.

Could you please get in touch with us via responses@tifgroup.co.uk with your full name, date of birth, postcode and quote reference, along with an explanation of what happened on your quote journey including declaration of pre-existing medical conditions."

"Thank you very much for taking the time to leave us a review. My name is Anna and I am part of the team at Holidaysafe. I am so sorry to hear about your situation, and understand that our Emergency Assistance Team are in touch with you to provide help and support. I have also alerted our complaints team on your behalf. In the meantime, if there is anything at all that I or the team can do to help, please let us know at responses@tifgroup.co.uk."
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure