HolidaySafe Travel Insurance - Your Feedback

Options

Comments

• Holidaysafe_Representative
    Holidaysafe_Representative Posts: 108 Organisation Representative
    Options
    Hi sharpharp,

Thank you for your post, my name is Amber and I am the Brand Manager for Holidaysafe.

I am so sorry to hear you've had problem with our appointed claims team - this is not the standard of service we strive to provide at Holidaysafe.

If you can email your details to Holidaysafe@tigroup.co.uk, I can certainly chase this up for you and investigate the delays. I can also log an official complaint for you if I cannot resolve the matter to your satisfaction.

Once again I am very sorry for any and all inconvenience caused.

Kind regards,

Amber
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Holidaysafe. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • sharpharp
    sharpharp Posts: 167 Forumite
    Options
    Hi sharpharp,

Thank you for your post, my name is Amber and I am the Brand Manager for Holidaysafe.

I am so sorry to hear you've had problem with our appointed claims team - this is not the standard of service we strive to provide at Holidaysafe.

If you can email your details to [EMAIL="Holidaysafe@tigroup.co.uk"]Holidaysafe@tigroup.co.uk[/EMAIL], I can certainly chase this up for you and investigate the delays. I can also log an official complaint for you if I cannot resolve the matter to your satisfaction.

Once again I am very sorry for any and all inconvenience caused.

Kind regards,

Amber

Hi Amber,

Thanks for your reply, but as mentioned, all previous emails have been completely ignored, will emailing this address [EMAIL="Holidaysafe@tigroup.co.uk"]Holidaysafe@tigroup.co.uk[/EMAIL] fall into another black hole as well?

I will email you right now and will provide feedback on here on just how Holidaysafe / tif-group handle it from here.

Regards,
    Options
    Hi sharpharp,

That email address delivers directly to me, so I can assure you it will be responded to. As stated above - this is not the standard of service we strive to provide, and so I will be personally investigating this with the Claims Manager once the situation is resolved for you.

I look forward to receiving your email.

Kind regards,

Amber
    I am the official company representative of Holidaysafe. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
    edited 6 April 2018 at 5:25PM
    Options
    Hi sharpharp,

Apologies, I've just realised that I mis-spelt the email address, it should have been holidaysafe@tifgroup.co.uk.

My sincere apologies for the typo. I will be back in the office Monday morning.

Kind regards,

Amber
  • sharpharp
    sharpharp Posts: 167 Forumite
    Options
    Hi sharpharp,

Apologies, I've just realised that I mis-spelt the email address, it should have been [EMAIL="holidaysafe@tifgroup.co.uk"]holidaysafe@tifgroup.co.uk[/EMAIL].

My sincere apologies for the typo. I will be back in the office Monday morning.

Kind regards,

Amber

I was wondering why I'd had no reply, email sent again just now
  • cathysl1
    cathysl1 Posts: 21 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Totally agree with others that have commented they are a Disgraceful company and agree Shame on MSE for even promoting these cowboys.

They maybe of the he cheapest travel insurance providers, but has anyone tried to put in a claim or contact them? Good Luck when you do.

When my son who had bought a policy for longstay backpack and had used them for 2 years never making a claim until he was caught up in a horrible incident and for which he had no control over airport closed etc which in turn caused him to miss his connecting flight home
    a total cost of approximately £350 . They found every excuse not to pay changing the reason why they were not paying when it was challenged .

Pay a little more and get the cover and customer service with another provider.
    You will regret it if you need to make a claim , and AMBER always has a generic answer when a complaint is online but nothing ever seems to be settled to the customers satisfaction.

see TRUSTPILOT
    Options
    Hi cathysl1,

Thank you for your feedback, my name is Amber and I am the Brand Manager for Holidaysafe.

I am so sorry to hear that your son had problems when trying to make a claim. It is really difficult for me to comment on individual cases without knowing the full details, so if you could email your son's information to holidaysafe@tifgroup.co.uk, I can investigate for you.

I can also raise an official complaint on his behalf.

Kind regards,

Amber
  • Oenone
    Options
    HolidaySafe has just wrecked my plans for a French holiday that was supposed to start in five days time. I have - HAD! - a multi-trip policy with them giving cover until October. Last week I had a routine medical which showed a slight heart murmur. My doctor scheduled a non-urgent heart scan but did not advise me to cancel my holiday. I contacted HolidaySafe, expecting to pay a top-up premium. I am shocked and horrified to find it will not continue to insure me for ANYTHING, not even a broken leg! Completely and literally not wanted on voyage! I have been tersely offered only a claim form for a cancelled holiday or a refund of the unused portion of my insurance. It will not even maintain cover for the elements that have absolutely nothing to do with a potential heart problem: travel delay, accident cover, theft of possessions, lost passport, personal liability. What the hell am I supposed to do? I might have accepted an exclusion of heart-related conditions, although this policy was taken out in good faith months ago before there was any additional medical question mark. But now I do not even have the chance of getting alternative insurance at a less than exorbitant price since I would have to own up to being refused cover and I have no chance of a medical resolution until the test results come in after the holiday. And all this for something the doctor says is probably trivial. I am not going to cancel my holiday - I am going to the wedding of my oldest and dearest friend. So I have to take the appalling risk of travelling with no cover even for basics like theft and 3rd party liability and will have to depend solely on EHIC medical cover. Scuppered for being honest with a company whose customer service (no email address provided, 40 minutes on the phone at my expense ... and that's just for starters) is appalling. Potential customers beware.
    Options
    Dear Oenone,

I am sorry to hear that you're dissatisfied with your experience with us, and I sincerely apologise for any and all inconvenience caused.

Unfortunately there are certain situations we simply cannot provide cover for, as it is impossible for our Underwriters to adequately access the 'risk' this change in health could pose.

In these cases it is our policy to offer a pro-rata policy refund or holiday cancellation.

I would stress that these procedures are standard across the entire market, but I would suggest looking at other insurers before travelling (most won't ask about your previous insurance history).

Once again I am very sorry, and if you would like to raise an official complaint you can do so by emailing complaints@tifgroup.co.uk.

Kind regards,

Amber
  • poggersthegreat
    Options
    My teenage daughter is on a gap year before going to university and purchased what she thought was the ideal backpackers insurance policy, underwritten by TIF. Unfortunately whilst in Cambodia she was involved in a very nasty boat accident, through no fault of her own, and suffered a broken back. Prior to this, her mobile phone had been stolen, so she asked me to coordinate medical treatment from the UK. She was taken by ambulance on a four hour trip to Phnom Penh where the clinic she was taken to demanded $400 to cover the cost of an MRI scan before they would even see her! This company have been absolutely appalling the whole way through. I had to constantly telephone them to see what was happening to my daughter. The Foreign Office sent an official from the local embassy in Phnom Penh to see my daughter and told me to get her out of there asap as it was not a good hospital. I telephoned the insurers to ask them to move her and this took many days, during which time both my daughter and husband and I were desperately worried, wondering what was going on. When I phoned the emergency helpline, I expected them to say that they would take care of everything and not to worry. Not the case. I had to phone five or six times a day to get updates. I was not kept informed at all. My daughter wished to be repatriated to the UK as she was terrified that she was going to be left paralysed and wanted the best treatment. The insurers kept stalling about making the arrangements, all the while my teenage daughter was languishing in a Cambodian clinic, alone, afraid, with a broken back!!! To cut a long story short, I ended up flying out there myself, spending thousands of pounds on flights (my daughter had to remain lying down as much as possible, meaning we had to fly business class), hotel, etc and have submitted a claim for reimbursement over a month ago. Only just had acknowledgement of my claim form. Have no idea when I am going to be reimbursed. Absolutely appalling.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure