HolidaySafe Travel Insurance - Your Feedback

Options

Comments

• Holidaysafe_Representative
    Holidaysafe_Representative Posts: 108 Organisation Representative
    Options
    Hi stephen160,

Thank you for your post, my name is Amber and I am the Brand Manager for Holidaysafe.

To answer your questions:

1) We include pre-paid transport costs under the cancellation section of our policies, so the cost of both flights would be considered by the claims team.

2) Unfortunately, connecting flights are not covered as standard on our policies. You can add cover for this on our Backpacker policies, plus our Single and Multi Trip Platinum policies.

Kind regards,

Amber
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Holidaysafe. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • stephen160
    stephen160 Posts: 71 Forumite
    Options
    thanks, will have a look at the policies
  • stephen160
    stephen160 Posts: 71 Forumite
    Options
    just to confirm , connecting flights are covered in the premier and premier plus policy .
    thanks steve
  • dacouch
    dacouch Posts: 21,637 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    stephen160 wrote: »
    just to confirm , connecting flights are covered in the premier and premier plus policy .
    thanks steve

Are you sure about that
  • Holidaysafe_Representative
    Holidaysafe_Representative Posts: 108 Organisation Representative
    Options
    Hi stephen160,

Connecting flights are specifically excluded in all policies ("No cover is provided under this section for: connecting flights once you have left your international departure point on either your outbound or return journey), unless you add our 'Missed Connection Extension', which is only available on the policies I listed above.

Kind regards,

Amber
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Holidaysafe. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • Freckles2312
    Options
    I bought a policy from Holidaysafe as it was recommended on MSE for my holiday to SE Asia in a week.
    I'm now horrified to read all the many posts about such poor customer service for the past few years on this thread alone. I'm worried now and wish I known about these issues before booking and I would have paid a bit more and gone elsewhere.
    I realise it's down to the individual to check the small print of the policy.
    But surely at the very least MSE could advise on their main page Holidaysafe has received comments regarding poor customer service? MSE do that for energy companies, etc., quite regularly.
    Not all of us have time to check online forums when buying holiday insurance.
    Any reason MSE why you haven't said that Holidaysafe has been reported as having "issues"?
  • Victor_Delta
    Options
    Don't worry, all insurance companies have pros and cons and you will tend to find the horror stories on forums like this.
    If you want comparative surveys, I suggest you look at Which? who cover holiday insurance at least once a year. Holidaysafe may not be No 1 but they don't do too badly in the reports and tables.
    We've used then for many years now and, so far, not had any problems.
  • Freckles2312
    Options
    Thanks for the reply. I did actually check out Which? and MSE before choosing Holidaysafe
    Just wish I'd come across this thread first as I wouldn't have used them and paid a bit more for a better customer service.
    Fingers crossed I won't need to use the policy!
  • johnfthetraveller
    Options
    Took out Holidaysafe Lite. On my return journey the coach to the airport broke down and I missed the flight. On checking the policy this is not covered. In fact, now I see a warning that " There is no cover if your travel plans are disrupted".

Policies are complex, and the get-out clauses the insurance companies use are many and varied.

I just assumed a Lite policy would still cover the basics, like missing a flight due to reasons beyond my control. My bad!

This policy comes under the "cheap and nasty" category.

Avoid.
    "Our remedies oft in ourselves do lie
    Which we ascribe to Heaven"
    - All's well that ends well (I.1)
  • sharpharp
    sharpharp Posts: 167 Forumite
    Options
    Shame on MSE for even promoting these cowboys.

Granted they are one of the he cheapest travel insurance providers, but has anyone tried to put in a claim or contact them?

We've had to cancel a policy due to illness before travelling, put a claim form in at beginning of March and sent via email (as instructed by them) and received no communication whatsoever.

I rang the Claimline after a week and no response and it took 2 days to get through by phone, then I was told the email address had changed, yet the claim form still showed the same email address I was using on the Holidaysafe website.... How on earth can a company change their claim email address and not even think to change/update their claim forms.... says it all really.

Re-sent the claim again to the new email address, got an automated response saying they'd get back to me in 7 working days and still nothing and it's now well into April.

The claims side is called Tif-plc or Tif-group and nobody picks up the phone or answers emails.

It's a shame MSE didn't check out these cowboys before promoting them.

As per the advice on my other thread in the Insurance section, I will now be contacting the governing body FOS and tell them that Holidaysafe tif-plc or Tif-group are just not fit for purpose and should not be allowed to operate.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure