Caz counts it down

Options

Comments

• Cwtchie
    Cwtchie Posts: 331 Forumite
    Options
    I have now finished reading your diary from the start, we sell on ebay, we have 5 horses and shovel muck at all hours also lol! Well done for all you have achieved I have thoroughly enjoyed the read! Good luck! :)
    £250 shopping, diesel and any other spends
    December 16- January 15 £345.06/250.00 -£95.06
    £2 saving a day for christmas 2017 £0/£730
    Total debt paid off before 26 December 2017 £3142.31/14,053.85 = £10911.54 left to go
  • DebtFree2012
    Options
    Morning Caz

Great news ultimately that the part didn't cost too mucha dn the guy sounds really nice who came out for you. I guess fuel included he won't be making much lol.

How are the boys? Are you getting this last wave of "summer" we've been getting here (only couple of days but we're [EMAIL="n@ked"]n@ked[/EMAIL] again for a bit!)

Doing great on debt too, focus is fab. Look forward to scores tomrorow.

DF
    Debt - CCV £3792
    CCB £1383 (took a hit for a holiday)

Loan 1 £1787
    Loan 2 £1683
    Total £8601 Was £39302
  • cazmanian_minx
    Options
    mfmaybe wrote: »
    That's all sounding very positive. Where will the rebate go?

And yay for getting heating fixed both cheaply and quickly. Ours always seems to be going for one reason or another! We can get by for a few days using the fire, but unfortunately have no hot water without it. Cold showers in winter are not to be recommended.

Well, it was all going to go off the Nationwide card, but now £90 of it will pay for Jeff. The rest - I can either pay it all off the Nationwide card (which finishes its 0% in November, but only reverts to 9.9% standard) or I can pay less off the Nationwide and allocate some to the major expenses I know will be coming up before Christmas, e.g. heating oil and the car's annual service and MOT. I'm leaning towards paying it all off the card and then using the card for the oil and servicing if, for whatever reason, I don't have the cash available, though I'd rather borrow it out of the tax and class 4 NI savings pot first, which is now standing at around £1200 and won't be needed until January 2016.

Fortunately the annexe heating is completely separate to the house, so if one cuts out, the other will (hopefully!) still be working :)
    Cwtchie wrote: »
    I have now finished reading your diary from the start, we sell on ebay, we have 5 horses and shovel muck at all hours also lol! Well done for all you have achieved I have thoroughly enjoyed the read! Good luck! :)

Hello! Wow, thank you for reading all the way through, I'm very impressed with your stamina. Please don't disappear - tell us about your eBaying and horses :)
    Morning Caz

Great news ultimately that the part didn't cost too mucha dn the guy sounds really nice who came out for you. I guess fuel included he won't be making much lol.

How are the boys? Are you getting this last wave of "summer" we've been getting here (only couple of days but we're n@ked again for a bit!)

Doing great on debt too, focus is fab. Look forward to scores tomrorow.

DF

Jeff is lovely, he's from Birmingham so he's an import, like me :D

The boys are getting somewhat podgy as I'm letting them start strip-grazing down into the winter fields to try and keep Finn's tummy happy-ish until his granules get here. Other than that, they're fine - we actually had to have fly sheets on the night before last! They're both shedding summer coat as fast as they can though, they don't get clipped and usually stay rug-less all winter.

It's been a busy day. Proofreading done, orders packed, People Per Hour profile polished, delivery unpacked and checked and invoices sent to the two customers with big orders in it. One's paid - £358 - but by credit card, so I won't get the money through until Monday. The other is for £195 and she hasn't paid yet, but she's usually pretty prompt about it. Another regular customer has just spent £160 and checked out through PayPal for once instead of paying by credit card like normal, so I currently have £276 to bank tomorrow and that'll be £470 if the other order pays overnight :)

Now, since Mr Minx is out shooting tonight, I'm going to take advantage of having the telly to myself and start Assassin's Creed IV :D:D (Finished Final Fantasy XIII last time he was away for a night!)
  • brizzledfw
    brizzledfw Posts: 7,302 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Looking forward to the scores on the doors tomorrow!

And glad you're getting some R&R :)
    MFiT-T4 Member No. 96 - 2022 is my MF goal :D
    Winter 17/18 Savings Rate Goal: 25% [October 30%] :T
    Declutter 60 items before 31.03.18 9/60 ** LSDs Target 10 for March 03/10 **AFDs 10/15 ** Sales/TCB Target 2018 £25/£500 NSDs Target 10 for March 02/10 Trying to be a Frugalista:rotfl::T
  • brizzledfw
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    PS How do you post photos on the threads? Can't seem to work it out and know you know..
    Declutter 60 items before 31.03.18 9/60 ** LSDs Target 10 for March 03/10 **AFDs 10/15 ** Sales/TCB Target 2018 £25/£500 NSDs Target 10 for March 02/10 Trying to be a Frugalista:rotfl::T
  • cazmanian_minx
    Options
    brizzledfw wrote: »
    PS How do you post photos on the threads? Can't seem to work it out and know you know..

You need to stick them online somewhere first - Facebook, Photobucket, Flickr or wherever. Photobucket and Flickr will give you the correct code for MSE (you want the one for bulletin boards which starts with IMG in square brackets, just copy and paste into your post), if it's a photo on Facebook, right click on it, choose 'Copy Link Location', then come back to your post on MSE, click the image button (looks like a couple of mountains and a sun with a yellow sky) and paste into the box that pops up. Seeemples :D (Or not!)
  • brizzledfw
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Cheers Caz, will give a go over the weekend:)
  • Cwtchie
    Cwtchie Posts: 331 Forumite
    Options
    Well...we sell parts for cars, second hand to pay for the horses (at least that's what my husband says)! 3 british warmbloods around 16.2 ish, one Arab/cob 14.2 my first horsie now well retired and my daughters retired pony 13.2, too soft to sell any of them, they are part of the family. My daughter competes regularly BD. All the talk in our house is cars, horses, cars, horses, cars....HORSES! :)
    £250 shopping, diesel and any other spends
    December 16- January 15 £345.06/250.00 -£95.06
    £2 saving a day for christmas 2017 £0/£730
    Total debt paid off before 26 December 2017 £3142.31/14,053.85 = £10911.54 left to go
  • DebtFree2012
    Options
    Sounds like my kind of house :)
    Debt - CCV £3792
    CCB £1383 (took a hit for a holiday)

Loan 1 £1787
    Loan 2 £1683
    Total £8601 Was £39302
  • cazmanian_minx
    Options
    Cwtchie wrote: »
    Well...we sell parts for cars, second hand to pay for the horses (at least that's what my husband says)! 3 british warmbloods around 16.2 ish, one Arab/cob 14.2 my first horsie now well retired and my daughters retired pony 13.2, too soft to sell any of them, they are part of the family. My daughter competes regularly BD. All the talk in our house is cars, horses, cars, horses, cars....HORSES! :)

Sounds fab :D My two are both mid to late teens and won't be going anywhere either, even if that does mean I end up with nothing to ride for a few years (not that I ride much anyway).

Here we go with some scores on the doors...

Business
    Overdraft: -£-7,940.00 / -£7,800.00 +£140.00

Business total: -£7,940.00 / -£7,800.00 +£140.00

Personal
    Nationwide card: -£2,200.00 / -£2,200.00 no change
    Halifax card: -£5,494.50 / -£5,494.50 no change

Personal total: -£7,694.50 / -£7,694.50 no change

Grand total:15,634.50 / -£15,494.50 +£140.00

Not too spectacular this week, but it does tip me over into £12,xxx paid off :D

Sales have been good overnight, £295 banked from PayPal, £358 on its way via credit card and another £422 invoiced via PayPal, so hopefully that's £780 in my bank on Monday morning.

I need to order from the charm bracelet supplier again, as I'm running low on a few things. It's going to be about $2,500 in total, so I need to look at when the payments fall due for the UK supplier and work out whether I can pay for it out of some of the money I have put aside for them. I paid them £902.18 yesterday and have another £1614.21 allocated to them in YNAB. Although the next payment isn't due until the 17th, it's for £1800.80.... Think I'll get the money for that and the £382.75 due on the 19th put by and then allocate funds to the charm bracelet supplier before diverting back to the final £676.49 needed for the UK supplier on the 25th. If I can get the charm bracelet order in next week, then it should arrive around the second or third week of October, perfectly timed for the Christmas rush.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure