Caz counts it down

Options

Comments

• cazmanian_minx
    Options
    Another full day of proofreading and I got assigned lots of nice short files, so it's been quite a lucrative day. I had an email from a customer who has some stuff on order with me (on its way from the supplier) asking if she could pay in advance so I could send it straight out (yes, of course!) and the postman brought me a cheque from the loss adjusters for the kitchen roof, so that's going straight back into the offset account (which is where I had to 'borrow' the money to pay the roofer from when it turned out his invoice wasn't 30 day terms).
  • cazmanian_minx
    Options
    Yesterday was so busy that it wasn't until I logged on just now that I realised I hadn't updated yesterday! Today's been similar, lots of proofreading, not so many orders, but my stock delivery arrived and I didn't get time to book it all on, though the stuff that's been ordered has been checked in, invoiced and paid for, so it can go out tomorrow.

I'm only booked onto one proofreading shift between now and next Thursday (Sunday night), so I've got a few clear days to get the bead shop sorted out before the Christmas rush starts.
  • cazmanian_minx
    Options
    Feels a bit weird not to be plugging straight into my headphones as soon as I sit down at the computer, but at least it means I get my scores on the doors in early today!

Business
    Overdraft: -£-8,250.00 / -£8,080.00 +£170.00

Business total: -£8,250.00 / -£8,080.00 +£170.00

Personal
    Barclaycard: -£500.00 / £0.00 +£500.00
    Nationwide card: -£2,305.00 / -£2,305.00 no change
    Halifax card: -£5,580.00 / -£5,580.00 no change

Personal total: -£8,385.00 / -£7,885.00 +£500.00

Grand total:16,635.00 / -£15,965.00 +£670.00

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

It's a quadruple whammy today - total debt into the £15,xxxs, personal debt into the £7,xxxs, amount paid off into the £11,xxxs and percentage paid off into the 4xs - happy birthday to me! (It actually is today!) :D:D:D

I originally said I wanted to pay this off by the time I was 40. I've been doing some back of an envelope calculations this morning and as long as nothing goes disastrously wrong, I am in with a fighting chance of clearing the whole £15,965 in the next 365 days.
  • LAM2011
    LAM2011 Posts: 1,432 Forumite
    PPI Party Pooper Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Happy Birthday :beer:

and well done on such a good week. you have done so well and worked so hard.

Fab news on getting rid of Barclaycard such a good feeling when one bites the dust isn't it.

Hope the boys are well x
  • dawnybabes
    dawnybabes Posts: 2,574 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    What a fantastic birthday present -woo hoo :beer: :j :beer:
    Sealed pot challenge 822

Jan - £176.66 :j
  • gallygirl
    gallygirl Posts: 17,228 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Brilliant - have some :bdaycake:to celebrate :j.
    A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort
    :) Mortgage Balance = £0 :)
    "Do what others won't early in life so you can do what others can't later in life"
  • Knit_Witch
    Knit_Witch Posts: 4,436 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Happy Birthday - have a great weekend!
    Must use my stash up!
  • mfmaybe
    mfmaybe Posts: 1,176 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Happy Birthday - great progress! Fantastic that you think you can have it all done and dusted by the big birthday.
    0% card was £1126.91 / Now £1502.37

AFD March 2/15 NSD March 2/11 :T

Other debts paid since 1/1/14: £17,005
  • groatie_queen
    Options
    Happy Birthday Caz, delighted for you that you're making such great progress.
    If you have a talent, use it in every which way possible. Don't hoard it. Don't dole it out like a miser. Spend it lavishly like a millionaire intent on going broke.

-- Brendan Francis

• cazmanian_minx
    Options
    A very nice letter from my accountant yesterday telling me that I'd overpaid on account for this tax year and I'm due a refund of £817 :D:D:D:D That'll be a nice big chunk off the Nationwide card when it comes through!

Hectic day yesterday. My mother in law is in hospital, so along with the normal weekly shopping, we had to have a treasure hunt around her house for everything she told us she wanted and then take it through to Wick for her. The coast road was closed due to an accident coming home, so we had to double back and take the Shebster road instead, adding half an hour to the journey, and then I had an hour and a half to feed the horses, walk the dog, have a shower and get ready to go back out for a friend's wedding dance. We just about made it and had a great night out - even managed not to drink too much money! We both put £40 in Mr Minx's sporran and said we'd split what was left at the end of the night 50-50, I have £27 back which really isn't bad for a Highland wedding!!

Probably won't be around tomorrow, as I have to drive my mother in law to Inverness - they want to operate on Tuesday (they think she has a gallstone stuck in her pancreas) and although they were trying to arrange an ambulance to take her down, it'll be far more comfortable for her to go down in the car, as we can have lunch somewhere and she can have a loo stop whenever she wants.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure