Caz counts it down

Options

Comments

• gallygirl
    gallygirl Posts: 17,228 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Great stuff :j
    A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort
    :) Mortgage Balance = £0 :)
    "Do what others won't early in life so you can do what others can't later in life"
  • LAM2011
    LAM2011 Posts: 1,432 Forumite
    PPI Party Pooper Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    That is fab! I hope it continues to go in the right direction :j
  • lionheartedgirl
    Options
    really chuffed for you Caz, you must be working SO hard.

I mostly lurk but have just popped in from the cold for a bit :D back soon X
  • cazmanian_minx
    Options
    It's not looking nearly as healthy today, but I'll get back there :) I've nearly got all my business bills for the month covered now, though I think I should be spending some on importing a bit more stock, as I'm running low on a few things.

The transcription agency gave me a run at some medical transcription today - 20% extra to the normal rate, thank you very much :D
  • DebtFree2012
    DebtFree2012 Posts: 3,573 Forumite
    Options
    Morning Caz

20% extra is very worth it :) Well done on seeing 2, even if it is short lived for now, it was there, you have evidence ! You're very deserving of it with working so hard.
    Debt - CCV £3792
    CCB £1383 (took a hit for a holiday)

Loan 1 £1787
    Loan 2 £1683
    Total £8601 Was £39302
  • Pippilongstocking
    Options
    Does a wee dance - all going swimmingly.

Hope you have a lovely evening with your lovely chap.

:D
    Total debt 26/4/18 <£1925 we were getting there. :beer:
    Total debt as of 28/4/19 £7867.38:eek:
    minus 112.06 = £7755.32:money:
    :money:Sleeves up folks.:money:
  • cazmanian_minx
    Options
    Good news - my transcription and proofreading invoice has been amended and its status changed to PAID :D The money hasn't hit my account yet though, fingers crossed it comes through tomorrow. Two files to proofread today and then I got pinged on Skype to see if I'd like another of those 20% extra medical files to do. Yes please :D

Mr Minx and I have had a really fabulous meal out for our wedding anniversary at the hotel we got married in. They'd reserved us a table by the window so we ate overlooking the spot in the garden where we had the ceremony and they were going to give us a free bottle of fizz but remembered that I don't drink, so comped our drinks for the evening instead, which was very kind of them. I had pea and mint soup followed by venison casserole and Mr Minx had a smoked Highland platter (which came with a dome filled with smoke, most impressive!) followed by steak. All the food they serve is either locally sourced or home grown and it was superb. We were both too full for dessert, which was probably a good thing as I haven't eaten sugar for over six weeks now and I think a slice of Orkney fudge cheesecake might have rendered me hyper for 48 hours! Mr Minx debated having a crab salad for pudding after seeing someone else's starter go past, but decided to go back in a couple of weeks when his brother is here instead :)

We did actually end up having a conversation about money over dinner. Mr Minx has been remarkably clever and got himself a performance-based payrise of 0.2% more than the company said would be the maximum for anyone this year. Together with the company-wide raise, that gives him close to 4% increase this year, I'm incredibly proud of him :) He mentioned that he's paying £1300 a month off his cards at the moment and they're going down rapidly. I'm paying £665 a month off mine and so we had a happy half hour of thinking about how amazing life is going to be when that money is available for other things - I think it's spurred us both on a bit to ditch the cards ASAP.
  • Knit_Witch
    Knit_Witch Posts: 4,436 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Yay to anniversary meals, pay rises, more transcript work and the cards getting ditched!
    Must use my stash up!
  • Pippilongstocking
    Options
    Sounds like a great evening.

Many happy more.

:D
    Total debt 26/4/18 <£1925 we were getting there. :beer:
    Total debt as of 28/4/19 £7867.38:eek:
    minus 112.06 = £7755.32:money:
    :money:Sleeves up folks.:money:
  • dawnybabes
    dawnybabes Posts: 2,570 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Sounds fantastic, it's so good when you are singing from the same sheet :-)
    Sealed pot challenge 822

Jan - £176.66 :j
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family