Natwest Technical Issues

Options

Comments

• Nhuni
    Nhuni Posts: 15 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Browntoa wrote: »
    one account home page now says they are "aware of double entries but please be assured that the money has only been taken once"

pinch of salt comes to mind , not convinced

also getting no descriptions on some transactions as above

I called One Account last Saturday, as I was annoyed that no news had been given to One Account customers on our own home page about the problem.
    Our salaries which should have shown on 22nd, were credited 5 days late, and I sent a message saying I wanted to claim for the phone calls, lost interest and inconvenience. (I was due a "pay in full" direct debit to my credit card on 22nd and was trying to avoid my first ever late charge and credit marker, as well as a full month's interest on nearly £1000 monthly spend). This had me chasing my CC company, to see if they'd received the DD or not, as it was too early to see on their online site too. All the One Account could suggest last week was for me to make a duplicate telephone card payment...of £1000!!!:eek:
    As it happenned, the DD HAD been paid, on 22nd.

I had a call back from One Account Customer Care this week, who apologised and admitted that they were at fault for not informing One Account customers of the problem until approx a week later, and for not giving us any updates.
    They also agreed without hesitation to pay me an adequate sum to cover calls, my time and lost interest, as a credit to our account.
    I got the impression that the onus is on the individual customer to request any sort of compensation, and each case will be reviewed seperately. There doesn't seem to be any automatic refund of interest forthcoming, as One Account said they won't be sure whether interest has been charged daily on the "missing" credits or not, until they run some sort of report.
  • melbell
    melbell Posts: 488 Forumite
    Options
    NAR wrote: »
    Unless they offer me compensation they will be losing my wife and I as customers. I have been a customer for 42 years, so I will see what loyalty brings me.
    The door hopefully.
  • metalstardust
    Options
    I work in IT.

I can tell you if transactions are being posted twice then they have totally lost control of their batch processing.
    It will take them weeks if not months to resolve all the issues.

And if you believe the papers and it was an off shore resource.
    Off shore person gets paid 20% of the salary of a UK worker.

Was it really worth it. Did you really save money RBS.
    How many years to get the money back you have lost. What about the damage to your reputation.
  • melbell
    melbell Posts: 488 Forumite
    Options
    Just an update was told that my cheque (which shows a debit on my account rather than a credit and has wiped all available funds) would be sorted by today.

Have been told they are working on clearing the backlog and it should be resolved by Tuesday- am doubtful.

Have cancelled all my direct debits for this month and told them I would pay them directly as soon as funds clear. All the companies I have spoken to very, my gym, credit card, pet insurance etc have been extremely understanding.
    x

You know Very may charge you upto £39. £15 for a dishonoured Direct Debit and £12 missed minimum payment/late fee and £12 as they'll call you to tell you. TCU won't play ball for the "Natwest" reason as its considered sorted.

Just a heads up.
  • Mandelbrot
    Mandelbrot Posts: 9,139 Forumite
    Rampant Recycler
    Options
    I can tell you if transactions are being posted twice then they have totally lost control of their batch processing.

C'mon, be fair. ;)
    Totally lost control? :think:
    Surely mostly lost control would be better. :(

Though that does pre-suppose they had control in the first place. :whistle:
  • falko89
    falko89 Posts: 1,687 Forumite
    Options
    I went in today with 2 wage slips and they let me clear my account, including tax credits etc I walked away with over £800 in my pocket, so off to another bank I go.
  • iltisman
    iltisman Posts: 2,589 Forumite
    Options
    Lost reputation can take a long time to recover from. I still don't eat corned beef after the 1960s Typhoid scare.
  • Bristol_Bloke
    Options
    All my Direct Debits are showing as cleared (which I'm glad of) Except the one for a monthly payment for an existing Nat West Loan. The loan has had the monthly interest applied, but as I say, no payment credited.

Has anyone else had this? I'll be in the branch on Monday I think....
  • doelani
    doelani Posts: 2,576 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    falko89 wrote: »
    I went in today with 2 wage slips and they let me clear my account, including tax credits etc I walked away with over £800 in my pocket, so off to another bank I go.

We did the same, payslips for 2 weeks and took everything except the money to cover the direct debits that Ulster Bank keep saying have been paid and money we had advanced on monday . We have already opened accounts with another bank but will not have cards etc for about 10 days so wages for this week will be going to Ulster but will be there on friday to once again clear it out.
    TOTAL 44 weeks lose. 6st 9.5lb :T
  • jimmyay
    jimmyay Posts: 117 Forumite
    Options
    Despite the media quietening down about this problem and Natwest's PR department doing their best to portray this problem as in the past, it isnt. The whole system is a shambles . I hope this gets more media coverage. I want my money back!
    :j
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport