Natwest Technical Issues

Options

Comments

• alanq
    alanq Posts: 4,216 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Faster payment in today was near instant for me. Phew!
  • m111
    m111 Posts: 2 Newbie
    Options
    My payments still missing, deposited via cash deposit machine on monday still no sign of it...
  • harveysnana
    Options
    My account is with Natwest. I deposited cash on monday in the cdm. It was there Monday evening and Tuesday morning but by tues lunchtime it had vanished!
    I have been into the branch every day and they still can't tell me where its gone.

My employer banks with the same branch and wages went in ok yesterday but as of this morning still no sign of the cash deposit.

Ok, I've got wages in there but, its my money that is floating around out there and I won't be happy till I can see it back in my account.

By the time next week comes I will be needing it for bills

All I got from my branch was....well you have your reciepts so you'll get it back! It shouldnt have vanished in the first place.

I know I'm a lot better off than some folks but its still not on...and....i keep thinking ok my wages are there but are they gonna stay there lol
    Xxx
  • holyroller
    holyroller Posts: 19 Forumite
    Options
    My account is with Natwest. I deposited cash on monday in the cdm. It was there Monday evening and Tuesday morning but by tues lunchtime it had vanished!
    I have been into the branch every day and they still can't tell me where its gone.

My employer banks with the same branch and wages went in ok yesterday but as of this morning still no sign of the cash deposit.

Ok, I've got wages in there but, its my money that is floating around out there and I won't be happy till I can see it back in my account.

By the time next week comes I will be needing it for bills

All I got from my branch was....well you have your reciepts so you'll get it back! It shouldnt have vanished in the first place.

I know I'm a lot better off than some folks but its still not on...and....i keep thinking ok my wages are there but are they gonna stay there lol
    Xxx

I had the same issue with Cash which I deposited a week ago on friday so I had enough money to pay my rent. On monday the cash was there and me rent went out. Tuesday the cash was returned and they bounced my rent standing order.

Friday now and the cash and my pay hasn't appeared in my account. Currently I am missing just under £2000.
  • clogger
    clogger Posts: 59 Forumite
    Options
    deposited cheque by cdm on sat 23rd and nothing has gone into my account two visits to the bank I have been fobbed off account out of action for a week effectively, been with them since 1978 expect to be with them till my money turns up and no longer.
  • beaujolais-nouveau
    Options
    I am really worried as I have all my direct debits scheduled for next Tuesday and the size of my overdraft now is making me feel sick. Has anyone else had problems with cheques?
    What would you guys suggest to do?

If I had had the experience you have described here, I would prepare for the worst - ie no funds to meet the DDs next Tuesday. When DDs are rejected, both sides charge you for it. So - and this is just what I would do - I would cancel all the DDs via my Internet banking, thus saving myself half the rejected DD charges. Then contact all the people/companies who should have been paid by DD telling them what I had done and saying that I would (a) pay them another way even if they find their DDs requests rejected and (b) reinstate the DDs when I had moved my account to an unaffected bank. Say to them that this is what they would do, if they were in your place, isn't it.

I am not suggesting that you ask the DD recipients to cancel the DD but every case is different: some will adjust the debt - you need to ask them what works best for them and you, to get around the NatWest disaster. You are not trying to avoid payment, just to reduce your exposure to what has happened. That you have a right to do.

This NatWest/RBS/Coutts/UlsterBank thing has gone on far too long. You have a right to expect the bank to keep your money safe - not show you it is there and then make it disappear - and to let you have it when you want it.

No way was this a software upgrade that went wrong. Sorry, I just don't find that credible any more. A software upgrade at a bank (a) is usually done at the weekend, for obvious reasons, not mid-week; and (b) has a planned "disaster recovery" procedure in place, eg a full back-up of everything taken immediately prior to the upgrade. For all I know, NatWest is still being raided.

But that doesn't mean that the other banks are safe. They may be no more secure than NatWest etc. Everyone has to factor that into their planning now.
    YouGov: £50 and £50 and £5 Amazon voucher received;
    PPI successfully reclaimed: £7,575.32 (Lloyds TSB plc); £3,803.52 (Egg card); £3,109.88 (Egg loans)
  • fluffig
    fluffig Posts: 433 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I agree, the Natwest helpline wasn't very helpful to me either.

But if you ring Natwest complaints department instead and ask for a complaint to be logged, the call handler goes into your account records and can see a scan of the cheque paid in (but missing currently from your account) on their screen. Assuming they can see it, say to resolve your complaint you would like them to make a temporary immediate credit to your account of that cheque amount, and then remove that temporary credit when the real credit (eventually) shows up. The call handler has to check with their supervisor to do that.
    This is a long one so bear with me,but I really need some advice, as I'm freaking out. I thought I had dodged the natwest "glitch", as I paid £60.00 in cash and managed to use it to buy some food shopping on Monday (thankfully!) At the same time on Monday (after 3.30pm)

I paid in a cheque, which I do every month (from the same nationwide account). It hadn't shown on my account on Weds, so I rang them up and they said it would technically be seen as being paid in on Tues as it was after 3.30. Fair enough I thought.

Then today (thursday) when I logged onto my online banking it has shown as a UIC and they have taken the full amount from my bank and it has wiped out all my available funds, so I'm left in the minuses with 0 available.

I rang natwest and was fobbed off for an over an hour, firstly they said I had spent it (impossible it never showed on my account) and only denied this when I pointed out to them I had tried to make a payment to very.com last night (when I was meant to have blown all this money in a few hours) and it was declined.

They then backtracked and said the cheque bounced, I had checked with the nationwide account and the funds were available, as they are every month.

Natwest then said the fraud team might be looking into it, this is crazy as the same cheque has gone into my account for the same amount every month on the same date for over 2 years now.

After an hour and being left hanging as the advisor went to his supervisor to get some new excuse, they admitted it may have something to do with the computer problems.

However I got no apology, nothing. I was just fobbed off and lied to for over an hour and told to go into the branch tomorrow and access emergency funds.

I am really worried as I have all my direct debits scheduled for next Tuesday and the size of my overdraft now is making me feel sick. Has anyone else had problems with cheques?
    What would you guys suggest to do?

Thanks x
  • Dr_Cuckoo3
    Dr_Cuckoo3 Posts: 1,398 Forumite
    Options
    This NatWest/RBS/Coutts/UlsterBank thing has gone on far too long. You have a right to expect the bank to keep your money safe - not show you it is there and then make it disappear - and to let you have it when you want it.

No way was this a software upgrade that went wrong. Sorry, I just don't find that credible any more. A software upgrade at a bank (a) is usually done at the weekend, for obvious reasons, not mid-week;

I don't think that you have an account with NatWest/RBS/Ulster and Coutts have not been affected by the technical problems as far as I am aware

And there was a scheduled change to the internet banking interface midweek , as was advised by a message displayed after logging on to internet banking beforehand - the change related to the page stating when lasted logged on being removed and the account balances being displayed immediately after logging in
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
  • m111
    m111 Posts: 2 Newbie
    Options
    I thought Natwest said 99% of customers accounts were running fine now? missing payments from monday and now wage showed up only to disappear by afternoon.. fed up.. now.Natwest just fobbing off and using delaying tactics.Cant give timescales either
  • falko89
    falko89 Posts: 1,687 Forumite
    Options
    m111 wrote: »
    I thought Natwest said 99% of customers accounts were running fine now? missing payments from monday and now wage showed up only to disappear by afternoon.. fed up.. now.Natwest just fobbing off and using delaying tactics.Cant give timescales either

You wanna try Ulsterbank.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport