We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Cash ISAs: The Best Currently Available List

Options

Comments

• Angelica123
    Angelica123 Posts: 213 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    jase.2 said:
    With interest rates being talked down I wondered what sort of length of time are people fixing isa’s at ?

I’ve got a Coventry 5% + instant access but not sure what sort of length of fix to move it to 
    You could hedge your bets and open 1 year, 2 year and 5 year fixes given the new ISA rules. You could also consider fixes which allow you to contribute to that ISA throughout its term such as Shawbrook. 
  • jase.2
    jase.2 Posts: 65 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    jase.2 said:
    With interest rates being talked down I wondered what sort of length of time are people fixing isa’s at ?

I’ve got a Coventry 5% + instant access but not sure what sort of length of fix to move it to 
    You could hedge your bets and open 1 year, 2 year and 5 year fixes given the new ISA rules. You could also consider fixes which allow you to contribute to that ISA throughout its term such as Shawbrook. 
    New rules being you can pay in to more than one cash isa up to the same £20k yeah?

I thought shawbrook only allowed that if the product was still available?

although I’d be signing up for less interest at the moment by fixing it I doubt the less will last long esp on one and two year fix as that Coventry 5% will be under 4.5% by the one of the year I’d expect 
  • surreysaver
    surreysaver Posts: 4,160 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    jase.2 said:
    jase.2 said:

New rules being you can pay in to more than one cash isa up to the same £20k yeah?

I thought shawbrook only allowed that if the product was still available?

although I’d be signing up for less interest at the moment by fixing it I doubt the less will last long esp on one and two year fix as that Coventry 5% will be under 4.5% by the one of the year I’d expect 
    Doesn't have to be with the same provider. All providers allow it, unless their T&Cs specifically prohibit it
    I consider myself to be a male feminist. Is that allowed?
  • doodlector
    doodlector Posts: 39 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 23 May at 2:00PM
    Options
    10_66 said:
    Trading 212 Cash ISA is now open.
    5.2%
    Variable
    Flexible
    Interest paid daily

https://www.trading212.com/isa?cash-isa=

The other issue is that I'm trying to arrange a transfer in from YBS, and they'll only permit sort code and account number, and the last time I used those (to somewhere else), the transfer in failed until I used the roll number instead.  Not very promising start, as I can't get any sense out of CS.
    For info.  I just completed a cash ISA transfer from Skipton to Trading 212.  Skipton has the same issue of a common account number/sort code then needing the roll number.  As you say, Trading 212 transfer form is not setup to handle this.

I just entered the roll number as the account number and then used the generic sort code.  Technically wrong but it was enough info for them to complete the transfer.  Probably more due to Skipton being sensible with the received info than anything Trading 212 did though!   

Oh, and the transfer completed in 48hrs.

• 10_66
    10_66 Posts: 3,306 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    10_66 said:
    Trading 212 Cash ISA is now open.
    5.2%
    Variable
    Flexible
    Interest paid daily

https://www.trading212.com/isa?cash-isa=

The other issue is that I'm trying to arrange a transfer in from YBS, and they'll only permit sort code and account number, and the last time I used those (to somewhere else), the transfer in failed until I used the roll number instead.  Not very promising start, as I can't get any sense out of CS.
    For info.  I just completed a cash ISA transfer from Skipton to Trading 212.  Skipton has the same issue of a common account number/sort code then needing the roll number.  As you say, Trading 212 transfer form is not setup to handle this.

I just entered the roll number as the account number and then used the generic sort code.  Technically wrong but it was enough info for them to complete the transfer.  Probably more due to Skipton being sensible with the received info than anything Trading 212 did though!   

Thanks doodlector, as I've still not had any feedback from Trading 212, I think I'll have a go doing that, hopefully YBS will be as sensible as Skipton!
  • PParka
    PParka Posts: 265 Forumite
    Name Dropper Academoney Grad First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    10_66 said:

Thanks doodlector, as I've still not had any feedback from Trading 212, I think I'll have a go doing that, hopefully YBS will be as sensible as Skipton!
    I had the same issue with Paragon as they don't use sort codes.
    Trading 212 said to use 00-00-00 
  • CuparLad
    CuparLad Posts: 66 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper
    edited 24 May at 2:54PM
    Options
    For ISA Transfers out of Paragon, you can quote their Bank Account details:
    And then your Reference Number. This worked first time for me for a recent BACS ISA transfer out of Paragon to Close Brothers.
  • slinger2
    slinger2 Posts: 251 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    CuparLad said:
    And then your Reference Number. This worked first time for me for a recent BACS ISA transfer out of Paragon to Close Brothers.
    "And then your Reference Number"? The issue is that there's nowhere to put your reference number.
  • refluxer
    refluxer Posts: 2,751 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    edited 24 May at 3:38PM
    Options
    slinger2 said:
    CuparLad said:
    "And then your Reference Number"? The issue is that there's nowhere to put your reference number.
    When transferring an ISA from banks who use non-standard account/reference numbers (ie. not the usual 8 digits), I always put that reference info in the 'roll number' field of the transfer form. This hasn't failed me yet and that includes transferring out from a Paragon ISA.

Obviously if a transfer form doesn't include a 'roll number' field then that would be an issue but, thankfully, the majority do.
  • friolento
    friolento Posts: 1,333 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    refluxer said:
    slinger2 said:
    CuparLad said:
    When transferring an ISA from banks who use non-standard account/reference numbers (ie. not the usual 8 digits), I always put that reference info in the 'roll number' field of the transfer form. This hasn't failed me yet and that includes transferring out from a Paragon ISA.

Obviously if a transfer form doesn't include a 'roll number' field then that would be an issue but, thankfully, the majority do.
    There isn’t a Roll Number field on the T212 request form. They do allow a longer than 8 digit number in the account number field, however, and that works fine. As others have said, use a random sort code if your ISA doesn’t have a sort code. 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure