Cash ISAs: The Best Currently Available List

Options

Comments

• Kazza242
    Kazza242 Posts: 2,169 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    mleonard79 wrote: »
    Ok so now the new rates from the BOE rise have filtered through I'm trying to decide where my brother should transfer to. It looks like Kent Reliance is his best bet for the best rate but they don't have a rate guarantee - are they normally pretty good at passing on rate increases? The only other option I can see is going for the Abbey 5.75% rate as it does have a guarantee but it is a little lower. Thanks for any advice.

Kent Reliance are very good at passing on rate increases. They have passed on all of the last four BOE base rate increases in full (Aug '06, Nov '06, Jan '07 and May '07). Their rate has also been very consistent and competive over the years, despite them not having a rate guarantee. If I had to choose between ISAs from Kent Reliance or Abbey, I would definitely choose Kent Reliance. Abbey's rate is very competitive at the moment, but it will fall by 0.50% from next May.
    Please call me 'Kazza'.
  • obsessed_saver
    Options
    Kazza, thanks for maintaining this list. It's much appreciated! :)
  • mleonard79
    mleonard79 Posts: 1,616 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Kazza242 wrote: »
    Kent Reliance are very good at passing on rate increases. They have passed on all of the last four BOE base rate increases in full (Aug '06, Nov '06, Jan '07 and May '07). Their rate has also been very consistent and competive over the years, despite them not having a rate guarantee. If I had to choose between ISAs from Kent Reliance or Abbey, I would definitely choose Kent Reliance. Abbey's rate is very competitive at the moment, but it will fall by 0.50% from next May.

Hi Kazza,

Thanks a lot for that - I had a feeling that might be the case but it's always good to get some confirmation! Kent Reliance it is then :beer:

Regards

Michelle
    :hello: :hello: :hello:
  • raemon
    raemon Posts: 53 Forumite
    Options
    I wouldn't, it sounds like he's spinning you a line. You can put in £3k a year but the interest will push it above that and most accounts will let you leave it in there, not make you siphon it off. Methinks he is after extra commission.

What are the reasons you have chosen NatWest? Do they have a good interest rate? Personally I'd recommend NS&I or Egg. But if you're hell bent on NatWest, then I'd try opening it online or with a different bank employee.

Suze

hello suze

thanks for the advice i haven't opened the account now with natwest because i think u are right, i forgot to ask him if the interest gets compounded.. to answer your question about why i chose natwest?? it is because i wanted a local branch where if problems occur i can go in and speak to somebody direct, and natwest had the best interest offur for a isa.
    i dont know what to do now i really want to set up my financial fountain soon, any advice please??

thank you for your time
  • dancingfairy
    dancingfairy Posts: 9,069 Forumite
    Options
    Have you got a Skipton / (5.75%) ?
    Nationwide 5.3% ?

With the natwest one you shouldn't have to open this other rubbish account. I would ask him to show you in the terms and conditions it says you have to have it. If they insist take your money elsewhere. Definitely seems to be trying it on for more commision.

Good Luck
    Making my money go further with MSE :j
    How much can I save in 2012 challenge
    75/1200 :eek:
  • raemon
    Options
    thank you dancingfairy

i haven't got skipton, but do have nationwide.

has anybody else got a isa with a local branch, but doesn't have the complications??
  • Actybod
    Options
    NSI Direct cash ISA

enough said
  • raemon
    Options
    actybod

whats a NSI i cant find one anywhere??
  • fbrj
    fbrj Posts: 376 Forumite
    Options
    raemon wrote: »

whats a NSI i cant find one anywhere??

Try item 1 post No 1 :)
  • foolsgold99
    foolsgold99 Posts: 408 Forumite
    Options
    Hi,
    is iy true that there is to be another BOE base rate change tomorrow (07/06/07)? If so does anyone know if it's likely to go up? :j
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback