• Gordon_the_Moron
    Gordon_the_Moron Posts: 1,472 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Mr_Mumble wrote: »
    Superb work Kazza. :T

For those looking for a longer term perhaps this 4 year deal:
      Halifax Fixed Rate ISA Saver - 6.00%
      Minimum deposit: £3,000. Max £33,000. Transfers in requests accepted. Earlier access on closure only on 30 day notice + 180 day loss of interest.

I really would not advise doing that, I can't see interest rates dropping any time soon (and I think they will rise further) so that rate being fixed will become less and less competitive and it will cost you money to get it out.

Da Moron
      If you don't like what I say slap me around with a large trout and PM me to tell me why.

If you do like it please hit the thanks button.
    • lisyloo
      lisyloo Posts: 29,624 Forumite
      Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
      Options
      If so does anyone know if it's likely to go up?

Well no-one knows but I think the concensus is for no change tomorrow.
      I expect there to be further rises this year though.
    • **woody123**
      **woody123** Posts: 598 Forumite
      First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
      Options
      Hi,

I'm after some advice please..

In the next couple of days i want to get myself a mini-cash isa... It's the first time i've ever had one..

First of all i've got £750 to put in and then i want to make payments of £250 a month starting from the end of july until the end of march, i know at some point to reach £3000 i'm going to have to pay a bit more in one month.

In my opinion the egg isa seems the best one for me but i've also looked at the marks and spencer 2 year fixed one also.... Could someone advise me on which they think would be the best one for me please.

Also does anyone charge if you want to transfer out of them after the 1st year..
    • Kazza242
      Kazza242 Posts: 2,169 Forumite
      Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
      Options
      In the next couple of days i want to get myself a mini-cash isa... It's the first time i've ever had one..

First of all i've got £750 to put in and then i want to make payments of £250 a month starting from the end of july until the end of march, i know at some point to reach £3000 i'm going to have to pay a bit more in one month.

In my opinion the egg isa seems the best one for me but i've also looked at the marks and spencer 2 year fixed one also.... Could someone advise me on which they think would be the best one for me please.

Also does anyone charge if you want to transfer out of them after the 1st year..

Hi woody123,

I don't think the M&S fixed rate ISA would be the best one for you as you intend to build up to a lump sum. Fixed rate ISAs tend to be aimed at savers who have a lump sum at the outset. They don't tend to allow savers to top up their ISA allowance after the initial deposit.

The Egg ISA is a good one, but it doesn't have a rate guarantee and it doesn't guarantee to increase it's rate when BOE base rate increases. It might be a better option to continue saving up to £1,000 and then go for the NS&I ISA end of July. It guarantees to pay BOE base rate + 0.55% until April 5th 2008. If BOE base rate increases next month, as many economists have predicted, NS&I will increase their rate to 6.30%.
      Please call me 'Kazza'.
    • raider
      raider Posts: 183 Forumite
      First Anniversary Combo Breaker
      Options
      KazzaWith reference to the Bradford & Bingley eISA - 5.80%Judging by an update on the B&B site yesterday, seems like this ISA may no longer available.http://www.bradford-bingley.co.uk/savings/index.asp
    • Kazza242
      Kazza242 Posts: 2,169 Forumite
      Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
      Options
      raider wrote: »
      KazzaWith reference to the Bradford & Bingley eISA - 5.80%Judging by an update on the B&B site yesterday, seems like this ISA may no longer available.http://www.bradford-bingley.co.uk/savings/index.asp

Thanks raider. I agree that they must have removed it from their website yesterday when they added details of their new eSavings 4 account. The eISA was on their website last weekend when I did my usual update to the list. I expect that they've removed it because of the expected BOE base rate rise next month. The eISA rate could rise to 6.05%.

I've updated the list.
      Please call me 'Kazza'.
    • dancingfairy
      dancingfairy Posts: 9,069 Forumite
      Options
      Hi Kazza. Just to let you know the adviser in Bradford and Bingley seemd to think the fixed rate ISA (6.15%) would be withdrawn as it had been so popular- she seemed to think it would be gone by Saturday?
      Making my money go further with MSE :j
      How much can I save in 2012 challenge
      75/1200 :eek:
    • the_gooner
      Options
      Hi

I'm currently looking at moving my ISA from HSBC (currently 5.00% AER) into another, more profitable one.

Could someone please tell me what the benefits are of having interest paid annualy as against being paid monthly?

Many Thanks
    Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
    • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
    • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
    • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
    • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
    • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
    • 173.2K Life & Family
    • 248.1K Travel & Transport
    • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure