Cash ISAs: The Best Currently Available List

Options

Comments

• Kazza242
    Kazza242 Posts: 2,169 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    The first post of this thread has been updated.

There have been some new fixed rate ISA additions. Leeds Building Society will be offering 2, 3 and 5 year fixed rate ISAs (w.e.f. 20/03/09), paying 3.15%, 3.25% and 3.50% respectively.

Halifax will also be offering new fixed rate ISAs. The 1 and 2 year offerings will be paying 3.10%. While 3.20% will be paid on the 3 year ISA and 3.35% will continue to be paid on the 4 year. These are available from 20/03/09.

National Counties Building Society has launched two fixed rate ISAs, offering a one and 3 year term. They pay both 3.00%, but are resticted to existing customers only.

A new section for 5 year fixes has been added to the thread.

The next update will be at the weekend.
    Please call me 'Kazza'.
  • MarkyMarkD
    MarkyMarkD Posts: 9,912 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I too was looking at the Natwest e-Isa @3.51%AER. Its 3.25%AER with a balance of £1-9999, after £10,000 its 3.51%. I've just been on the phone to natwest and asked if their rate would fall within the next month, unfortunately they could not tell me has they don't have information regarding a fall.

I am presuming that the rate will fall, but even if it does your still getting a good rate especially if you have over ten grand...which is not actually a bad account.
    Why do you have the mistaken belief that the rate could only fall by 0.50%?

Nat West can reduce the rate at any time, to anything they like.

That is the nature of a variable rate.
  • 10_66
    10_66 Posts: 3,272 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I rang B&B today as I've got a maturing fixed rate ISA with them, and was told that the current 2.80% 1 year fixed rate is being withdrawn and replaced by 3% on Monday.
  • markcliff4d
    Options
    I have tried to open an NatWest e-ISA over the past few weeks, transfering an ISA from Barclays. When you apply on line they ask you to open a savings account first with NatWest which I did, e-savings and I downloaded the forms having filled them in on line and took them to my local NatWest. I have just had the forms returned to me asking me to open a savings account, they have even written in pen on the top of my application form the sort code and account number for the savings account. I have contacted NatWest several times today and just get the bums rush from them.
    Shall I just leave it where it is and close the e-savings account.
    Must say I have an account with the Indian Bank ICICI and never had any problems with them at all.:eek: :eek:
  • obsessed_saver
    Options
    maybe you need to put in £1 to "fully" open the e-savings account?
  • Just_landed
    Options
    Hi I to want to open an ISA with Natwest as well. I have just filled in the form for their savings account, which you must open first, it says you have to have that up and running before you can apply for an ISA. At the end of the form filling it said I should recieve the paperwork within 28 days, fill it in and send it back to them. Then I/ we can then apply for their ISA. I hope this helps.:) I like the poster above says maybe you have to pay a £1.00 into your savings account to activate it.
  • owitemisermusa
    Options
    One last time, I would like to ask if I've missed something with regards to the First Direct ISA (fixed at 3.10% for a year). For an existing customer, this should be a good account to transfer an old ISA into, right? Since no-one's talking about it (especially pple with FD bank accounts), I was wondering if I've missed something MAJOR!

Paranoia!!!

Thanks for any tip-offs or reassurance.
    Tough times never last longer than tough people.
  • Milarky
    Milarky Posts: 6,356 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    One last time, I would like to ask if I've missed something with regards to the First Direct ISA (fixed at 3.10% for a year). For an existing customer, this should be a good account to transfer an old ISA into, right? Since no-one's talking about it (especially pple with FD bank accounts), I was wondering if I've missed something MAJOR!

Paranoia!!!

Thanks for any tip-offs or reassurance.
    As long as the ISA come from outside First Direct, yes. If you have an existing First Direct ISA you'd need to transfer to another provider (eg Halifax) and back again.
    .....under construction.... COVID is a [discontinued] scam
  • Milarky
    Milarky Posts: 6,356 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Just spotted this - out next week..

http://www.principality.co.uk/default.aspx?page=1147
    Principality BS

REGULAR SAVER ISA will be launched w.e.f. 6.4.09: an fixed rate regular savings cash ISA with a minimum monthly payment of £20 (maximum £300) paying 5.00% on maturity

https://www.emoneyfacts.co.uk/news/news-search.aspx?newsarticleid=184488
    .....under construction.... COVID is a [discontinued] scam
  • MarkyMarkD
    MarkyMarkD Posts: 9,912 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Interesting product - thanks Milarky.

Disappointing to see the supposed experts at Moneyfacts repeating the nonsense line that "it must be remembered that it will not be until the end of the term that the full benefits of the rate will be realised". Er - no. You get the 5% on every penny in the account, for every day it's in the account. What more would anyone expect?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback