We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
Cash ISAs: The Best Currently Available List
Comments
-
yes they do, I can't recall the wording as I went for immediately option but yes the option to ask to wait for your isa to mature is an option also
If you want to be rich, never, ever have kids
0 -
when I did this on Monday, there were 3 options - transfer (immediately or at end of current term), new money or both - I choose both… transferred a Monument ISA now and committed to at least £1 deposit - paid £1 in on Wednesday and logging in this morning, both the £1 new money and transferred Monument balance are showing in the account. 👍️
3 -
If somebody chooses to have their ISA interest paid away, then that sum loses its ISA status when reinvested. I don't see how you assume it's taxable when it's actually come from an ISA. I don't remember any such stipulation when declaring interest on my self assessment return.
1 -
So did Shawbrook. I transferred in a few times during the the term and don't seem to allow it now.
3 -
Is that not against their own t&cs:
If the product is withdrawn, you can continue to put more money into your account until the expiry of the fixed term.
https://www.shawbrook.co.uk/media/zmtes01d/5-year-fixed-rate-cash-isa-67.pdf
Edit: sorry this is for new contributions, not for transfers in:
Transfer requests received after your initial account application may be refused
1 -
Shawbrook Fixed ISA "Transfer requests received after your initial account application may be refused."
I opened one a year ago, at the time where they had already stopped accepting transfers from other providers later in the life of the account.
I wasn't able to start a transfer in when applying to Shawbrook, but when messaging them, they would accept a transfer in request "within first 14 days from its account opening date." Which seemed very reasonable.
0 -
Shawbrook 5 year 5.25 fix
Can anyone confirm you can add further deposits throughout the 5yr term, I can only find this in the T&C's which reads like you can but only into a matured ISA.
The Cash ISA Matured Funds account is subject to the following conditions:
◼ Withdrawals can be made without giving prior notice.
◼ You may transfer out the whole or part of your balance (if your account matures within the same tax year as your deposits
were made you will have to transfer out the whole balance for that specific tax year).
◼ You can make additional deposits into the account up to the maximum annual allowable subscription amount for the applicable
tax year.
◼If you want to be rich, never, ever have kids
0 -
Looks like West Brom have pulled their 18 month 5.05% fixed rate ISA. No longer listed on their ISA page.
Update: the 3 year ISA has gone too. You now have to fix for 5 years to get over 5% with them.
2 -
The link someone posted above for the in-depth T&Cs suggest that it should be possible, with new money in each tax year, at least?
https://www.shawbrook.co.uk/media/zmtes01d/5-year-fixed-rate-cash-isa-67.pdf
If the product is withdrawn, you can continue to put more money into your account until the expiry of the fixed term.2 -
Re: Shawbrook Fixes for new tax years' money, I messaged them early this am. Asking if the 'must fund in 90 days' so they don't close it means they no longer accept new money (not transfers in) during the life of the account ("as is the case with my current 5 year fix.")
When refluxer posted that term, I added a PS to my (then unanswered) message quoting that line (which I'd seen before but forgotten about,) saying that appears to state they hadn't changed the policy on new money.
Their reply 'Thank you for your update. It’s great to hear that you found the information you were looking for in the Terms section."
Re: generous 90 days opening deposit duration, I've opened Shawbrook ISAs that I haven't gone on to fund, and while I didn't count the days, they stuck around in online banking for what seemed a long time.
2
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards

