Forum Home» Old Style MoneySaving

July 2012 Grocery Challenge - Page 84

New Post Advanced Search
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

July 2012 Grocery Challenge

edited 4 June 2012 at 12:30PM in Old Style MoneySaving
1.4K replies 126.6K views

Replies

• MrsCDMrsCD Forumite
    943 posts
    Ninth Anniversary 500 Posts Name Dropper Xmas Saver!
    ✭✭✭
    mummyyof5 wrote: »
    spent £9....pleased with that as included 18 toilet rolls...should last 2 weeks hopefully x

If you squash the toilet rolls so they don't run away when you pull them, they'll last longer ;)

NSD today :)
    #8 Saving for Christmas 2021
  • rosiebenrosieben Forumite
    5K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    jumblejack, I've added your Nasturtium and Lettuce Soup to the recipe index :)
    ... don't throw the string away. You always need string! :D

C.R.A.P.R.O.L.L.Z Head Sharpener
  • mummyyof5mummyyof5 Forumite
    1.8K posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    Lol thanks MrsCD already do that ..think its more to do with there being 8 of us in the house xx
    Feeding 6 Adults 1 Teen a 8 year old with hollow legs and a very fussy 5 year old. Also 3 cats and 3 fishies
    To include all Food,Toiletries and Petfood.
  • fuddlefuddle
    6.8K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    My budget refreshes on Friday as DH is paid. I have overshot this months slightly, but that is ok as building my store cupboard.

I have just submitted my shopping order for delivery on Friday. I've shopped staples for the month. and used £82 out of my £200 budget.
  • jasmin10jasmin10 Forumite
    905 posts
    Another NSD yesterday (10th). Kept to meal plan to the letter so really pleased. Little disappointed that I ran out of bread flour so had to get a few slices out of the emergency bought bread from freezer.

Shopping day Wednesday, gosh how sad am I, I am sooo looking forward to it :) it's the only time I get out these day, avoids me spending.

Done my meal plans for the week, written my list with the cost of the cheapest place next to the item. So going to ald! First (squash is only 95p, as opposed to other sm's at £1.35 odd. Then Mr Ms and then Mr T's.

Have a good day all.
    TopCashback £1792.63
    My Little World
  • Well eventually found some desert wine (we won't drink) and some bubble bath for school.HM minestrone last night eaten up by everyone, from a few veggies going off 2 rashers of bacon and a handful of pasta :)
    GC July 345/325Aug GC 297.50/300:money: GC Sept £251/300
    GC Oct 235/275 Nov GC £72/250
    NSD 5/30:D
    My month runs 22nd -22nd:cool:
  • Morning everyone

Budgets done to here - thank you for the replies :]]

Hoping for no rain today as I have a little job doing a neighbours gardening and I need to cut their grass!!

Have a good day everyone

Helen x

PS - Happy Birthday to Welsh Poppy, I know it was the other day but wanted to say it anyway :]]
    Projects made for craft fair - 40 :)
    1st fair on 13/4/14 :j
  • SoworriedSoworried Forumite
    2.4K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    A small spend of £6.48 yesterday in MrS. Basics breakfast juice, half price mayonaise. YS cheeries x2 punnets. YS croissants, milk and crisps.
    I have updated my signature.

HM pizza for dinner tonight and should be a no spend day unless I go to Mr M for the £1.80 blocks of cheese.
    I hope everyone is well and has a low or no spend day x
    £36/£240
    £5522
    One step must start each journey
    One word must start each prayer
    One hope will raise our spirits
    One touch can show you care
  • kezakeza Forumite
    1.3K posts
    hoping for another NSD today! at home with William today all day but will go for a walk later (helps get rid of the baby podge ;))

for tea tonight is spag bol which we made at the end of last week (got 3 portions of spag bol and 3 portions of mince and onion pie base out of a 800g YS packet of mince !) very pleased to say the least!

hoping shopping this week is just some bread and rolls as have managed to do another 2 weeks meal plan on what we have in the cupboards and freezer, and we have our very first fruit and veg box coming tomoro! :D im excited! (as usual!) hope everyone has a great day! xx
    Current Mortgage balance - £372006.55/£395,999.
    MBNA - £4,760.45
    Barclaycard - £2,932
  • PossessionPossession Forumite
    3.3K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Flo your crumble looks so delicious I just have to make one with my 3 sorry looking Bramleys sitting in the fruit bowl. I think I shall make up a big lot of crumble mix and batch freeze it.
    Should be a NSD today, as I've decided the big store cupboard delivery today is coming out of savings. That seems pretty skewed thinking I know but it all comes out of the same pot in the end.