PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

July 2012 Grocery Challenge

Comments

• Soworried
    Soworried Posts: 2,369 Forumite
    I don't know if I am allowed to do this so if I am not please remove the link.

It is a £1 off Nestle cereal code. Tesco have Nestle for £1 at the moment so you will get it free.
    Thankyou to the coupon thread on MSE for this.
    I hope it helps people who are finding the budget a bit tight x

https://www.facebook.com/LoveBrandsU...67611269949046
    £36/£240
    £5522
    One step must start each journey
    One word must start each prayer
    One hope will raise our spirits
    One touch can show you care
  • Possession
    Possession Posts: 3,262 Forumite
    Soworried wrote: »

It is a £1 off Nestle cereal code. Tesco have Nestle for £1 at the moment so you will get it free.

I don't think you are allowed to put it here, but you can put it on the code and discount vouchers board and put a link to the thread here.
  • jumblejack
    jumblejack Posts: 6,599 Forumite
    Soworried wrote: »

Thanks so much :T
    :A Every moment is a gift. That's why we call it the present.!:A
    Grocery Spend Weekly Challenge (Sat-Fri):£30.50/£40
  • tigerfeet2006
    tigerfeet2006 Posts: 14,030 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 11 July 2012 at 12:34PM
    Sorry I have not been posting but life has been a bit hectic here while trying to get everything done so my time has been limited. Also I haven't really got a budget at the moment, it is a case of I have this much to spend this week so that is what I will have to try and do.

Just had a delivery from Tesco which came to £55, will probably need to get some more veg, milk and bread later.

Dinner last night was Gruffalo Crumble aka Veg and blue cheese bake.

I cubed enough potatoes for 5 of us, 2 sweet potatoes, carrots and leeks. Put a knob of butter in a big pan and sauted them off with 3 or so crushed garlic cloves. I then added 300ml of milk and 300ml of veg. stock (I used Bisto Best) and then simmered it until the veg was cooked. Transfered it to an oval Pyrex and crumbled 250g of blue cheese of the top. I whizzed together butter and Doves GF flour to make a crumble topping and spread it over, (GF) bread crumbs should work just as well I think. Popped it in a 220degC oven for 30 mins (with my oven I would probably try 20-25 mins next time.) Clean plates all round.

ETA: If you have people who just cannot do with out their meat then a couple of rashers of bacon chopped up and fried off and then added would be good. Or a couple of sausages cookked of and chopped up.
    BSCno.87
    The only stupid question is an unasked one
    Loving life as a Kernow Hippy
  • adelight
    adelight Posts: 2,658 Forumite
    I just went to mr S and on the way saw that there's a wednesday market nd it's so much better than the saturday one!! Good value, big variety of stuff and it's so organised with aisles and baskets. Got courgettes, aubergines, peppers, garlic, grapefruits and the biggest cauliflower ever. And milk and cheese from mr S. Must update my sig now.
    Living cheap in central London :rotfl:
  • Florenceem - have a good trip tomorrow!

Bought a few more bits yesterday but still at £69/£80 and not much left to get :).
    Pay debt in 2012 #278 £2347/£5364
    Sealed Pot 5 #1713 £78.57 //Crazy Clothes Challenge #97 £79.49/£100
    Grocery Challenge:
    Feb £359/£360 Mar £390/£450 Apr £335/£320
    May £330/£320 Jun £455/£400 Jul £321/£320
    Aug £399/£370 Sep £345/£300 Oct £421/£400 Nov £0/£320
  • keza
    keza Posts: 1,309 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    im toying with the idea of baking my own bread. is it truely cheaper as i begrudge paying over £1 for a loaf! and the cheap value stuff goes green so quickly (no room in freezer to freeze!)

can any of you offer some advice from experience? also rolls too as we notice ours go stale quickly and would rather bake my own every few days if thats poss? thx
    Current Mortgage balance - £348,607.76/£395,999.
    Tesco - £9,757.91
    HSBC - £7,186.54
  • tigerfeet2006
    tigerfeet2006 Posts: 14,030 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    It is definatly cheaper. Can work out to 30p-40p a loaf. I have a Panasonic bread maker (which is highly recommended on here) and love it. You can put the ingredients in the night before and just select dough and then do your rolls in the morning from it. I really should start using mine again, have just got out of the habit.
    BSCno.87
    The only stupid question is an unasked one
    Loving life as a Kernow Hippy
  • craigywv
    craigywv Posts: 2,342 Forumite
    mummyyof5 wrote: »
    Sorry craigyvw...was busy with the LOs but see your question has been answered.:)..I prefer the 18 packs..mainly as they have a handle so easier to carry..I rely on public transport as OH is rarely home...Coach driver in sunnier climates lol...but could only get 9 packs today...still bought 2 and struggled...pram toddler and shoppingxxx
    :)
    thank-you anyway:)
    C.R.A.P.R.O.L.L.Z #7 member N.I splinter-group co-ordinater :p I dont suffer from insanity....I enjoy every minute of it!!.:)
  • SusanP_2
    SusanP_2 Posts: 40 Forumite
    Just been to JS tupperware on sale, 1/3 off... 3 2l clip and lock for £8.66, I was pleased with that... Going to count up what I have and see if worth getting anymore. Bit of a rubbish day as my money is on Tupperware, OH has a golf trolley...something wrong somwhere?! :-) At least the weather is starting to brighten up a bit...the hours are getting away from me today, going to the library this afternoon or tomorrow morning to look for some books on excel and then I can start budget spreadsheets...maybe I should have on for golf?!!
    Grocery Challenge Target £400!!

August 0/£400
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family