PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

July 2012 Grocery Challenge

Options

Comments

• Welsh_Poppy
    Welsh_Poppy Posts: 979 Forumite
    Options
    Afternoon
    I go out for day and the thread just runs away with itself.

I will post strawberry jam recipe and chilli jam tomorrow when I have more time.
    Will try the Artisan bread hopefully tomorrow.

A NSD and got taken out for lunch(unheard off) it was delic and I did not cook.
    Weight loss challenge 66lb to go /59lb's lost

Grocery Budget January £150/£175
    Feb £150/
  • GreenFairy
    GreenFairy Posts: 379 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    keza wrote: »

do any of you lovely ladies know how long Twinks last for in a biscuit tin? thanks very much :)

Not very long around here! :rotfl:
    I think oaty biscuits don't go stale as quickly. Hubs polished off the last one a week after it was baked and deemed it perfectly yummy.
    Attempting to stay on track in the Grocery Challenge!

Occasionally blogging at CookingTheBooks!
  • Islandmaid
    Islandmaid Posts: 6,514 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Hi all,

Did a huge SM shop at Mr S on Sunday, I did get sucked into 25% off wine offer, so ended up spending just under £100:eek:

The freezer is fit to burst though.

I have decided to shop as I need things for the rest of the month, see if I can control myself a bit more.

We have a fab 'proper' butcher is our local town, I usually bulk buy meat at a wholesaler, but I,m thinking of buying from the butcher from next month, it,ll be more expensive per pound, but the quality of the meat is amazing, so should in theory use less - does anyone else do this, how did it compare to SM type meat?

Off to update sig now.

Have a fab evening all x
    Note to self - STOP SPENDING MONEY !!

£300/£130
  • sonastin
    sonastin Posts: 3,210 Forumite
    Options
    jumblejack wrote: »
    [/B]

Oh I don't know.... 5 minutes if you're lucky?

:rotfl:

That long?? I was going to suggest about 30 seconds in our house... if they even make it to the tin :rotfl:
  • keza
    keza Posts: 1,309 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    sonastin wrote: »
    That long?? I was going to suggest about 30 seconds in our house... if they even make it to the tin :rotfl:

im guilty of already having eaten 3 and ive only just finished baking them all! do you all normally get around 40 from the recipe?

I will prob take some to my parents tomoro and me and DH wont be eating 40 of them haha! (well, i wont tell if you wont! shhhh!)
    :rotfl:
    Current Mortgage balance - £348,607.76/£395,999.
    Tesco - £9,757.91
    HSBC - £7,186.54
  • nicknack
    nicknack Posts: 90 Forumite
    Options
    So, £33.47 so far already this month in various shops, including stocking up on loo rolls and pack up stuff.

I got some YS Te**o Finest Pork and red onion sausages last night, reduced from £4.40 to £1.60. The date on them was 10th July so not quite sure why they were reduced.....? Also got an Apple pie from the bakery for 22p which I am going to have some of now!

By the way, just seen that River Cottage tonight includes a masterclass on foraging for all those interested! Channel 4 at 8pm.

Ok, will update signature now, then it's apple pie and back to the tennis. x
  • supersally01
    supersally01 Posts: 785 Forumite
    Options
    Hi,

Quick update.

£8 in Asda on milk, 2 for £5 cooked meat, 2 x wraps.
    Also done a Mr T's online shop, got it down to £43 delivered, so hope all discounts work this time!!!

£51 to add, hope to spend nothing Thur, Fri, Sat as working, so hope there is no M&S MOC tomorrow to tempt me!! LOL.

Pasta bake for tea, with YS garlic bread.

Off to catch up with posts,

Sally.
  • SusanP_2
    SusanP_2 Posts: 40 Forumite
    Options
    I was doing so well, I listed everything in my cupboards, well I thought I had, meal planned and made shopping list...

I went to as**a and thought Lynx at £2 each bargain as normally 2 for £5 in local sainsbobs, then today they are 2 for £4 in local....I have missed out on nectar points.

Then in Sainsbobs I brought water filters half price to try and start 2nd purse, I think I've almost got my head round it, then opened that cupboard to see I already have loads!!!

I am not going to let it put me off, i'm telling myself it is normal to have teething problems and I will get better.

I think approx £150 so far including fuel... I need to tot it all up... Then update proper...

Hope everyone's doing better than me.... Onwards and upwards....!!!
    Grocery Challenge Target £400!!

August 0/£400
  • PennyGrabber
    PennyGrabber Posts: 1,288 Forumite
    Options
    it was rather like a posh loaf I get from Sainsbobs for DD whose name I cannot recall.

You can't remember your DD's name?!! :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    nicknack wrote: »
    By the way, just seen that River Cottage tonight includes a masterclass on foraging for all those interested! Channel 4 at 8pm.

Thanks - I've read this just in time to turn on the telly with a cuppa!
    SusanP wrote: »
    I was doing so well, I listed everything in my cupboards, well I thought I had, meal planned and made shopping list...

I went to as**a and thought Lynx at £2 each bargain as normally 2 for £5 in local sainsbobs, then today they are 2 for £4 in local....I have missed out on nectar points.

Then in Sainsbobs I brought water filters half price to try and start 2nd purse, I think I've almost got my head round it, then opened that cupboard to see I already have loads!!!

I am not going to let it put me off, i'm telling myself it is normal to have teething problems and I will get better.

I think approx £150 so far including fuel... I need to tot it all up... Then update proper...

Hope everyone's doing better than me.... Onwards and upwards....!!!

That so sounds like me!! (Only I'd buy it in both...)

NSD today, thankfully. Could've been a spend, as children not back til half six, but managed to resist. I'm having toast/soup/easy stuff tonight, and then dd has requested cottage pie for tomorrow, as she wanted it last week and we ran out of days! I'll make a biggun, so that Fri can be los, as we're swimming til 6.

Right, off for a cuppa and to learn how to forage!!

PG x
    Grocery challenge for family of three - me, dd(12) and ds(11), feeding dp 2 or 3 x a week too. Only food, not toiletries. Jan £87.97/£100 Feb £0/£100
    Frugal 2018 needed! Saving and NOT spending
  • bossymoo
    bossymoo Posts: 6,924 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    NSD for groceries today, but did have a day out with the tots, so spend spend spend but they had fun with their cousins and a ride on a proper little steam engine...
    Bossymoo

Away with the fairies :beer:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family