Competitions Discussion Thread Part 17

Comments

• Blulu
    Blulu Posts: 7,629 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Queen Sheba it's like Barnabysue said, it doesn't mean that anyone is doubting your motives. I'm fairly sure that the policy is to protect our forum from those who might otherwise bombard us with promotions and advertising. Sadly, it does mean that MSE may well miss out on some good comps, like yours I'm sure. But in the long run, it's probably worth it to keep the site ad free. I hope you understand that it's certainly doesn't mean anything negative towards well intentioned people like yourself :)
    I am brave, I am bruised
    I am who I'm meant to be
    I'm not scared to be seen
    I make no apology
    THIS IS ME!
  • libra10
    libra10 Posts: 18,690 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    It's definitely worth registering with Twitter as there are many competitions listed, which are very easy to enter.

A useful guide to the world of Twitter here -

http://www.compersgrapevine.co.uk/site/16.asp

Good luck
  • fire**fly
    fire**fly Posts: 147,832 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 4 August 2012 at 9:17PM
    [STRIKE]
    hi, request sent to Glad to be moved to comps disc :)

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=3963115
    [/STRIKE]

move request done
    please be a responsible pet owner & spay/neuter your pets, too many strays & not enough homes for them sadly. k2u58ioz4c8e.png

• Mamzie
    Mamzie Posts: 2,540 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 5 August 2012 at 1:29AM
    Blulu wrote: »
    Guys, having slept on it, I had a flash of inspiration. There is no reason not to try out a discussion board alongside this thread and the compers inn. We could keep all three going and then folk could use whichever they wanted. Could stay that way permanently if all three kept being used. At some point I'll test this out in IWIWIW and hopefully see what others think :)

we've asked for this a few times. i would love a compers chat corner board - where people could start their own threads to ask a Q in, without getting lost in one long thread. Sometimes I think many don't bother to really read this thread as they know that a post will get answered by a few, but that means lots of members don't get a chance to be involved.

xxx
    My light may be on, but that doesn't always mean I am looking at the PC - I am far more likely to be cuddling or feeding Tianna atm, so please don't think I am ignoring you if I don't reply quickly :)

Our Precious Baby Tianna has now joined our Family, she is much loved and very welcome, xxx
  • joshtbh
    joshtbh Posts: 1,410 Forumite
    Hi all, does anyone enter postal competitions just using online postcard sending sites?

If so - could you share with me which site is the best or cheapest to use please? :)
  • Blulu
    Mamzie wrote: »
    we've asked for this a few times. i would love a compers chat corner board - where people could start their own threads to ask a Q in, without getting lost in one long thread. Sometimes I think many don't bother to really read this thread as they know that a post will get answered by a few, but that means lots of members don't get a chance to be involved.

xxx

You said it really well, for me. When I'm feeling brave, I will definitely throw this one open on the IWIWIW board. Would be good to find out what most people think. I honestly believe the whole forum would run smoother that way. Thanks Mamzie. XXX
    I am brave, I am bruised
    I am who I'm meant to be
    I make no apology
    THIS IS ME!
  • Barnabysue
    Barnabysue Posts: 9,058 Forumite
    Sometimes I think many don't bother to really read this thread as they know that a post will get answered by a few, but that means lots of members don't get a chance to be involved.

Do you think people would bother switching to a whole new board if they don't even read a sticky on the main board?

I don't understand what you mean by 'but that means lots of members don't get a chance to be involved'? Everyone has access to the stickies and everyone has an equal opportunity to help people who have questions.
    Luck is believing you’re lucky – Tennessee Williams

May your pockets be heavy and your heart be light. May good luck pursue you each morning and night – Anonymous
  • Blulu
    Barnabysue wrote: »
    Do you think people would bother switching to a whole new board if they don't even read a sticky on the main board?

Lol - sos B-Sue, but yes, I truly do think they would bother, because it would be a lot less bother. It would be like the other boards, people would skim through the titles and open up the threads that interested them. Given how kind most people are here, I think that would include questions, especially from newbies. It's so much harder all on one thread because you have to plough through everything to see what interests you. And it's so much harder to follow through on the same point.

Apart from anything, surely it's worth testing just to see if it would be better? X
    I am brave, I am bruised
    I am who I'm meant to be
    I make no apology
    THIS IS ME!
  • marcofoo
    marcofoo Posts: 1,225 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hi all,

I'm back from a two month break of comping with a shiny new laptop and am now having trouble entering ITV comps.

My usual procedure is this:

1) Roboform fills out details.
    2) Tick acceptance box and click Submit (note I do not enter the captcha).
    3) Next time enter the captcha and submit (I do this is so that the form remembers my data.).
    4) Go back (data is still in form), enter captcha, submit again.
    5) Repeat this process until I've entered as many times as allowed.

What was once a long process has now become an even longer process as step 4 no longer works.

I've tried this in FF, IE and Chrome but after clicking 'Back', all of the browsers now show their own error message where the address form is usually displayed.

Is this error unique to me and my new laptop or have others experienced this in recent weeks? If so, is there a solution?

Thanks
  • Blulu
    Hi marcofoo, a few weeks ago I switched from Chrome to FF. In Chrome, I could back space with the ITV comps, but in FF it takes me back to a blank form. I figured it was to do with FF, but perhaps not. Be interested to see what others say to this. X
    I am brave, I am bruised
    I am who I'm meant to be
    I make no apology
    THIS IS ME!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts