Competitions Discussion Thread Part 17

edited 15 May 2012 at 7:46PM in Game Over
904 replies 72.1K views

Replies

• BluluBlulu Forumite
    7K Posts
    Ninth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Guys, having slept on it, I had a flash of inspiration. There is no reason not to try out a discussion board alongside this thread and the compers inn. We could keep all three going and then folk could use whichever they wanted. Could stay that way permanently if all three kept being used. At some point I'll test this out in IWIWIW and hopefully see what others think :)
    Anyone else miss the chat in Compers Chat Corner? How about we try to bring it back?

{{{{{ Imagine ALL the people sharing ALL the world }}}}}
  • edited 1 August 2012 at 9:31AM
    BarnabysueBarnabysue Forumite
    9.1K Posts
    edited 1 August 2012 at 9:31AM
    The Tech Guys and BGs might think they have enough boards to cope with, without starting a whole new board alongside those. As far as I know, all of the other boards just have a 'sticky' where general conversation takes place. To my mind, the problems only arise when posts from the main board are moved into here. Perhaps the answer is that people can't post on the comp board until they've made a certain number of posts, which would also stop newbies thanking every comp rather than using the thanks button. Restricting posting links only doesn't seem to be working IMO. As soon as someone posts a comp which is obviously self promotion, somebody jumps in and posts the link anyway, which defeats the object. I understand that this can't apply to all boards, if someone needs financial advice they need it now, not in say 25 posts time. Just my thoughts.
    Luck is believing you’re lucky – Tennessee Williams

May your pockets be heavy and your heart be light. May good luck pursue you each morning and night – Anonymous
  • Blulu wrote: »
    Near the top of the page, you'll find a menu bar with "Quick Links" near the right. If you click there, you'll find a link to edit your signature :)

Many thanks Blulu:T

I found it and will set up my signature tonight:)

Have a happy comping day/week/year & life:j
    Wins: Athens Olympics; Med Cruise; Hertford Hotel; Santa Barbara; Devon/Cornwall; Sri Lanka; Webcam/Headphones; DAB Digital Radio/iPod Dock Station; Cordless Screwdriver; Baby-G Watch; 103 iTunes; £125 Shop Cards; Rugby Sevens; Paralympic Tickets; Oulton Park Track Day; Theatre Tickets, X-Factor Live Final Tickets & many others:j
  • fire**flyfire**fly Forumite
    146.8K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    good luck blu xx
    please be a responsible pet owner & spay/neuter your pets, too many strays & not enough homes for them sadly. k2u58ioz4c8e.png

• BluluBlulu Forumite
    7K Posts
    Ninth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    No prob TinyTaff. Looking forward to seeing your sig :)

Thanks for that Barnabysue. I agree that the BGs will naturally have the final say, but actually, it might save them a lot of time in having to move stuff around. You inspired me so I went off hunting and there are other discussion boards on the site, as opposed to threads. I can't help thinking that a lot of newbie niggles might well be resolved if there was somewhere more obvious to go and ask - where questions stand a better chance of being answered. Thanks for playing. It's good to gather a cross section of views :)
    Anyone else miss the chat in Compers Chat Corner? How about we try to bring it back?

{{{{{ Imagine ALL the people sharing ALL the world }}}}}
  • magicalmagical Forumite
    894 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    Hi,

I just wanted to ask a quick question about postal entries. Can anyone tell me what post cards use you please. I would like to try some. thankyou x
    Comping for christmas x
    Thankyou to all posters:D
  • melvismelvis Forumite
    6K Posts
    magical wrote: »
    Hi,

I just wanted to ask a quick question about postal entries. Can anyone tell me what post cards use you please. I would like to try some. thankyou x

I use free postcards from the cinema, old xmas/birthday cards and cut up cereal boxes when we have them (which isn't too often in our house) HTH :) xx
    #LuckyMelvis - £500 to spend with very.co.uk & Issy Miyake Pleats #GoodWeek
    £1,000 from PMU so we're off to Paris! #AmazingWeek
    2014 - iPad Air 64gb :eek: iPhone 5 :eek: iPad Mini :eek:
    894 Posts
    ✭✭✭
    Thankyou. Have you won anything from postals.
    Comping for christmas x
  • fire**flyfire**fly Forumite
    146.8K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    magical wrote: »
    Hi,

hi, ppd's postal thread has lots of info on the 1st page for making/finding p/cards here..

# 4
    princess pixiedust
    post_old.gif 08-07-2012, 1:18 PM

thread..

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4060679

hth x
    please be a responsible pet owner & spay/neuter your pets, too many strays & not enough homes for them sadly. k2u58ioz4c8e.png

894 Posts
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks firefly thats really useful x
    Comping for christmas x
This discussion has been closed.
LATEST MSE NEWS AND GUIDES

Cut overdraft charges

10 tips to pay less for your overdraft + how to pay it off

MSE Guides