PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

June 2012 Grocery Challenge

Options

Comments

• AlwaysHappy
    AlwaysHappy Posts: 1,506 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    wow craigywv, well done on your bargains - I was in the coop today but no such luck for me (unless I had just missed out!!). I could do with some more olive oil for my stores so will have to keep my eye out.
    I'm not a failure if I don't make it, I'm a success because I :tried!
  • craigywv
    craigywv Posts: 2,342 Forumite
    Options
    Florenceem wrote: »
    NSD here.
    We had HM garlic wedges, rump steak, salad - grated carrot, lettuce + onion sprinkled with sunflower seeds for dinner.

7355108926_a942512e61.jpg
    :)yummmmmmmmm want some!!!:)
    C.R.A.P.R.O.L.L.Z #7 member N.I splinter-group co-ordinater :p I dont suffer from insanity....I enjoy every minute of it!!.:)
  • craigywv
    craigywv Posts: 2,342 Forumite
    Options
    wow craigywv, well done on your bargains - I was in the coop today but no such luck for me (unless I had just missed out!!). I could do with some more olive oil for my stores so will have to keep my eye out.
    :)i have noticed the coooooop does some mad offers but they not regular like mr t i couldnt rely on their whoopsies like i can mr t :)
    C.R.A.P.R.O.L.L.Z #7 member N.I splinter-group co-ordinater :p I dont suffer from insanity....I enjoy every minute of it!!.:)
  • hattifattener
    hattifattener Posts: 147 Forumite
    Options
    Lovely NSD today. Spent most of the day tidying and gardening - thinned out some radishes and planted some toms. Hubby did loads of tidying in the garden, so looking lovely out there now. :)

Lunch was cheese, pickles and crackers with a curried carrot dip I made last night with some carrots that were looking decidedly sorry for themselves. Tea was HM burger and chips (one of our faves), and now having a lovely OS treat - decluttering a bottle of red wine from the wine rack.

V jealous of the olive oil haul craigywv - we use gallons of the stuff!
    MFW start date:22.6.13 - £138555 9.7.13 - £125937
    MFD: [STRIKE]November 2039[/STRIKE] October 2035

2013 OP: £14172
    2014 OP aim: £0/£3000
  • PennyGrabber
    PennyGrabber Posts: 1,288 Forumite
    Options
    NSD today, thank goodness!

Had pancakes for breakfast, ham sandwiches, apple, pear, wotsits and a cream egg for lunch, and bolognese pasta bake for dinner. Tomorrow will be same for breakfast, hot dogs for lunch, and lo pasta bake for dinner, with lots of fruit thrown in throughout the day for good measure! Food is sorted for the rest of the week for breakfasts, packed lunches and dinners where the children are home, and I shall have freezer/cupboard roulette when it's just me. Nothing needed, and the first things I'll end up needing are fruit and milk, but not until at least Sunday next weekend. Of course, it depends what the weekend offers will be then!!

Have updated my sig, and I have £3.41 per day for the rest of the year. So doable!! (?!?!?!!)

PG x
    Grocery challenge for family of three - me, dd(12) and ds(11), feeding dp 2 or 3 x a week too. Only food, not toiletries. Jan £87.97/£100 Feb £0/£100
    Frugal 2018 needed! Saving and NOT spending
  • cattysmum
    cattysmum Posts: 1,263 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Photogenic
    Options
    Good evening all I had a spend of 18.73 today in Ts just salad stuff,milk pizzas for
    dd2biscuits and a few other bits and bobs. Lovely fish pie for tea tonight, Im trying to live out of the freezer for rest of the week so hoping for a nsd tomoz and Monday.
    SPC No. 295 - SPC No10 target £350
    #1603:staradmin/
    SPC 2014 £150/SPC 2015 £256SPC 2016 £324
    Saving for Florida 2018 :j
    Matched betting toe dipper.
  • Suffolk_lass
    Suffolk_lass Posts: 9,345 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Has anyone had any joy in using packet mix custard to make a quick ice cream with?

Kitchenbunny - I have - it was OK but I would add a few drops of vanilla extract and some pureed fruit to make it less custardy - strawberries are good or, when you make the custard you could add cocoa to make chocolate ice cream...

Good luck!
    SL
    Save £12k in 2024 - #2 target is £5000 only £798.34 so far
    OS Grocery Challenge 2024 31.1% spent or £932.98/£3,000 annual
    I also Reverse Meal Plan on that thread and grow much of our own premium price fruit and veg, joining in on the Grow your own thread
    My Debt Free Diary Get a grip Woman
  • MrsCD
    MrsCD Posts: 1,791 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Xmas Saver!
    edited 10 June 2012 at 12:28AM
    Options
    Had to buy eggs today, so will update sig.

It has rained all day :( When I came home from work, after tea, we had to go out in the pouring rain to try to brush, or coax the water from the patio which was rapidly becoming a paddling pool, into the drain. When the house was built, they made the patio slope away from the house, which is good. But the drain is the kitchen sink one beside the back wall, so when it rains a lot, it all builds up on the patio, even with a soakaway under the flagstones :(

On a better note, has anyone else tried MrA's SPrice shampoo for 20p? I've been using it this week, and I can't stop telling people about it! My hair is so soft, it feels like I've used some expensive conditioner, but it's just the shampoo :T
    2024 Fashion on the ration 32/66 used
  • Samantha22
    Samantha22 Posts: 42 Forumite
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

I've got to report another little spend of £4.85. Signature updated. A jar of Kenco Coffee at the corner shop £3.19, as Ocado did not have it when I did my shop, online, and 1 pkt crisps £1.66.

Meal plans are going real well. Had the chicken curry with rice, and have frozen three other portions for next week. I've also had my first ever taste of pasta, yesterday. I cooked it with minced beef & pasta sauce, and have frozen three portions. Roast pork today, so shall see how far that will stretch.

Hope you've all had a great week,

Regards,

Sam22 :))

p.s. Please forgive me if I've posted this message in the wrong way. I cannot seem to find the link to write a new post x
    Feb GC: - £0/£200 beginning Feb 3rd 2015
    Multiple Catalogues: £3,500 due (approx.) Must sort!
    Capital One CC: £ 500.00 to be paid back asap
    Aqua CC: £ 250.00 to be paid back asap
    Vanquis CC: £500.00 to be paid back asap
    Current Weight: 13st 2lbs - Ideal weight: 10st
  • franby64
    franby64 Posts: 944 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Morning

I've got a bit ahead of myself again - total is already £242.67/£400 and I've got another @£40 As*a shop coming today plus a few local bits I need.

I keep having a £100+ Sa*ns shop at the beginning of the month to get the free delivery but I think this messes me up as I spend too much in one go without planning it well enough.

So after today I will have just over £100 for the rest of the month which does not fill me with hope but I'll try! Today I'll do a plan for the rest of the month based on what I have and then [STRIKE]fail to follow it as usual [/STRIKE] stick to it like my life depended on it. :)

Jumblejack - I'm another one who would love to go vegetarian - I've just restarted my Ab*l & C*Le boxes and this always forces me to eat more veg which is good but can be a headache as the rest of the family won't sit and eat a pile of veg like I will! I need to work up my veggie repertoire to take them at least some of the way with me. And I will probably only have a box every 2/3 weeks, it's an indulgence really!

Craigyw - A good suggestion with the Sl*mming World. I'm starting a health and fitness campaign on Weds and I'll put something, maybe £2.50 in a pot for Xmas but only if I lose that week. I can't really afford to pay myself too much, that's the problem!

Hope everybody is doing OK in June.
    August Shopping Challenge. 26/8. Budget £250 Spent £256.81.. £6.81 over. So £0.00 a day left.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure