Please HELP MSE test new cheap contact lens tool

Options

Comments

• Gozzy
    Gozzy Posts: 9 Forumite
    Options
    Currently beat your best price by £5.
    £102 for 3 month supply of Johnson & Johnson 1 day acuvue Trueye from secondsightonline.co.uk
    Have been using them since 2004 and have always been the cheapest.
  • LouLou
    LouLou Posts: 2,135 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Gas Permeables intrigue me..they seem to last for years and can be very comfortable if you buy the right brand/get a good fitting (from what I've read, anyway). Most seem to need a bit of time to adapt to them, though.

Back when I first got contacts they were on offer everywhere (circa 1991) but hard to find nowadays.

Does anyone know the cheapest place for a pair of plano (non-prescription) Freshlook Colorblends? Couldn't get anything on the Lens Checker. Thanks :)
  • shadowspy24
    shadowspy24 Posts: 238 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    There should be a function for those who don't care what brand they buy but they just select the type of lenses they want e.g dailies or monthlies and then press enter and then a list of brands is outputted in order of cheapest first.
  • salthepal
    salthepal Posts: 425 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver! Cashback Cashier
    Options
    LouLou wrote: »
    Gas Permeables intrigue me..they seem to last for years and can be very comfortable if you buy the right brand/get a good fitting (from what I've read, anyway). Most seem to need a bit of time to adapt to them, though.

Back when I first got contacts they were on offer everywhere (circa 1991) but hard to find nowadays.

:)

I have been wearing gas permeables for many years amd have had no problems. I am currently wearing Wohlk which are expensive and should like to know if theres a way a getting them more cheaply?
    Thanks.
  • LouLou
    Options
    salthepal wrote: »
    I have been wearing gas permeables for many years amd have had no problems. I am currently wearing Wohlk which are expensive and should like to know if theres a way a getting them more cheaply?
    Thanks.
    I've hardly done an extensive online search, but these might be a good start: http://www.eurolens.co.uk/contact-lenses/gas-permeable.asp

http://www.lenscatalogue.co.uk/types-of-contact-lenses.asp?CategoryName=RGP&CategoryID=7

Can't see Wohlk, though.
  • Natty*1981*
    Options
    Gozzy wrote: »
    Currently beat your best price by £5.
    £102 for 3 month supply of Johnson & Johnson 1 day acuvue Trueye from secondsightonline.co.uk
    Have been using them since 2004 and have always been the cheapest.

I second this, I have used them for the last 2 years & have always found them considerably cheaper than elsewhere.

Just ordered 90 pairs of 1 Day Acuvue Disposable Contact Lenses, for £79, with free postage. Always seem to come within a couple of days as well, no complaints here at all!
  • LouLou
    edited 4 May 2012 at 9:36PM
    Options
    Re cheap dailies. I've tried Daysoft (the non-silk variety), currently testing out Crystal and here's another option, Aura:

Can't seem to get the 20-day link to work: http://www.visiondirect.co.uk/r-l-vision?xSec=122 (you can return the 20-day option ones if they don't suit your eyes).

Lensbase sells them too, I assume for a little more: http://www.lensbase.co.uk/r-l-vision/aura-1-day-20-pack?xProd=3566

About Aura: http://pdf.lensbase.com/364-en-nl.pdf

How they compare to Daysoft and Crystal, I've no idea, though you get 32 in a month's pack with Daysoft, 30 with Crystal, compared to Aura's 20 pack.

PS: Crystal and Aura have the same specifications: 45 % Ocufilcon D, Water Content 55%. Also, Crystal lenses are made in China versus Daysoft's UK manufacturers (for anyone interested in that sort of thing).

Can't find details of where Aura are manufactured.
  • ol1v33r
    ol1v33r Posts: 38 Forumite
    Options
    The contact lens finder is not finding the best price on

1 Day Acuvue Moist for Astigmatism.

They are much cheaper at Specsavers, £40 for 30 Pairs.

There is no delivery option it is collection only.
  • exbnji
    exbnji Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options
    Hi

I'm using Boots Daily Oxylens, but it doesn't appear in the list (there's just a generic 'premium dailies'. Oxylens are, according to my optician, special because they allow 100% air to the eyes.

Does anyone know the generic equivalent to these? Google isn't throwing much up.

Thanks!
  • micralady1962
    Options
    Hi,
    I wear soft daily contact lenses which I purchase through:
    daysoftcontactlenses dot com
    (sorry MSE won't let me include link as I am a new poster so you will need to google)
    This company manufactures and sells their own comparable brand much cheaper than big brands. For example, I used to wear Acuvue Oasys (which were costing at least £17 per box of 6 lenses) yet Daysoft offer a comparable quality daily disposable contact lens priced at £5.99 for a box of 32 lenses. They are comfortable to wear and come well packaged with an easy re-order system. Excellent delivery too.
    Have a read of the Daysoft home page for all the qualifying information. I am confident that all contact lenses will be impressed at the savings they can make.

Give it a try. It will be well worth it!
    Cheers
    TJ
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family