Please HELP MSE test new cheap contact lens tool

Options

Comments

• AV-Wiz
    Options
    I've used iris-online.co.uk several times, and they have always been pretty much as competetive for J&J Acuvue daily moists.

Costco of course are always worth a comparison if you have a card

Nice tool!
  • I used the tool which I admit was very easy to use. However, I buy my lenses from lenstore.co.uk and they are much cheaper than the best advised on the MSE link.
  • Ree2
    Ree2 Posts: 3 Newbie
    Options
    A great idea-but there is no drop down box for the lenses I use- Rigid Gas Permeable (RGP) lenses. Will this be added in future?
  • matt1mds
    Options
    Hi
    Not sure of the qualifying criteria but another website for a uk based company supplying contacts lenes is www dot secondsight dot co dot uk who appear cheaper than anyone else on your list!

Must admit have not tried them and not affiliated to them but have a link from when i previously did a search for lens providers, and was expecing to see them on this list

Matt
  • kevanp
    kevanp Posts: 10 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Glad to learn that I've been buying my lenses for several years from somewhere considerably cheaper than the best buy in the new LensChecker. Check out Second Sight Online (easy to find online: this forum doesn't allow me to post a web address)

I buy Acuvue Moist for £81 for 90 days supply, v. £84 you show for Asda.
  • Bloggerkate
    Options
    I can't find any mention of gas permeable lenses. I buy mine form Boots.
  • howardblood
    Options
    Hi, I wear rigid, gas permeable, and there seems to be no mention of these type of lenses in the drop down list.
    Thanks,
    Howard
  • coughingbear
    Options
    It's a very handy tool, and I'll point my husband at it, but like others I wear gas permeable lenses and would love to have some help with those - I moved away from my previous optician, and Specsavers can't supply the type I wear.
  • topcatk_2
    topcatk_2 Posts: 135 Forumite
    Options
    Worked for me and discovered I can save over £20 going to a new supplier. Thank you
  • GlasweJen
    GlasweJen Posts: 7,451 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    There's an awful lot of RGP patients on here,all newbies. Seems odd to me as we struggle every year to find RGP patients to teach our pre regs with.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure