PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

May 2012 Grocery Challenge

Comments

• Florenceem
    Florenceem Posts: 7,922 Forumite
    Homepage Hero First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    jumblejack wrote: »
    Aaaargh. :eek:

Just got my scales out to try out the nuts n 'nanas cake and MY SCALES ARE BUST!!! Must have knocked em coming back from mums as I've been taking em each time I visited. They were ancient anyway and extremely cheap. I needed some new ones as they are inaccurate for large weights.

Anyhow, I tried to gauge by eye alone but the results were a flop. No where near sweet enough for a pud so will get replacement scales and try again :rotfl: :o

(On a good note, when I got to Mum's, she had prepped n cooked tea early:T
    She's a star!!!!!! Looks like I am out of a job. :D It smelt lovely too. :))
    I got my scales from Wilk.. retro style - had my old ones years!
    Decluttering Achieved - 2023 - 10,364 Decluttering Target - 2024 - 2,874 April - 252/253
    GC NSD 2023 - 242/365
    2023 Craft Makes - 245 Craft Spends 2023 - £676.03/£400
    Books read - 2023 - 37
    GC - 2024 4 Week Period £45.77/£100 NSD - 75
    2024 Craft Makes - 204 Craft Spends 2024 £295.23/£500
  • Florenceem
    Florenceem Posts: 7,922 Forumite
    Homepage Hero First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    We had HM chilli wedges with pork spare rib and roasted vegetables - beetroot, onions and red cabbage for dinner. Mr F is in London tomorrow on business so I will have a quick dinner. I can't think of anything I need shopping wise for a couple of days at least.

7154145885_d16139b122.jpg
    Decluttering Achieved - 2023 - 10,364 Decluttering Target - 2024 - 2,874 April - 252/253
    GC NSD 2023 - 242/365
    2023 Craft Makes - 245 Craft Spends 2023 - £676.03/£400
    Books read - 2023 - 37
    GC - 2024 4 Week Period £45.77/£100 NSD - 75
    2024 Craft Makes - 204 Craft Spends 2024 £295.23/£500
  • adelight
    adelight Posts: 2,658 Forumite
    edited 8 May 2012 at 12:05PM
    Not sure if it's been mentioned but Morrisons have tinned tomatoes 4 for £1. They're not even the value ones, they're really rich and thick and tasty so worth a trip to stock up imo!
    They also have Triple Velvet 2x9packs for £6.
    eta: there are some velvet MOCs floating around too, so could be 18 rolls for £5!
    Living cheap in central London :rotfl:
  • Becks81
    Becks81 Posts: 426 Forumite
    Morning all!

I managed 2 NSD over the weekend, but had a distaster in the kitchen making my chilli :(

I used 500g of mince so thought this would need 2 onions to make up my chilli - how wrong was I. All I could taste was onions, so I added another tin off chopped tomatoes, and some more hot chilli powder, but it still had that slightly sour taste.

I've got 6 meals out of it, all put away in the freezer, but I have no urge to eat them. And I love chilli. I'm hoping they will taste better from frozen otherwise what a complete waste of time and money.
  • craigywv
    craigywv Posts: 2,342 Forumite
    :mad: right i have had enough!!!!!!!!!! why does it SOMETIMES let me say thank-you and most of the times there is no box to click with thanks in it. I thought maybe only so many people could thank someone at once but now i see people that have only 1 or 2 people thanking them there still no box to thank them,. i hope i make sense, do i have to do something to bring to to a thank-u? i know this sounds nuts but its been driving me mad now for over a week ,,thank-u rant over xxx
    C.R.A.P.R.O.L.L.Z #7 member N.I splinter-group co-ordinater :p I dont suffer from insanity....I enjoy every minute of it!!.:)
  • tessie_bear
    tessie_bear Posts: 4,898 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    hi....its stopped raining so i am going to have a look at the farmers market in the next town....still need to pop into aldi as i didnt make it yesterday

i am going to roast a bit of pork for tea and do nanas and custard for tea...ds is doing a hike with scouts tonight so will need to make sure he has plenty to eat before he sets off

have a great day tessa
    onwards and upwards
  • fozziebeartoo
    fozziebeartoo Posts: 1,582 Forumite
    craigywv wrote: »
    :mad: right i have had enough!!!!!!!!!! why does it SOMETIMES let me say thank-you and most of the times there is no box to click with thanks in it. I thought maybe only so many people could thank someone at once but now i see people that have only 1 or 2 people thanking them there still no box to thank them,. i hope i make sense, do i have to do something to bring to to a thank-u? i know this sounds nuts but its been driving me mad now for over a week ,,thank-u rant over xxx

Are you properly logged on all the time craigwv????

You can only thank people if you are signed in.....

Could you try signing out and then in again, making sure you tick "keep me logged in"?

:)
  • craigywv
    was able to thank people there see i dont know whats happening i come onto this thread and cant do it, ....leave and return and i can SOMETIMES
    C.R.A.P.R.O.L.L.Z #7 member N.I splinter-group co-ordinater :p I dont suffer from insanity....I enjoy every minute of it!!.:)
  • craigywv
    Are you properly logged on all the time craigwv????

You can only thank people if you are signed in.....

Could you try signing out and then in again, making sure you tick "keep me logged in"?

:)
    HI, I AM PROPERLY LOGGED ON FOZIEBEAR TOO, sorry just noticed was caps locks on lol ty:rotfl:
  • fozziebeartoo
    fozziebeartoo Posts: 1,582 Forumite
    I am planning a NSD today.

I need to get my repeat meds done but would have to walk past shops to do it and shops mean spending in my head ;), so will try and wait a day or two.

Had Weetabix for brekkie.

Have LO bbq chicken thighs for lunch and will re-heat some of JJ's cheesey herby bread to go with that......gave some to visiting friends yesterday and they raved about it JJ, absolutely loved it so passing your recipe on again! :D

For tea, I have a pot of DR minced steak bubbling with loads of veggies - it will be either cottage pie with mash or it might turn out to be savoury mince with chips......probably both actually, one today and one to put in the freezer for another day :T

I was planning on making blueberry muffins or cake today (found a lovely recipe with cream cheese in the mix) but friend gave me piece of boiled fruit cake and anniversary cake yesterday, so will eat that 1st.

Havent had boiled fruit cake for years, my Nanny used to do it with cold tea......lovely stuff :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure