PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

May 2012 Grocery Challenge

Comments

• fozziebeartoo
    fozziebeartoo Posts: 1,582 Forumite
    I would like to join again for May please! :j

I am still doing April which I allowed £350 for, so will try for £325 for May......was going to aim lower but both my DD's have birthdays (will be 22 and 20) this month and a meal out is planned and may get some more pressies for them as not too much left in the pressie box.

That's for groceries, travel, leisure and anything birthday related.
  • tjak
    tjak Posts: 149 Forumite
    So, I had a small spend of £23.49 at Lidl yesterday, although £9.99 was for 24xCushelle loo rolls, so we won't need them for a while!
    The rest was fruit, veg and yoghurt.
    I am planning not to food shop until next Wednesday when I will be at Lidl again. Just need to sit down and meal plan for the week now to make sure all the fresh stuff gets used up.
    Signature is all up to date
    Debt free and saving :j
  • tessie_bear
    tessie_bear Posts: 4,898 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    thankyou to all who set up the thread...im off to plan some meals for may....using a lot of what is in to try and save a bit of money

good luck tess
    onwards and upwards
  • MandM90
    MandM90 Posts: 2,246 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    We're moving house and haven't got any freezer food or many cupboard staples, so I'm setting a budget of £40pw for 4 weeks from 5th May (I'll discount this week as we're probably going to have to run in for various extra cleaning supplies and may end up relying on convenience foods if we're not set up swiftly enough)

We're having a shop delivered tonight which cost £43 incl. delivery using the T*sco £10 off a £50 order voucher, but I'm quite pleased as that is enough for a weeks worth of meals plus many things we'll only use a fraction of (lentils, dried beans etc) and I managed to include a few big bags of freezer veg for when we're stuck for something.
  • Gorgeestwo
    Gorgeestwo Posts: 537 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I've sort of lost track with April :o, but don't think I was too far off my target, so I'll stick at the same again for May, £500 for everything. (happy to keep track on my sig) Don't think I'll be doing any May shopping until the weekend.
    Good luck to everyone :)
  • NickJW
    NickJW Posts: 680 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    I'm still on April but will post here so I get the email updates :D

I'm going to aim for £130 again. Helen - I'm okay to just update my signature.

Good luck all!
    Grocery Challenge Jan 24 0/300

Grocery Challenge 13 -spent £1453.06
    Grocery Challenge 12 -spent £1565.51
  • mummybearx
    mummybearx Posts: 1,921 Forumite
    I'm back in again this month! :j

zepsgal - £200

I know we are over for the April budget, but I'm starting to save for a deposit for a house, so we really really need to cut back!

x
    Can't think of anything smart to put here...
  • S-I_am
    S-I_am Posts: 42 Forumite
    Morning,

Please can you put me down for £150 for May.

I'm still on April until the end of the month. I've already gone spectacularly over budget for April :o but as we've got so many expenses coming up I really want to drastically rein things over the next few wks.
    Fingers crossed.

Sx
  • S-I_am
    S-I_am Posts: 42 Forumite
    Sorry the above post is not in red.

I don't understand why it isn't as it's saying red on the preview :mad: The joys of computers.

Sx
  • CherryPie
    CherryPie Posts: 429 Forumite
    Lost track of April :mad:

Going for £100 again in May. But hoping for less as I will have to move house soon due to being made redundant, so I will run the cupboards & freezer down

Good Luck

:beer:
    My name is CherryPie and I'm addicted to grocery shopping!!

Grocery Challenge

Feb 2016 - £46.73 / £100.00
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family