We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Mystery Shopping Thread 23 *PLEASE READ THE OP FIRST**PLEASE NO CLIENT NAMES OR FEES

Options

Comments

• THRIFTY_GIRL
    Options
    Hi,

I've signed up for the pizza delivery assignment. Being reimbursed £12.50 but it will cost £16. Is that normal?

Thanks

TG
    MFiT - T2 # 64start date: 1.7.09 MFW end date: 31.10.17
    Start balance: £205,746.51 :eek: Month 18/100..paid 13.50%
    Current balance: £177,977.07 (updated 18.12.10)
    Target 12.12.12: From £194,000 to £140,000:p
    MFI-3 reductions: £16,023/£54,000 achieved (29.67%):j
  • Lil_Me_2
    Lil_Me_2 Posts: 2,664 Forumite
    Options
    DPJames wrote: »
    I was going to say put something up on the first page, but people would still question it and have their opinions of what's taxable and what isn't. To me, really, it's ALL taxable, the fee and the reimburssment. So maybe a default answer could be, if you're not sure then tax the lot.

I wrote out a great long reply..... then I got bored. I agree with your last statement. Tax is paid on everything.
  • Big_Graeme
    Big_Graeme Posts: 3,220 Forumite
    Options
    Lil_Me wrote: »
    I wrote out a great long reply..... then I got bored. I agree with your last statement. Tax is paid on everything.

Sorry, an accountant and a HMRC agent disagrees with that, there is little black and white in tax.
    Hi,

I've signed up for the pizza delivery assignment. Being reimbursed £12.50 but it will cost £16. Is that normal?

Thanks

TG

I have used most major pizza delivery companies, I know you can get a pizza for less than the reimbursement, you are choosing to spend more.
  • Big_Graeme
    Big_Graeme Posts: 3,220 Forumite
    Options
    mimi1234 wrote: »
    PS. It's free listings on eBay if anybody wants to put their bits and pieces on. :D:D

I do hope you are declaring that to the taxman :rotfl:
  • Lil_Me_2
    Options
    Big_Graeme wrote: »
    Sorry, an accountant and a HMRC agent disagrees with that, there is little black and white in tax.

Uhhhhh I think you've missed my point.

Feel free to give me your accountant and HMRC agents views on it though, I'd love to hear them :D
  • brooke3
    brooke3 Posts: 197 Forumite
    Options

I have used most major pizza delivery companies, I know you can get a pizza for less than the reimbursement, you are choosing to spend more.

Some company's specify what pizza you need to buy, or what size. It was my experience with Gapbuster that they never paid enough to cover the cost of the item they told me to buy but I stopped working for them about three years ago.
  • serendipity2706
    Options
    Hi,

Thanks

TG
    oh yes, however, go for a tuesday and it's 2 for one, so although it costs a bit more you get 2 pizzas. the only way the fee covers it is to go for bogging pasta
  • Lil_Me_2
    Options
    The gap pizza company are doing select pizzas for well under the reimbursement mon-fri.
  • superliss
    superliss Posts: 867 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Lil_Me wrote: »
    The gap pizza company are doing select pizzas for well under the reimbursement mon-fri.

They are the ones I had on friday night. Just over a tenner (needs to be for delivery) thats including a decent side and the optional drink.

Either that or tuesdays only.
    Well, you can tell by the way I use my walk
    I'm a woman's man: no time to talk
  • mimi1234
    mimi1234 Posts: 7,949 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I do hope you are declaring that to the taxman :rotfl:

Of course I am. I'm an accountant you know! :p;):D

Boohoo, just checked my bank, nothing pending for tomorrow :(
This discussion has been closed.