The "Pay ALL your debt off by Xmas 2012" challenge - PART 3!!!

Options

Comments

• SpagBol
    SpagBol Posts: 1,371 Forumite
    Options
    suzitiger wrote: »

So SO amazing Spagbol, you have done so well this year, just look at what you have paid off!! :eek: Are you starting to feel the benefits?

Thanks Suzitiger :beer: Not feeling any benefits as such, just spreadsheet joy :rotfl: and a sense of achievement. We won't be debt free for another 18 months minimum so just got to keep plodding on until then...and then will start on the huge mortgage but that's another story :eek:

DH got paid today and will declare £100 off the OD:

#084 £17,542 / £58,000 30.24%

:j

There may be more but I'm playing it safe as I'm rushing before work. Have a good day all! :D
    DMP started Oct '17: £79,974 :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
  • kerri_dfw
    kerri_dfw Posts: 4,556 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Ouch, ouch, ouch, ouch ouch! I can feel every single muscle in my body today. I've started going to gymnastics on Tuesdays and yoga followed by rock climbing on Wednesdays and boy am I feeling it today! Even better is that the gymnastics only costs £4 for 2hrs and the yoga is at the rock climbing, doesn't cost any extra so I get 1hr yoga and 3hrs climbing for £8! Although I'm not sure whether £12 a week on exercise is very MSE or not!??? It is stopping me going to the pub and spending it there though, so maybe I should work out a budget for it.

Ah yes budgets....I have no idea again what our budgets are. The only budget I seem to be consistent with is £50 each person for xmas and birthday presents lol.

Can someone help me with how to work out what to buy for having Christmas at home? What are the reasonable things to have? I know that we need 3 days worth of food, but surely that just means we move Sunday roast to whatever day boxing day is (my parents coming boxing day, MIL doesn't need feeding for the 1 hr she's coming on xmas day). I've got 2 pots of pringles, a big thingy of choccie fingers....do you just meal plan what you're having over the festive period? I don't really want to go all hallmark with it, we don't even have a xmas tree!!!
    Diary: Getting back on track for 2013 and beyond
    DEBT FREE 13-10-13 :dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:
    Beautiful daughter born 11.1.14
    Mortgage: [STRIKE]£399,435.91[/STRIKE] £377218.83
    Deposit loan from Dad: £9000[STRIKE]£10000[/STRIKE]
  • Ruthy1604
    Ruthy1604 Posts: 543 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    SpagBol wrote: »
    Actually...when is everyone getting paid this month? I get paid once on the 20th and again on the 21st (2nd job) but then it's a loooooooooooooooooooooong month...I'm really pleased DH gets paid on the 6th nowadays for this reason. Oh and then no council tax for 2 months which is like an extra payday :j I should go to 12 monthly smaller payments for CT but I love the 2 months off :rotfl::rotfl: That's almost £200 bonus for Jan and Feb!

DH & I both get paid on 25th of the month unless it falls on a weekend then we get paid on the nearest working day before. However, at Xmas I get paid a week earlier which will be 17th Dec :j, but I'll have to last until 25th Jan for the one after :eek:
    10lb to lose & keep off in 20204.5lb/10lb:rotfl:
  • Avogirly
    Avogirly Posts: 751 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi, I'm so sorry I have been rubbish as updating this. However, I have been good at keeping up with it. There has been a few slip up's but I am really proud that I have managed to stick at this for nearly a year now. I am so close to reaching my target, and I'm hoping that with a bit of a push during December I may just scrape through!

I haven't been able to clear all my debt, that was never the intention. But this is the first time I have completed a challenge and succeeded, and this is just what I need to push me into 2013 with enthusiasm and vigour!

Well done to all who have achieved. Please see my total below!

#340 £5,883.30/£6,534.22 90.04%
    October make £10/day currently £11.02
  • SpagBol
    Options
    kerri_dfw wrote: »
    Ouch, ouch, ouch, ouch ouch! I can feel every single muscle in my body today. I've started going to gymnastics on Tuesdays and yoga followed by rock climbing on Wednesdays and boy am I feeling it today! Even better is that the gymnastics only costs £4 for 2hrs and the yoga is at the rock climbing, doesn't cost any extra so I get 1hr yoga and 3hrs climbing for £8! Although I'm not sure whether £12 a week on exercise is very MSE or not!??? It is stopping me going to the pub and spending it there though, so maybe I should work out a budget for it.

Ah yes budgets....I have no idea again what our budgets are. The only budget I seem to be consistent with is £50 each person for xmas and birthday presents lol.

Can someone help me with how to work out what to buy for having Christmas at home? What are the reasonable things to have? I know that we need 3 days worth of food, but surely that just means we move Sunday roast to whatever day boxing day is (my parents coming boxing day, MIL doesn't need feeding for the 1 hr she's coming on xmas day). I've got 2 pots of pringles, a big thingy of choccie fingers....do you just meal plan what you're having over the festive period? I don't really want to go all hallmark with it, we don't even have a xmas tree!!!

We have ham (in cherry coke, Nigella recipe) on Xmas eve then drag it out again on Xmas day with the turkey etc. Boxing day we have a bubble and squeak for brunch and then eat leftovers of xmas dinner, cheeses, pate etc ad infinitum until it's gone. I also get in some freezer food, pasta veg (mushrooms, courgette, pepper, tinned toms) etc for healthier food when feeling too "meaty" and lentils, stock cubes and veg to make soups. Get loads of cheese, biscuits, pate, booze and nibbles. Oh, and mince pies. For turkey the Sains TtD frozen one was lovely last year. Get sprouts, potatoes, pigs in blankets, gravy and stuffing. Red cabbage if you do the Nigella ham. Cranberry sauce and bread sauce. Get some chutney too for all the cheese, l!dl have a mulled wine one I can't wait to try :D

Oh, and milk and bread!! And BOOZE!!! :beer::beer:
    Avogirly wrote: »
    Hi, I'm so sorry I have been rubbish as updating this. However, I have been good at keeping up with it. There has been a few slip up's but I am really proud that I have managed to stick at this for nearly a year now. I am so close to reaching my target, and I'm hoping that with a bit of a push during December I may just scrape through!

I haven't been able to clear all my debt, that was never the intention. But this is the first time I have completed a challenge and succeeded, and this is just what I need to push me into 2013 with enthusiasm and vigour!

Well done to all who have achieved. Please see my total below!

#340 £5,883.30/£6,534.22 90.04%

Well done :T
  • lemonpopsicle
    Options
    SpagBol wrote: »
    We have ham (in cherry coke, Nigella recipe) on Xmas eve then drag it out again on Xmas day with the turkey etc. Boxing day we have a bubble and squeak for brunch and then eat leftovers of xmas dinner, cheeses, pate etc ad infinitum until it's gone. I also get in some freezer food, pasta veg (mushrooms, courgette, pepper, tinned toms) etc for healthier food when feeling too "meaty" and lentils, stock cubes and veg to make soups. Get loads of cheese, biscuits, pate, booze and nibbles. Oh, and mince pies. For turkey the Sains TtD frozen one was lovely last year. Get sprouts, potatoes, pigs in blankets, gravy and stuffing. Red cabbage if you do the Nigella ham. Cranberry sauce and bread sauce. Get some chutney too for all the cheese, l!dl have a mulled wine one I can't wait to try :D

Oh, and milk and bread!! And BOOZE!!! :beer::beer:

Plus you've got to have Ritz biscuits :D
    Life's little instructions- Treat everyone you meet like you want to be treated..Watch a sunrise at least once a year..Strive for excellence not perfection:j
    £2 SC no.70 £140/£350
    SPC no.73 SPC9 £248 SPC10 target £250
    DFBX12 No. 069 £7719 / £7719 DEBT FREE 30/11/12
    2013 mfw No.4 MORTGAGE FREE 5/8/13
  • minicooper272
    Options
    Collective finger crossing paid off! The car is fine, just dirty brakes,and the mud froze. I do need to get the brakes changed anyway,so that came into it. All in all it's £160, and I'd budgeted up to £350. Well some of the change was spent in primark (already planning on returning half of it) and the rest will go on debts. I'll update at the weekend- got to go to reduce my overdraft!!!
  • Kerfuffle
    Kerfuffle Posts: 1,384 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Debt-free and Proud!
    edited 7 December 2012 at 5:05PM
    Options
    Hi Gemma,

Please can you change my front page details as another Santander payment went through that I wasn't originally expecting.

So my starting figure was:-

so now my stats are:-

# 56 5671.68 / 11971.68 = 47.38%

Was secretly hoping to get to 50% by the target date but now that my percentage has changed it means I'll have to find 313.66gbp within the next 19 days = 16.51 per day :eek:

oops # 65
  • SpagBol
    Options
    Those of you that have had successful PPI claims...how long after sending the claim form did you get a response? And did they write, phone e-mail?

Ta :)

Happy Friday everyone! :beer:
  • jakes-mum
    jakes-mum Posts: 4,624 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    kerri_dfw wrote: »

I just buy what we normally have with a few treats. We have jacket potatoes Christmas Eve with cheese and beans, roast dinner Christmas Day with sausages in bacon (that I make myself) we have chicken not turkey as 1) it makes ds puke up and 2) I refuse to pay 2x3 times the price what is essentially the same bird. Boxing Day is left overs with crackers, Pringles, cheese and ham (just our normal ham nowt fancy).

The only extras I buy are Pringles, a tin of sweets, some crackers, matchmakers (for mr coeliac) and mince pies. I figure the shops are only shut 2 days what the heck do I need to pack my house with food for?
    SPC No 002 SPC(3) £285/£250 (4) £519.84/£500 (5) £768.32/£500 (6) £911.30/£600 (7) £913.23/£600 (8) £1184.82/£750 (9) £2864.04/£750 (10) £3846.25/£1000 (11) £1779.72/£1000 (12) £1596.55/£1000 (13) £1534.70/£1000 (14) £775.60/£1000 (15) £700.20/£1000 (16) £2081.34/£1000 (17) £0/£1000
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure