Options

Comments

• legoman62
    legoman62 Posts: 4,557 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Just over 4 O's ish today:D

11 kWh exported...not in to use it:eek:
    16 Sanyo Hit 250s.4kWp SMA 3.8kWp inverter. SW roof. 28° pitch. Minimal shade. Nov 2011 install. Hybrid car. Ripple Kirk Hill. N.E Lincs Coast.
  • ajbell
    ajbell Posts: 1,151 Forumite
    Options
    4.6 Os today.
    4kWp, South facing, 16 x phono solar panels, Solis inverter, Lincolnshire.
  • Merlin139
    Merlin139 Posts: 6,867 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    edited 12 April 2017 at 1:57PM
    Options
    Mixed bag yesterday.

5.35 O's

One thing I have just noticed was that production broke the 4 kWh mark as it has done today now the sun has finally got out of bed up here. Well drawn the curtains so we can see it!
    3.795 kWp Solar PV System. Capital of the Wolds

• Martyn1981
    Martyn1981 Posts: 14,783 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    theboylard wrote: »
    I'm at O'Neill's on St Mary's Street Mart, but I can't see your panels from here?!

Can't stop, back to Corby!

Hiya TBL 'what's occurring?' My city centre facing panels are the BoB 'stealth' panels so that's why you couldn't see them (plus the 2 miles distance, but mostly the panels!)

Pop round for a cuppa next time ........ so long as the sun's out and I can boil it for free, loving my 1kW kettle.

Gen here continues to be great, lots of O's. High 3's or low 4's all month except the 4th. Up 50kWh so far, and halved the Jan-Mch loss already. Now predicting 109% for April and 99% for the year.
    Mart. Cardiff. 5.58 kWp PV systems (3.58 ESE & 2.0 WNW). Two A2A units for cleaner heating.

For general PV advice please see the PV FAQ thread on the Green & Ethical Board.
  • ajbell
    ajbell Posts: 1,151 Forumite
    Options
    First Utility keep emailing me wanting to fit a smart meter.
    Is this something I would want?, and would there be any issues with my solar panels.
    Does this affect export tariffs?.
    4kWp, South facing, 16 x phono solar panels, Solis inverter, Lincolnshire.
  • EricMears
    EricMears Posts: 3,236 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    If First Utility are also your FIT administrator then they might be able to use the smart meter to pay accurate export payments rather than 'deemed'. That might be an advantage to you (it would be disadvantageous to me).

You should be able to see some of your data displayed; you may even be able to download it to your computer. But there's a very good chance neither will be available to you.

With a smart meter, your energy supplier will be able to disconnect you more easily. On the face of it that's hardly an advantage to the user although there is a possibility that future tariffs might be offered that will offer a lower price if you consent to such disconnections. Note the 'might' also means 'might not' ! I don't think anyone is offering that sort of tariff just yet and I certainly wouldn't rush to have a smart meter unless such a tariff was offered.
    NE Derbyshire.4kWp S Facing 17.5deg slope (dormer roof).24kWh of Pylontech batteries with Lux controller BEV : Hyundai Ioniq5
  • Oscargrouch
    Oscargrouch Posts: 4,393 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Bestest day this April for me with 1.08 O's...I'm back in business...:D...coffee.gif
    2.5 kWp PV system, SSW facing, 45 Deg Roof. ABB Inverter, Monitor: 'Wattson'.
    Reg. for FIT Nov 2011. "It's not what you generate; it's how you use it that matters". One very clean Vauxhall Diesel Sri, £30.00 Road Tax: B)

Definition of 'O's = kWh/kWp (kWh = your daily & accurate Generation figure) (kWp = the rated output of your PV Panels).
  • Merlin139
    Options
    Very cloudy day with the odd bit of Sun. Spike above 4 kWh and a small one to 2.5 kWh lasting around half hour each. Ended the day on 49% of the month estimate.

2.32 O's

• Merlin139
    Options
    Bestest day this April for me with 1.08 O's...I'm back in business...:D...coffee.gif

Well done.

Now if you had only paid the cleaner after he had cleaned the panels he would not have covered them up!....LOL :rotfl:

Glad to see you back producing! :D

• countryman_2
    Options
    Still a trickle incoming at 40w/h as the sun sets but I'll call it in at a a tad over 2 "O's" today ...
    4kw PV fitted 4th July 2014 (Green Energy NW £5600). WSW facing, 30 deg Pitch, Unshaded, Samil Solar River inverter, 16 Solar World Mono panels, Iboost on Immersion Heater. located in mid Lincolnshire.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback