Renewables: "talking 'bout my generation"

Options

Comments

• legoman62
    legoman62 Posts: 4,556 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 13 April 2017 at 10:38PM
    Options
    Very poor here today, started well, then cloudy most of the time only made 2.16 O's....:)...coffee.gif

Very poor day where I am not:( 2.45 O's today:D
    16 Sanyo Hit 250s.4kWp SMA 3.8kWp inverter. SW roof. 28° pitch. Minimal shade. Nov 2011 install. Hybrid car. Ripple Kirk Hill. N.E Lincs Coast.
  • Martyn1981
    Martyn1981 Posts: 14,783 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hope this is enough info for you, this obviously, only applies to Aurora Inverters.....:)...coffee.gif

Edit: What is (DAO - did an Oscar!)?

Hiya Oscar, just wondering how long it took the engineer to swop the inverters, so we have an idea what sort of cost should be added to the price of an inverter when they start to die? EG, new inverter will cost £500, so should we expect to pay £700 to get a new one installed, if it only takes 30-60 mins.

DAO, as in, I need to get a new inverter as mine has 'done an Oscar'. :D

...... perhaps a bit cruel?
    Mart. Cardiff. 5.58 kWp PV systems (3.58 ESE & 2.0 WNW). Two A2A units for cleaner heating.

For general PV advice please see the PV FAQ thread on the Green & Ethical Board.
  • Oscargrouch
    Oscargrouch Posts: 4,393 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Martyn1981 wrote: »
    Hiya Oscar, just wondering how long it took the engineer to swop the inverters, so we have an idea what sort of cost should be added to the price of an inverter when they start to die? EG, new inverter will cost £500, so should we expect to pay £700 to get a new one installed, if it only takes 30-60 mins.
    DAO, as in, I need to get a new inverter as mine has 'done an Oscar'. :D
    ...... perhaps a bit cruel?
    I don't have a problem with that..:D
    Including 'coffee' time, I reckon he was about 20 mins. on site. Can't rate the ABB services high enough, no messing around, and the exchange programme they have when the warranty runs out, makes my future cost for a total repair/replace around £450 at present; can't fault it !:T:T:Dcoffee.gif
    2.5 kWp PV system, SSW facing, 45 Deg Roof. ABB Inverter, Monitor: 'Wattson'.
    Reg. for FIT Nov 2011. "It's not what you generate; it's how you use it that matters". One very clean Vauxhall Diesel Sri, £30.00 Road Tax: B)

Definition of 'O's = kWh/kWp (kWh = your daily & accurate Generation figure) (kWp = the rated output of your PV Panels).
  • Markj1110
    Markj1110 Posts: 912 Forumite
    Options
    2.89 O's yesterday.
    3.96 kWp System, SSE Facing, 30 Degree Pitch, 12 x 330W BenQ Panels, Solar Edge Inverter, Lincoln, Lincolnshire. Installed 26th May 2015.
  • ASavvyBuyer
    ASavvyBuyer Posts: 1,737 Forumite
    Options
    Just 2.1 O's for yesterday.
  • legoman62
    legoman62 Posts: 4,556 Forumite
    Options
    1.5 O's on a dull and showery day there:eek:
    16 Sanyo Hit 250s.4kWp SMA 3.8kWp inverter. SW roof. 28° pitch. Minimal shade. Nov 2011 install. Hybrid car. Ripple Kirk Hill. N.E Lincs Coast.
  • old_grouser
    Options
    In spite of forecasts of heavy cloud all day, yesterday produced 3.27 Os and today was a very respectable 5.45 Os.
    On a first pass, the data for VERY HIGH FIVES was surprising, suggesting that there have been 27 occurrences of 30 Os over five days here since 2011. Some of them overlap, naturally. This is about 1.25% of the total. I'm going to produce accurate data for the percentage of Hawaiis and their distribution over the last five years, since this is a relatively non-conroversial measure of generation. Watch this space...
    O G :cool: Somewhere on the South Downs
    3.29kWp S by E
    Greetings to Druids everywhere
  • Merlin139
    Merlin139 Posts: 6,867 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Well naff!

1.66 O's
    3.795 kWp Solar PV System. Capital of the Wolds

• Markj1110
    Markj1110 Posts: 912 Forumite
    Options
    1.93 O's yesterday, rather dull.:(
    3.96 kWp System, SSE Facing, 30 Degree Pitch, 12 x 330W BenQ Panels, Solar Edge Inverter, Lincoln, Lincolnshire. Installed 26th May 2015.
  • ASavvyBuyer
    ASavvyBuyer Posts: 1,737 Forumite
    Options
    Just over 2 O's again for yesterday.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business