Finally I have a mortgage I can start to pay off!

Options

Comments

• newbietech
    Options
    Congratulations on your home! Get the excel sheet out :)
  • themadvix
    themadvix Posts: 7,898 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Hi KC, yes, for my Nan. She's got dementia and really is beginning to struggle at home. No idea how we'll actually physically get her out of her house - she only very rarely wants to go out for a meal on a Sunday with Mum and Uncle now and there's no way she'll willingly leave her home :( But it's not safe for her to be there on her own any more. :(

The most expensive one is winning at the moment and Mum's running out of options. At least Nan can afford it and she'd be comfortable there.
    Mortgage free 16/06/2023! £132,500 cleared in 11 years, 3 months and 7 days

'Now is no time to think of what you do not have. Think of what you can do with what there is.' Ernest Hemingway

• themadvix
    Options
    Evening all,

Have run out of energy today. The motorway was closed last night and it delayed DH and I getting home until about 9pm. We did go and see his mum for her birthday but we would like to have been home quite a bit earlier than we were.

I had to be up and ready at 7 this morning for the oven engineer.... what joy! Hopefully oven is properly fixed this time. Have done some work but spent a lot of the day doing volunteering stuff - some for which my efforts are appreciated and some less so, so I'm not feeling particularly enthused this evening!

MS things:
    * Today was a NSD
    * Hm pizza for tea
    * £100 Nw switch money has been paid to both of us :)
    * VB survey, poll; SBs; MS rewards
    * NV/YG surveys
    * More washing done and line dried (it's that time of year when everything gets a freshen up!)

Gratitudes:
    * My Mum, for listening to me moan and rant about volunteering stuff
    * My friend, who was very appreciative of the help I gave her this afternoon :)
    * DH for telling me to put my foot down and say enough's enough about some of the stuff

Have a good evening all :) Enjoy the sunshine!

'Now is no time to think of what you do not have. Think of what you can do with what there is.' Ernest Hemingway

• Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Awwww! Your family sounds great! I'm glad for you that the money's there so that you can find a home that your mum's happy with, for your nan.

Great to hear that you've got the Nw money - my Regular Savers have finished now, so when the interest is also transferred to my accounts, I'll be doing the same :)
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • themadvix
    Options
    Thanks Karma - family are pretty close knit and we all get on fairly well (even my Dad - he lost his mum at 18, so Nan has been 'mum' to him forever). It makes it awkward at times (especially when Nan forgets that he was married to mum and asks where his wife is etc.!), but we cope.

• themadvix
    Options
    Morning all,

I am relishing a quiet morning at home in the cool, getting on with some work. It's been a very hectic week one way and another, and I seem to have spent a lot of time sweltering in the car in traffic. I do have a Brownie planning meeting later and then Brownies, but for now it's me, work, the cats and some bread proving in the kitchen - bliss! (I'm ignoring the packing I need to do, the fact I haven't cut the grass (hoping DH might do it this evening when it's cooler) and the printing I need to do for Brownies!).

Looking forward to our weekend away - it's sorely needed after a stressful week for both of us. We'll be taking lunch for tomorrow (hence the baking) and some snacks, but expect dinner will be bought tomorrow night as we're in a hotel. Breakfast is included on Sunday, so will be filling up at that, so only a light lunch needed then. Planning to do lots of walking, so activities will be free (apart from maybe a drink in a pub garden!).

MS things:
    * Spreading the joy of survey sites to my Mum who needs to up her pension income but doesn't want a 'proper' job! Hopefully get 500 SBs from referring her, but mainly want her to find the benefits for herself (and not particularly from Sbs!)
    * SBs, VB, Ms rewards all done this morning (whilst on phone to Mum) - have a good routine going there
    * Baking to take away with us
    * Work :)
    * Watered the plants/spaces where I've planted seeds!
    * Saving on cat care with new neighbours (BIL and GF) looking after them - fingers crossed all goes okay!

Gratitudes:
    * Peaceful morning today :) It feels really good for the soul
    * Lovely weather all week and continues for our trip
    * Making a couple of changes to volunteering that will make life easier

• Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    You must be away by now madvix, have a lovely weekend.
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • try_harder
    try_harder Posts: 1,527 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I hope you are having a wonderful weekend themadvix
  • themadvix
    Options
    Thanks Karma and Try Harder! We had a wonderful weekend! (I must get my account logged in on my phone - don't know the password since it changed :o then I could reply to your lovely posts when I see them!)

Glorious weather, beautiful countryside, loads of walking, the first ice cream of the year and spring everywhere! It took DH a while to relax, but yesterday we had a wonderful time (not to say that Saturday wasn't). Took lunch on Saturday, so ice cream and dinner at the hotel we were staying (£42) were our only expenses (even parked for free all day). Being the cheapskate I was, breakfast wasn't included, but we went to a wetherspoons nearby instead of paying hotel prices. And that kept us filled up until we got home, so only spends yesterday were £5 on a couple of drinks. A bargainous but very enjoyable weekend. :T Cat care from BIL and GF also seemed to work well, so £20 saved there (less a couple of beers). :T

We've got a night away camping in May, so am already planning how to make the most of it. :) (And planning a short camping trip in August :o)

Plenty of work to get back into today, so have been cracking on with that. Have three loads of washing done too, but stopped there as the council are digging up the road and I didn't want dusty washing! Chocolate brownie in the oven as we were out of snackage (hideously calorific, but using up the dark chocolate egg that my Dad insists on buying me every Easter - not sure how to tell him I'd prefer milk:o).

MS things:
    * MS rewards, SBs and VB poll done
    * NV survey for £1.25
    * S&S and FOTG submitted on time
    * Remembered to get hm loaf out of freezer in time for lunch today
    * Mac & cheese (Jamie's America) for dinner tonight - got cancelled from last week's meal plan

Gratitudes:
    * Wonderful time away with DH
    * Saw deer and a SNAKE - initially thought it was an adder, but looking it up, it seems probably not - still made my day though!
    * First ice cream of the year - so late though!

Have a lovely afternoon all!

• Crumpets
    Crumpets Posts: 1,014 Forumite
    Options
    Sounds like you've had a wonderful weekend MV, you certainly picked a good one weather wise!

I've only ever seen one snake in the wild - I was really chuffed too despite not being overly fond of them :D I love seeing deer too, they almost seem magical to me.

Send your dark eggs over to me :D I love a bit of dark chocolate :EasterBun enjoy your brownies
    Mortgage March 2011 £143,927.6
    Mortgage Feb 2019 £78,323.18
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport