Finally I have a mortgage I can start to pay off!

Options

Comments

• Crumpets
    Crumpets Posts: 1,014 Forumite
    Options
    themadvix wrote: »
    Brownies were a bit disappointing Crumpets - a bit dry, so will have to force them down with custard ;)

Sorry to hear about your brownies! Next time you have dark chocolate going spare try making a chocolate avocado mousse - delicious

https://realfood.tesco.com/recipes/chocolate-and-avocado-mousse.html

It's chatty on here this morning :D

I too am a big fan of experiences rather than things! People have far more things than they could ever possibly need!

Lavender plants sound lovely, I'm quite tempted by them myself but I don't have anywhere to put them :(
    Mortgage March 2011 £143,927.6
    Mortgage Feb 2019 £78,323.18
  • themadvix
    themadvix Posts: 7,898 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    They look delish Crumpets.... and apart from the avocados I have all the ingredients (only used half chocolate egg. Intending to use the coconut for curry, I don't know whether I need the milk, or can use that for these.... (usually buy coconut milk in a tin or more often creamed coconut in packet as try to avoid the plastic lining in tins - does make life difficult!). Thanks :D

It is chatty... how am I on p55 now?! Loving the conversation though - especially when it comes to chocolatey desserts :)
    Mortgage free 16/06/2023! £132,500 cleared in 11 years, 3 months and 7 days

'Now is no time to think of what you do not have. Think of what you can do with what there is.' Ernest Hemingway

• Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    And lavender plants :j I haven't read the newsletter yet. V impressive.
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • Tropically
    Tropically Posts: 427 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I also ordered a bunch of the lavender plants for my back garden! £1 for them! I did need them and had been contemplating them for a while.
    Mortgage started at £318,000 in June 2016. Original MF - 2041 :eek:
    2nd Property Mortgage at £275,000. Mortgage free: 2049 :eek:
    Total OPs: £29529
  • themadvix
    Options
    The bees will be loving us money savers! :)

ETA: Bummer, it's raining on my washing (which was probably dry!) :(

'Now is no time to think of what you do not have. Think of what you can do with what there is.' Ernest Hemingway

• edinburgher
    edinburgher Posts: 13,463 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Karmacat wrote: »
    And lavender plants :j I haven't read the newsletter yet. V impressive.

Can someone linky me? Would love some lavender!
  • themadvix
    edited 25 April 2018 at 4:05PM
    Options
    Hi Ed, sorry - was adding this while on the phone - here's the linky from the newsletter. :) 72 should cover your border requirements! Pity you can't turn the lawn into a big lavender bed! ;)

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/deals/van-meuwen#lavender

• themadvix
    Options
    Morning all!

Didn't sleep too well last night as yesterday evening's meeting was playing on my mind.

Have just paid for the coach for the Brownie trip next weekend - on my cc so I get the miles :) Obviously I will be reimbursed!

I got to where I wanted to be with work yesterday and am much happier about it now. Helped by client offering me a higher rate for it (I'd said the normal one would be fine, but was regretting it, so glad of that). A few other bits of work done this morning too, so things are looking reasonably good.

Not much to report - more work today and I need to do a bit of food shopping. Might pop to Mum's for a cuppa later too (I need to get out of the house!).

MS things:
    * MS rewards, VB poll done. SBs going v well - have asked Mum to sign up today so I get the Swago bonus too.
    * YG and NV surveys done (so close to NV payout now!)

Gratitudes:
    * Sun is shining
    * Lovely client
    * People did volunteer to do some things at meeting last night that will help my fundraising
    * My Mum and DH appreciate all my grant-application efforts, even if the people who will benefit seem a bit lacklustre in their acknowledgement.

Have a good day all!

• Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    You're an absolute star in terms of voluntary work - you do both types, the behind the scenes and the hands-on. And your mum and your OH know how much work that all needs.

Well done for the referral! Mums definitely count :j
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • themadvix
    Options
    Thanks Karma - I may only have got to replying now, but I read this the other day and it really gave me a needed boost! :kisses3:

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback