Finally I have a mortgage I can start to pay off!

Options

Comments

• Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    It sounds fantastic, madvix! I'd never seen deer in the wild till I lived near Richmond Park in my 20s, and ever since then, I see some every now and then. There's a llama farm on the way to the local tourist hotspot, and I adore seeing them :):):)

Snakes ... coo, I saw an adder once, when I stepped off the path on Dartmoor (I startled the poor thing!) as you and Crumpets are both saying, its brilliant to see.
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • themadvix
    themadvix Posts: 7,899 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Brownies were a bit disappointing Crumpets - a bit dry, so will have to force them down with custard ;)

Quite used to seeing deer around here Karma (we have an estate nearby with a deer park), but this one was a bit special as it was springing across an open field in the distance. I love llamas too - one of the reasons we want to move is to potentially have a couple of sheep and some guard llamas :) Kudos for the adder - I think that would have been fairly scary, at least ours was in the open!
    Mortgage free 16/06/2023! £132,500 cleared in 11 years, 3 months and 7 days

'Now is no time to think of what you do not have. Think of what you can do with what there is.' Ernest Hemingway

• themadvix
    Options
    Forgot to say earlier that I've been accepted for RM surveys again :)

* 1P survey done
    * PA survey done

'Now is no time to think of what you do not have. Think of what you can do with what there is.' Ernest Hemingway

• gallygirl
    gallygirl Posts: 17,228 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    I used to drive across Ashridge Park in Herts going to work, very relaxing seeing all the deer :T. (Though not so the day one ran out, hit my car and wrecked the bumper then ran off again without leaving his insurance details :eek:.)

We have ibex round here, though haven't seen any, and wild boar. Only seen a baby but when I was out one my own one night I could hear one nearby - very scary :eek:. Couple of snakes too, don't know what they were, I didn't hang about long enough to check :rotfl:. We also have wild tortoises :happyhear, I have picked a few up and moved to the side of the road :D.
    A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort
    :) Mortgage Balance = £0 :)
    "Do what others won't early in life so you can do what others can't later in life"
  • edinburgher
    edinburgher Posts: 13,463 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    That sounds like a lovely break madvix - genius idea to get your breakfast from Wetherspoons :T
    We have ibex round here, though haven't seen any, and wild boar. Only seen a baby but when I was out one my own one night I could hear one nearby - very scary :eek:

Can you catch one? Wild boar charcuterie :drool:
  • themadvix
    Options
    gallygirl wrote: »
    I used to drive across Ashridge Park in Herts going to work, very relaxing seeing all the deer :T. (Though not so the day one ran out, hit my car and wrecked the bumper then ran off again without leaving his insurance details :eek:.)

We have ibex round here, though haven't seen any, and wild boar. Only seen a baby but when I was out one my own one night I could hear one nearby - very scary :eek:. Couple of snakes too, don't know what they were, I didn't hang about long enough to check :rotfl:. We also have wild tortoises :happyhear, I have picked a few up and moved to the side of the road :D.

Gally, that all sounds so idyllic! I thought you were further north than me (when in the UK) - Ashridge isn't too far from us and a lovely place for walking.

Not surprised you didn't hang about with the snakes! :eek::rotfl: But the tortoises, how lovely!

• themadvix
    Options
    That sounds like a lovely break madvix - genius idea to get your breakfast from Wetherspoons :T

I'm feeling very much in favour of the Spoons at the moment - great value, reasonably good ethics (apart from selling pints with breakfast :eek:) and while not the most atmospheric of places, perfectly reasonable (despite the gents with their pints far too early in the morning). Breakfast could have been much cheaper had DH not had a glass of OJ (sadly, I wasn't with it enough to stop the glassful of ice that went in first!). What's not to like about refillable tea for £1.25?

• themadvix
    Options
    Morning all,

I got the back grass cut last night before dinner, but it must have rained quite a bit here on Saturday night as it was fairly wet and hard work. So front lawn (which doesn't get the sun) still hasn't been cut. DH might have a go this evening with the strimmer (it's got to that point now!). My raspberry canes are shooting, so looking forward to reaping what I sow there (not sure how many will get to the kitchen!). No sign of seeds that I planted last week yet, but I am gently watering and chasing cat who thinks it's a litter tray off the raised bed :eek: I'm loving the long evenings now - so much more gets done!

The week is likely to be pretty busy - evening class tonight, meeting tomorrow evening which I need to get organised for or I'll forget to bring something up and Brownies on Friday. Busy doing two lots of volunteering on Saturday too. I need to sort a meal plan out really, but I'm sorted for tonight and Thursday. Need to think of something quick for tomorrow night though.

MS things:
    * SBs (swago on, so a few extras $), MS rewards, (still waiting for VB to update the poll!)
    * 1P 10p; PA 25p surveys
    * Veg box cancelled as we have plenty in (and out for dinner at an event on Saturday)
    * Client has just (as I'm typing) emailed to warn me that May will be busy :) and quite a bit of it will be the more enjoyable work :T
    * Ebay purchase of some needed pond bits via TCB

Gratitudes:
    * Feeling relaxed from the weekend still :)
    * Cats seem to be getting on better (dosed up on Zylkene and Bach rescue remedy (for pets!) - will start to wean off the Zylkene
    * Raspberry shoots and flowers on the strawbs!

Have a good day all!

• earthgirl
    earthgirl Posts: 3,762 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Sounds lovely in your garden. I don't think our lawn has grown one iota yet, the weather has been so bad. Itching to get out there properly!
    15/5/12 Paid off Mortgage 1 (£220k) Bought Dream House:www: Dec 13 - Mortage 2 -£116,508. 15/7/18 Mortgage Free Again :j

Progress not Perfection
  • themadvix
    Options
    I think lovely might be pushing it - I just have selective vision! I'm ignoring the many weeds and half finished projects! As DH is busy getting the mini ready for the London to Brighton run, it's down to me to get the garden sorted - which has mixed results!

I found a box of tulip bulbs in the shed the other day that I ordered on offer from Thompson & Morgan in October. It was when I was ill and couldn't manage any gardening and then I completely forgot about them... bit late now! Will save them for next year/Christmas presents!

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback