PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Fiscal Fast – 7 days no spending (at all)

Options

Comments

• determined_new_ms
    Options
    Right I'm in for the month of Jan. Who's with me???
    DF as at 30/12/16
    Womblng 2020:
    NSD Jan 2/18 YTD: 2
  • EC12345
    EC12345 Posts: 481 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Me please.
    Mortgage Free
    Save £5,000 in 2020[CENTER
    :j
  • determined_new_ms
    Options
    Yay it's on then EC12345! Let the weird and wonderful dinner time extravaganza begin! Nothing too outlandish for my 1st day. Easy NSD :) Gammon kinda roast. LO gammon sliced up 1/2 in fridge for gammon chips and egg on Tues and 1/2 frozen for pasta bake later this week. Made a load extra mash and veg for bubble and squeak tomorrow.

Have promised lo we will go to local wildlife park tomorrow using our membership so will take packed lunches, flask of coffee and drink for her and a pack of sweets from the stash. not another nsd as need milk but that's all :)
    DF as at 30/12/16
    Womblng 2020:
  • Caterina
    Caterina Posts: 5,919 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Me too. Once back in the UK after 5 Jan.
    Finally I'm an OAP and can travel free (in London at least!).
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 17,413 Forumite
    First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Well after this mornings foray to buy fruit and veg I am hoping very little else will be needed this month I have been away to my two DDs for the past 10 days or so (apart from one quick night at home) and have lots of stuff indoors to use up in January ,plus lots of left over bits from the Christmas stuff.

I also had a couple of food hampers given to me as presents, so I have virtually no food shopping to buy for January at all .

Once the fresh fruit and veg is bought I am hoping that's about all I will need.

Especially if the weather turns cold. I have lots of stuff laid up in store anyway.I don't go out much when the weather is icy as falling over with my joints isn't a good idea :) things tend to break more easily when you are older, and hospital beds are needed for really ill people ,not daft old women who go out when its snowy or icy :):):)
    So bring it on the fiscal fast, hopefully for me for at least the most of January

JackieO x
  • determined_new_ms
    Options
    just made 14 chocolate orange granola bars for quick breakfasts or lunchbox snacks for the next few weeks. all items from stores and used up 1/2 a jar of marmalade sat in the larder forever. Worked out 6p a bar.

I'm on a £1pdpp group on fb and have worked out meals for today are coming in at 70p pp :)
    DF as at 30/12/16
    Womblng 2020:
  • craigywv
    craigywv Posts: 2,342 Forumite
    Options
    hi im injust checked last time i did this thread was june of last year oh dear! got 2 nsd over me and fridge and freezers full so are cupboards. need nothing only milk this week. good luck all xxx
    C.R.A.P.R.O.L.L.Z #7 member N.I splinter-group co-ordinater :p I dont suffer from insanity....I enjoy every minute of it!!.:)
  • Tink_04
    Tink_04 Posts: 1,204 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Just did my shop so I should manage easily 7 days no spends!!! In theory that's how it starts but then the £££ gets frittered away!! We should need NOTHING FOR A WEEK so I'm going to say NO SPENDS FOR 7 days! I already have £2 on the side for milk which we will need to top up - going to give it a bash!
    Living the simple life
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 17,413 Forumite
    First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Did my first spend of the New Year this morning and spent £7.15 on veg and £5.73 on fruit ,fingers crossed a good two weeks before I will need anything more fresh.So my total spend is £12.88 so far and I shall be minimising amd making do with what I have in store this month. :):):)
    The Fruit and Veg I got was
    Cabbage Bananas
    Mushrooms Plums
    carrots oranges
    spuds grapes
    pointed peppers apples
    leeks satsumas
    broccoli
    sprouts
    parsnips
    lettuce
    tomato
    Cucumber
    Onions
    more than enough to keep me for the next couple of weeks I think, lots of soups there and I am quite pleased with my haul
  • determined_new_ms
    Options
    day 2 (yesterday) I made bubble & sqeak, fried egg, peas and sliced ham. Oh looked like he wanted to murder me! Sadly oh & I are on very different pages on the mse front. He announced last night he is planning on changing his diet from today, and this does not include using up all the food in the house first :( This is really hard as since I've been working part time he contributes much more to household expenses than I do so really I don't have a leg to stand on...

day 3 - need to get milk.

B has been granola bars for oh & lo
    L will be ham & cheese toasties to use up ham, fromage frais out of the freezer for madam & an apple. I will have a banana
    D is ys beef goulash with peppers and veg from freezer

snacks for lo will be ritz crackers and raisins

Not weird or wonderful yet!
    DF as at 30/12/16
    Womblng 2020:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income