PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Fiscal Fast – 7 days no spending (at all)

Options

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 17,413 Forumite
    First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    No shopping for me either today although I was severly tempted at the little local shop as they had some gorgeous looking strawberries from a local farm I may have a treat on saturday as they were only £1.20 for a punnet
  • craigywv
    craigywv Posts: 2,342 Forumite
    Options
    you have nerves of steel jackie lol
    C.R.A.P.R.O.L.L.Z #7 member N.I splinter-group co-ordinater :p I dont suffer from insanity....I enjoy every minute of it!!.:)
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:and a purse that shuts with a snap like the jaws of a shark at times :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
  • lilian1977
    lilian1977 Posts: 5,038 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Proud of myself today - my son has his little friend from school coming for tea and they want to make pizzas, so instead of going out and buying a kit, I raided the cupboards and have made pizza dough and some tomato sauce. We already have mozzarella, pepperoni, sweetcorn and red pepper so that's entertainment for them both for free :) Oh and I have cake making kits in the cupboard too so they can do that while the pizza is cooking!

Jack Monroe's Gigantes Plaki for tea last night and lunch today - all from stocks we had in and very tasty!
    My debt free diary | Post Office loan: £2827 | Natwest Credit Card: £3362.96
  • lilian1977
    Options
    So I made it through until Saturday when I needed to do a small food shop, but then didn't spend anything else that day. Sunday was the carnival and we had an afternoon out planned but I didn't spend much, my son had sold some of his toys so he had £10 to spend at the carnival and I think he really enjoyed spending money he had earned himself :)

Starting again today until Friday. Let's see how I do!
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Ended up with Just under £17 from my food budget in June and my friend has doubled it to £34.00 towards our race for Life fund this saturday .I am very pleased and have used up lots of bits and pieces. So far this month (day 5) I haven't been to the shops yet and I am hoping to probably get my first shop of the month on Friday which will be the 8th July :):):)it will be mostly fresh fruit and veg. I will try to steetch this shopping out as long as I can and use up more stuff from the stocks indoors Forward frugal fasters :):):)
    JackieO xx
  • lilian1977
    Options
    Great free lunch today - Tampopo were launching their £5 takeout boxes so the first 100 people to each store got a freebie, I had Thai Curry Noodles. Amazed that people would pay £5 for such a small amount of food though, especially if you have to eat it at your desk! Also had a free Starbucks filter coffee as the store we walked past was closed and they were giving out free ones from a big urn outside. Oh and yesterday I got free Belvita biscuits at the train station so that's breakfast for another day. (Got Waitrose coffees both days too!)

Means the lunch I made for work today rolls over to tomorrow so that's another day under my belt with no spending. Straight to meeting at school after work and then home for tea so not even any opportunity to spend unless I go out of my way.

Plenty in the fridge so should be fine until Friday. Will have to buy pizzas as got some school friends round for tea on Friday and no time to let them make their own, but will buy a multi pack from Aldi.

Catch up tomorrow gang x
  • lilian1977
    Options
    No spending again today, although have obtained 8 cans of Budweiser and 6 bottles of Becks Blue for free from the Metro coupon!
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Bought my first shop of the month this morning and spent a whopping £16.80 :) this covered fresh fruit and veg and a few items that I had run out of .More than enough to keep me going for another week I think
  • Fruball
    Fruball Posts: 5,739 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I like the idea of this thread. May I join you please?

I go to the supermarket most days and aside from the obvious spending, I don't want to waste my precious time in shops! Neither do I want my hard earned cash going into their pockets.

I've been so off the rails the last couple of years. Its stopping now.

Out at meetings all day tomorrow and lunch is provided. I've prepped some potatoes in the actifry and will add bacon in the morning and serve up with baked beans tomorrow for breakfast. Dinner will be leftover curry so no spend day tomorrow. I've not had a NSD for as long as I can remember. :o

Is all spending banned for 7 days or are there rules?

Fru xx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport