Santander 2year fixed isa @ 4%

Options

Comments

• RobStaffs
    RobStaffs Posts: 308 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    ok I am not panicing but its now the 17th April and I am still waiting on my funds from my previous ISA provider to find their way in to my Santander account.Despite giving ample notice to transfer on 6th April.Understand the earliest banking day this could have been done would have been the 10th.
  • innovate
    innovate Posts: 16,217 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    RobStaffs wrote: »
    ok I am not panicing but its now the 17th April and I am still waiting on my funds from my previous ISA provider to find their way in to my Santander account.Despite giving ample notice to transfer on 6th April.Understand the earliest banking day this could have been done would have been the 10th.

When did you give them the transfer form, and are you sure they have it? Transfers should be completed within 15 working days. If you have been waiting for longer, you could use the internal messaging system to ask what the hold-up is. That way, you will have a record in writing. Or email [EMAIL="complaints@santander.co.uk"]complaints@santander.co.uk[/EMAIL]
  • mbailey
    mbailey Posts: 858 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options

As far as I am aware it doesn't matter how long the transfer takes.

The requirement is that you have given them the form with in 10 days of opening the account, the transfer can take longer and has no restriction.
  • badger09
    badger09 Posts: 11,247 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    mbailey wrote: »
    As far as I am aware it doesn't matter how long the transfer takes.

The requirement is that you have given them the form with in 10 days of opening the account, the transfer can take longer and has no restriction.

The requirement was, and still is, that transfer form should be received by Santander within 14 (not 10) days of opening the account.
  • badger09
    Options

Too early to panic. It's only 6 working days so far and it is the busy ISA season :) Can you check online that your funds have left your old provider? Mine were transferred by cheque so disappeared for a while :eek: Probably a good idea to chase Santander if they don't appear by the end of next week though.
  • innovate
    innovate Posts: 16,217 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    badger09 wrote: »
    Too early to panic. It's only 6 working days so far and it is the busy ISA season :) Can you check online that your funds have left your old provider? Mine were transferred by cheque so disappeared for a while :eek: Probably a good idea to chase Santander if they don't appear by the end of next week though.

We do not know when RobStaffs gave Santander his transfer form. He said "Despite giving ample notice to transfer on 6th April", from which I conclude he probably gave them the transfer form sometime before April 6. We have no idea how many working days he has been waiting, and he may well have to "panic" now - i.e. query where his transfer is.
  • RobStaffs
    RobStaffs Posts: 308 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    innovate wrote: »
    We do not know when RobStaffs gave Santander his transfer form. He said "Despite giving ample notice to transfer on 6th April", from which I conclude he probably gave them the transfer form sometime before April 6. We have no idea how many working days he has been waiting, and he may well have to "panic" now - i.e. query where his transfer is.
    I submitted my transfer form in mid march and my new ISA account was open mid march by Santander. I also received a letter from my my old ISA provider that they had received a request to transfer on maturity date.ie 6th April.. ps still no sign of the funds today. Have been in touch with Santander and they have said it takes time.
  • badger09
    Options
    innovate wrote: »

You're right :) I had interpreted as OP had actually given notice on 6th :o
  • DavidAC
    DavidAC Posts: 298 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    How long does it typically take between the old ISA account being closed and funds being credited to the Santander account? Does Santander pay interest from old account closure or from when the funds are credited?
  • evenasus
    evenasus Posts: 11,861 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    DavidAC wrote: »
    How long does it typically take between the old ISA account being closed and funds being credited to the Santander account? Does Santander pay interest from old account closure or from when the funds are credited?
    Santander pay interest from the day the funds leave your old ISA account.

My transfer was from Barclays and took about a week I think.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure